MSSO

Overall I felt good about the stock project we did this year but here are a few questions and their answers we were asked in our final report. Here are the questions, why did we choose these companies, is there anything you would have changed, and what are some good strategies and advice you would give to people doing this in the future. Here are my answers.

American Eagle Outfitters was my worst stock but with the number of shares I bought of it I did okay. I probably wouldn't have changed anything about my American Eagle Outfitters stock. I picked American Eagle Outfitters for three reasons I like the store, when I checked the stocks they were cheap but rising in price and lastly they are a very popular store in apparel so I thought that they may do well.

Kelloggs Co. was my best company they rise very quickly so I definitely wouldn't do anything different. I picked Kellogg's Co. because first of all they were doing well, next I didn't think many people would do it so I'd be one of a kind and last for some reason while we were picking our stocks I was thinking about cereal.

Starbucks Co. was my second to best stock so I wouldn't have done anything different to that either. I chose Starbucks Co because first I love the cafe, last they're a big company so I thought they would do well.

Some advice I would give out to other people doing stocks in the future is that always check the top stocks because you will probably do well on them. Next, if you can't think of anything to do choose companies you like. Last, sometimes cheap stocks do really well after you buy them so check the graphs and then buy them if they are actually doing well.

This stock project was very successful and I'm glad I did it. I learned about stocks and spreadsheets. The stocks I chose did well and I'm glad I chose them. Learning about spreadsheets was very helpful and learning about it was something that I'll remember forever.

My Antarctica flag has the sun and moon, a mountain, a thermometer, and lastly a drawing of Antarctica. The Sun and Moon resemble the days and nights. In the summer, of Antarctica, the Sun is always up so it's always day. In the winter, in Antarctica, the Moon is always up so it's always night. The pyramid stands for the snow mountains around Antarctica. The thermometer stands for the cold tempuratures. Lastly, the drawing of Antarctica stands for Antarctica of course.

You can enter the text of your blog here!

Snow can be powder-like, packed and icy. The typical snow is powder but after awhile it becomes packed. When snow is packed you can do stuff with it like making snowmen, forts, tunnels, snowballs, igloos, and more! Packed Snow reminds me a lot of wet sand.Like wet sand it's easy to make different things with. You can still make a lot of things with powder it's just different. With powder snow you can go sledding, skiing, snow-boarding and snow-shoeing.

When you go out into the snow you have to wear specific gear. When you go out in the snow you have to wear at least a large waterproof coat, a hat and most of the time you want to wear boots to keep your feet warm and comfortable. Sometimes you have to wear gloves or mittens and snowpants too. The gloves and mittens protect your hands and the snowpants are basically thick waterproof pants.

It normally only snows in one season, winter. It sometimes snows in fall and spring but that only happens once in awhile.

Eyes have a bunch of different parts. They have an iris, a pupil, lens, a cornea, a retina, thee vitreous humor, the optic nerve, schlera, capillaries, and lastly the cones and rods. There are also parts that just serve as protection on the outside of your eyes, the lids, the lashes, and the brow. 

Twenty-eight minutes is a pretty fast 5k run, but it also takes a lot of energy and strength, that's why I was very happy when I finished. As I was starting to go down Pit lane my pace decreased vividly so I could make a sprinting comeback at the end. I was beginning to smell the smell of pine. The run was a comforting, and short run but when you started getting towards the end you got antsy. I finished Pit lane, ran up the steep hill and started rounding the circle. As I was closing the last turn I started sprinting, I couldn't control myself. Before I knew it I was across the finish line with a time of 27 minutes and 57 seconds. As you can see running is a hard but good skill and it's a great ability though and that's why I love to do it!

As I stepped down the slopped hill of rocks. I looked to my left to see a rope swing, then I looked to my right to see the surf boards. I unclipped to hook holding the one of the surf boards. I then slowly walked down the rocky beach into the water, got onto my surf board and started rapidly moving my arms rapidly through the water. The water on my arms was as refreshing as a cold glass of lemonade on a hot day.

When I finally pulled into the large, white rock, I pulled the surfboard up to a red and white buoy, then hooked the board onto it. I quickly climbed up the rock to the lowest level, jumped off and was ready to go to the second to highest part of the rock. I go up to that part look off the rock say quietly to myself,"1,2,3, GO!" I jump off and when my feet touch the water I say....."YES!"

Dear Dad,

I just finished Module 1 of my math text book. We learned all about probability,exponents, order of operations, tables and graphs.

We did a probability project on a type of items we choose then after you make a small poster all about the probability of the items you chose. Probability is a great project and skill. We did lots of experiments on it. We played games on the computer, we did the probability of cards and dice. They were great ways to learn probability.

Exponents aren't really something you'll use a lot in life but its an easy way to show an equation when the numbers are the same and you're multiplying them all by each other. How exponents work is like this. So say you have the number 7, it's in this equation 7x7x7x7x7. With exponents all you have to write would be 75. Exponents are really just another way to show one number being multiplied by it's self several times.

Order of Operations is how you evaluate an equation in the right order so you get the correct answer. There are a few different ways you can remember the order of operations the easiest one for me to remember is PEMDAS. PEMDAS stands for Parentheses Exponents Multiplication Division Addition Subtraction. Another way that people sometimes remember it is Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally. Well anyway Order of Operations makes any types of equations easier to understand and that is why math equations are easy and fun to do.

Tables and Graphs help throughout your whole life. You use them in almost all subjects. Especially when you calculating population from this year to this year. Anyway, we had to make a table for our probability posters and we made graphs and tables for homework, schoolwork, quizzes, tests, and assignments. Tables and graphs are also a great skill to have for future reference and jobs.

All the math skills we learned in Module 1 are all skills that we should know throughout are lives. I learned a lot about skills that I can use in the future and I can’t wait to tell you more about math.

I learned a lot about astronomy with Mr. Gianforte especially about Dwarf planets. I never knew that there were actually more than the main eight planets that we knew of. There are more dwarf planets than Pluto. I also learned that Pluto has it's own moon. Dwarf planets are also something I learned it sound sort of weird but i didn't know that there were other planets out there it turns out there are hundreds!!

Mr. Gianforte also taught us about how long it takes for planets to rotate around a star. For some planets it takes hundreds of years because they are so far away from the star. Earth only takes one year.

He also talked about different types of measurements like Astronomical Units, Light-years,and more!

Astronomy is a great subject that I would like to learn more about and Mr. Gianforte explained a lot about it in a great way. Thanks Again Mr. Gianforte!

Dear Dad,

Recently we had the Moon Rocks in our classroom.

New Hampshire

New England; Northeast

The United States of America

North America

Northern/Western Hemispheres

Earth

Sun;Sol

Milky Way

Local Cluster

Local Super Cluster

Universe

Wordle: RJH