Copyright (c) 2014 by HT Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
HT -- Blogmeister

Computer Apps G3

Computer Application, Graphics and Multimedia students explore a variety of technological advances while collaborating with their peers.

by HT

teacher: Rich Ruggeri

I think that he is trying to tell his audience that you can do anything you’d like to. If you like something then go for it and try to do it as good as you can. He is saying that we are capable of doing it, we are smart enough.

To me what it means that you decide what you are going to do in you’re life and what you’re not going to do. For example you decide to listen to the teacher and do assignments then you will get a good grade. A bad grade is not anyone fault but yours you decided not to do that. When we are older we will decide if we will go to college, get a job, and buy a house, even little things we will decide like what to eat or to even go somewhere. So no one hold us back our mistakes are ours and when we do well that ours too.

I think that technology controls us in a way. If you think about it we are using technology all the time cell phones, computers, television we use it at home, at school, and at work. I can’t imagine not having technology because that’s what we know, we grew up with it and it would be hard to live without it because it is how we live. If you took technology away phones, computer, TV, internet I think we would be lost, most of us anyway. It would be hard to work without technology and even to have a social life because that’s how we keep in touch with friends. So they do control us in how we work, learn and our social lives.

Think about it in work we use computers for stocks, keeping track of money and the machinery. In school we use it, we look up thinks on the internet, type out reports and most of the worksheets we got were typed. In our social lives we use facebook and myspace to see what friends are doing and talk to each other. We use phones to text and call without that we would have to go to their houses just to see if their home. Also when you think about all of the gaming addicts and people who are addicted to the computer the technology controls them because they are addicted. So yes I do think we are controlled by technology

What stood out the most was section eight because I’m not sure what to think about virtual experiences changing us. I think that them using virtual spaces for military to treat post traumatic stress disorder is good. Also I like the drone’s idea because it gets our army out of the danger and they do not have to be hundreds of miles away from home. They can go to work and then they can be home a few hours later and people don’t have to worry about our people in danger. I am also thinking about how they are saying that people can’t tell the difference between the real world and virtual worlds. I think that people can see what you can do on a video game and the real world it’s not the same. But what I’m wondering what if there is some people out there that can’t if something they do on a video game is alright to do in the real world. I don’t think that this will happen a lot but it’s still scary to think about it.