SRWI-

by teacher: Rye Alumni

The stock market is always moving up and down. The stocks are bullish or bearish and they never ever stay the same. Stocks move up and down like a roller coaster and they can be a very risky investment. You can win no money or you can win millions of dollars. Stocks can also go way down and you can lose just as much money as you can win. Stocks are risky but they can also be rewarding. If you had to invest in three stocks of your choice using only $10,000 what would you invest in? I invested in three different stocks. I invested in Nike, Caterpillar, and Weyerhauser and I made a little bit of money on this.

I invested in Nike, Caterpillar, and Weyerhauser and this was my analysis of the stock market. If you do choose to invest I wish you good luck because it is a risky task. Only invest at your own risk. I hope though that you look into maybe investing in the roller coaster stock market. Maybe next time I will have to invest in some other stocks and try to make more money than I already have. I hope that in the future I will have another go at investing in the stock market.. I hope that you may in the near future be able to invest in stocks and use this report to guide you through your investing process.

This is the flag that I drew up to represent Antarctica. I drew a base camp to show that there are no homes on Antarctica and so they only have base camps and field camps that they stay in while they are there. I drew a vehicle at the bottom to show a sprite which is one of the main vehicles that researchers use to travel across the land of Antarctica. I drew a seal and a penguin which are the main animals that live there. They do have some extra animals however they very rarely research animals other than those in the picture. I drew a dive hole in the ice to show how the researchers get all of their data. I drew a cool kind of design at the bottom representing the white snow. It looked a little plain so as most flags have I added a sort of little design on it to make it look a little bit more interesting. That is my flag of Antarctica.

Playing in the snow is the most fun thing in the world. Before the storm we see these great big and massive clouds that come over our towns. They are big black clouds that make everything look gray and gloomy. During the snow storm it is not very exciting as you can not go outside if it is snowing hard and all you see is white blurs falling from the sky. Everything gets all gloomy before the storm there is really nothing to do except for wait it starts to snow. The clouds sit over you and you have to just wait for the snow. All of the kids are very anxious for the snow to come because then they can do many different things. But still before the storm the clouds get darker and darker and the whole world looks depressed.

The snow starts to fall... little by little the children waiting outside start to see little flakes of snow. All of there friends think they are crazy when they say its snowing because not all of them see it. Then the snow comes down harder and harder until you can see it completely. It looks like people are dumping buckets of graded cheese down. It does not pile up yet because the ground is not yet frozen but in about a half of an hour it starts to pile. You can have thick snow or fluffy snow or slush. Thick snow is not very good for sledding which is where you take something and slide down a hill covered in snow with it. It is very good for making balls of snow and throwing them at people though and that is a ton of fun. Fluffy snow is great for sledding but not good for snowballs. Sledding can serve for hours of fun. The snow still comes down but now it starts to become slush. Slush is a combination between snow and rain. It comes down and it is like a cold mud but it is not dirty. The snow keeps coming down and down but then sadly it stops.

Once the snow has stopped it may still be a little gloomy but the next morning is amazing. If it is a cold day the next day then all the snow will still be there. You can look out and all you see is white... you can look left and see white and then look right and you guessed it see white. With a little sun poking through the clouds it looks fantastic you can see the sun reflecting off of the little crystals made in the frozen wonderland. You can sled, ski, snowboard, make snowmen, have snowball fights, and many more fun things. The snow opens up a whole new variety of activities that we can do for fun and for the enjoyment of oneself. The sad part about the snow is that it does not last long maybe only December into maybe March or April. So we have to enjoy the little snow that we get when we get it and make the best of it. SNOW IS AWESOME!

When I see you with my retina my swells like a red GIANT star!

Our love is like the ovary of a plant, it starts small but it grows into a luscious fruit!

I admire you're eyes, they twinkle like the stars through the atmoshpere!

When you talk to me my soars like a great meteor!

When I am away from you my feels like a scratched cornea, I can't see straight... 

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY=http://=http://!!!

~srwi~

In art we did a project using cameras and taking pictures. We took pictures of various places that we possibly could hide in the art room if we were shrunk down. Then we took a picture of ourselves and cropped it into the picture of the hiding place. Using Adobe Photoshop we made ourselves small and moved ourselves to a position so that it looked like we had been shrunk down and we were actually in the art room. I was hiding inside our printer press as I was just sitting on the side of it.

http://www.picvault.info/images/537115332_Will%20Stewart%20hiding%20in%20the%20art%20room%20copy.jpg

You can enter the text of your blog here!

There are so many different things that people do not know about space. Everyone knows just the the simple things about space like the rocket. Have you ever dug deeper into the life in space. There is so much more to explore about the living in space. They have to eat and sleep and even brush their teeth with no gravity. That would be quite the fun.

Food in space is very similar to what we eat here on Earth. The only difference is the fact that they have to eat a lot more calories than we do and they need more calcium because without gravity our bones do not get the strength that they need. They eat three meals a day some meals with water and some just plain. Condiments, such as salt and pepper, are made into liquid for so that they are easily spread onto the food. They have no oven or refrigerator so they have to eat simple packaged meals. They are able to store the food of there choice in a special capsule as it is saved for later. Astronauts are now able to choose their food as before they were only able to have simple freeze dried meals.

Space suits are something that not many people know much about at all other than the Astronauts. They actually have a limit as to how many times they can go out into space. They can be out a maximum of 25 different times. They are fit so that one size fits all so that anyone could go into a suit. The suits down on earth way up to 400 lbs. In space these suits are weightless. Because of breathing they have to have carbon dioxide removing things that will remove the carbon dioxide and release the deadly gas. They are easily cleaned and replaced so that the astronauts are able to live in the hostile environment. They have fingertip heaters to protect them from the cold and also AC in their suits for the hot sun. They lastly have jet packs to get around in space.

Sleeping is similar to that of which goes on here on Earth they have to be strapped down onto a wall, floor, or something like that. Once they had been strapped down there arms were still open so they will float once they fall asleep and the astronauts will not even notice. They had 2 bunk beds for up to four astronauts so that some of them would have to sleep in sleeping bags on the floor. The captains usually are strapped into their seats. They had 8 hours of sleep and in that they still snored and dreamed the same way that we do today. Space sleep is exactly the same except for the fact that they are strapped down so that they won't hit anything while they are sleeping.

In Space life is very similar but also very different. I have only given a glimpse of life in space for the devoted astronauts that are on a space mission.

We had an assembly discussing various ways that astronomers use to discover new planets. We can only find planets with a large amount of mass because they are many lightyears away. At first we thought that Jupiter was the biggest planet but then we discovered many larger planets by using various amazing ways to locate the planets. We can look at the stars and watch the planet go by the the star dipping the light in a way that we can be able to tell the exact mass. We take a camera and take pictures of the light and that will show us in a graph. We can find out the mass of the planet by doing this and also find new planets that are further away. As we get more advanced technology we can find smaller planets that are further away. There are many different ways of finding planets however this is one that you could do in your backyard.