MJJA

Math Spreedsheet

This piece of work is a spreedsheet. This spreedsheet we work on in Math while learning about the stock Market. It is pretty easy to make. It is easy to read as well. I chose to put the spreedsheet in my portfolio because I worked hard on it. Most people got the hang of it on the first day, I got the hang of it later. After I asked for help, I understood what I had to do. This spreedsheet represents hard work. I am glad I finally know how to use a spreedsheet because they may come handy someday.

When I created this piece, I obviously learned how to make a spreedsheet, which means you have to know what docmuents you have to use when opening OpenOffifce. Knowing how to make a spreedsheet comes handy when it comes to math, because it does the math for you. Knowing how to read and make a spreedsheet will certainly be useful in the future.

This piece is important to me because I worked hard on it, I also think I did a good job. I am pretty sure this won't be the only time I have to use a spreedsheet, so keeping this spreedsheet will surely help me in the future. This piece also shows what I can do when I am ready to learn. The first spreedsheet I did was nothing like the second one. Whe you don't understand something always ask a teacher, they will know how to help you. I learned so much oing this spreadsheet.

This piece of work is important to me because of the hard work I put into. I am proud of my spreadsheet, and that is because it turned out just the way I expected it to turn out. It looks good, it is not messy, it is easy to read. It actually looks hard to make. As the maker of this spreadsheet, it was pretty easy and quick to make it.

This piece of work doesn't show much about me as a learner, the main reason is, everyone did the same thing. The only thing it could possibly show about me as a learner is that I can follow instructions. It won't show much about anyone as a learner because it is not something I invented, I only followed the teacher's directions then made it look like it was my own, which means that I added colors and decorated it.

Well, the only thing I can think about, is that, if I ever need to make a spreadsheet to represent money, if in the futur I ever get a job that has something to do with math and counting amounts. I will probably have to use a spreadsheet again but I cannot think of the reason why. Spreadsheets can be used for many different things. I think it would mostly be used for counting amounts, not anything else. I am pretty sure though that I will have to use a spreadsheet again, someday in my life.

I do not think I could improve this piece of work. I didn't do it in a rush, which means I took my time to do it. Since I took my time the work is not bad. I wouldn't change much in my spreadsheet. I like the way I made it and to me there is nothing to change.

Shares Price per share Week 1 Price per share Week 24 Week 1 Week 24
Gap $163.00 $20.34 $21.99 $3,315.42 $3,584.37
Abercrombie&Fitch $73.00 $45.92 $69.61 $3,352.16 $5,081.53
Revlon $316.00 $10.52 $16.57 $3,324.32 $5,236.12

Dow Jones   $11,201.97 $12,563.89    
Total Invested   $3,910.12      

Stock Market Final Report

Our Math project was about the stock market. We were suppose to chose three companies. After choosing the comapanies, we couldn't change them. We has to work with the companies we had. The stock market is something serious and hard in the real world, in math class it is not serious, but it is still pretty hard.

I picked three companies. Gap Inc, Abercrombie & Fitch and Revlon. After choosing the companies, you might be glad you picked them or regret it. I am glad I picked Abercrombie & Fitch. Abercrombie & Fitch sells very good clothes of great quality. The comapany made profits. When I piched the campany, I knew they sold good apparel and that the brand was popular. Because of its popularity, the brand made a lot of money. The second company I picked was Gap Inc. I guess Gap Inc isn't a bad brand. The company's stock went like rollercoaster like. It kept on going up and down. I liked the apparel they sell. The third and last company I chose, was Revlon. I chose Revlon, because I saw a lot of their commercials. Once I had the chance to know more about the company's stock, I regreted choosing it. When I looked at the stocks, they went like a rollercoaster, just like Gap Inc, the only difference was, the stocks were much lower. Revlon's stocks is the company that made me loose money the most. I didn't know much about Revlon when I chose the brand.

The investment that I would change would probably be what I invested In Revlon. Revlon did not make as much as the other companies. It was actually the campany with the lowest stocks. Revlon's stock went up and down, but never went higher than it was before. When the stocks wet up, tey were sometimes lower then the first time they went down. The second and the last investment that I would change would be Gap Inc. Gap Inc made more than Revlon which is the only positive thing I can say about Gap Inc.'s stocks. Like Revlon, Gap Inc's stocks went up and down like a rollercoaster. The last company I invested in was Abercrombie & Fitch. Out of all the companies, this one, was the one with the highest stocks. Like all the other stocks it went up and down. But it had more profits than losses.

The most important advice I would give to people, would be making some reasearch about the company you are gonna choose. If you are choosing random companies, chances are they are companies who's stocks are low, and who barely makes money. When you choose comapanies, choose companies that you are familiar with. You can only expect good things when you are familiar with the comnapny. It's popularity can make a lot of money. For example, Abercrombie & Fitch, is a fairly popular company. You can see people wearing their apparel often, they have stores in quite a lot of malls. Its popularity made a lot of money. Anpther good advice is being a costumer of the company. Knowing their products, you'll be more comfortanle putting more trusdt into the company. If you know that their products' quality is good, you will know that people are more likely to buy products from that company. These are the advices that people should follow if they want to make profits.

After the stock market project was done. Learning about the stock market was interesting. It was pretty hard for me. Because of the stock market, I and probably a lot of other people, learned quite a lot of things about the economy. I also learned about companies, the way they work, how they make money. The stock market project, was definiltly a project that will make people learn a lot of things about the economy.

Article posted March 18, 2011 at 04:27 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

My Flag, has a lot of colors that you can see in Antartica. Antartica doesn't have that many colors, but the animals like the penguins have colors like , yellow, orange, white and black. I drew a picture of a penguin, near water. It's kinda shaped like a puzzle, which makes it unique. It's not really what someone would picture as a flag, but more as a picture or a painting.

You can enter the text of your blog here!

I wanted to hide in the marker bin because it's really colorful. Hiding in the art room was very fun because we had a lot of hiding place choices. We had to make our selves smaller, so we first took a picture of where we wanted to hide then tokk a picture od ourselves, then we cuted ourselves then glued ourselves in our hiding place. The outcome wasn't bad at all. The project was about our art teacher who lost her students (us), and we were all hiding in different places and she couldn't find us. The project was really fun.

All the parts of the eye have a specific purpose. The black dot in the middle of the eye is called,the pupil. The pupil lets the light into your eye. The colored circle around the pupil is called, the Iris. The Iris controls the amount of light in the pupil. The white part of the eye is called, the Schlera. The Schlera keeps the light out of the eye. The little space in the inside corner of the eye is called the capillaries. The capillaries give oxygen to the eye. As you can see all parts of the eye have a certain purposes.

Living in space can be very different from living on Earth. It sure looks fun to fly everywhere in a space shuttle, but when you think about, How am I gonna take a shower, if there is no gravity? How do I eat if there is no gravity? Well people invented special packages, showers, beds and many other things people need in everyday life.

People had to keep themselves clean. The astronauts recycled their sweat to take showers. They used rinseless shampoo their shampoo their hair. People also had to go to the bathroom ,and their toilet was very different from the toilet on Earth. The toilet basically works like a vacuum cleaner, with fans that suck air and waste into the commode. People brush their teeth the same way we do on Earth.

After a long day of work, the astronauts had to get a good night of sleep. In the space station there is two small crew cabins that are large enough for one person each. There is one sleeping bag and a window to look outside in each cabin. If they were more than 2 or 3 astronauts, the others would just take a sleeping bag and attach it to the walls or the floor, so they wouldn't bump something while they're sleeping.

The astronauts also had to eat. Some of their food could be eaten in their original form some of them had to add water to it. Nutritionists provided healthy meals for all the astronauts. The astronauts could also add condiments to their food they had ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise. They had salt and pepper available but only in liquid forms. The salt and pepper couldn't be sprinkled because it would just float away. If they were in normal form they would contaminate equipment or get stuck in the astronauts eyes, nose or mouth.

So as you can see living in space can have a few things in common with living on Earth. But as you can it is still very different from what we're used to. The astronauts followed some special tests, practice to be able to live in space for a certain time.