Copyright (c) 2014 by SB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SB -- Blogmeister

-

Computer Application, Graphics and Multimedia students explore a variety of technological advances while collaborating with their peers.

by SB teacher: Rich Ruggeri

To me this poem is refering to freedom. Being one person, being independant. When it say you have brains in your head, meaning your not stupid you know what to do in a sticky situation. You have feet in your shoes. You can go anywhere, you can walk out of something that you arnt't meant to be in. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. That to me says, you have a right to say no. If you don't know what I mean, I mean that if your steering yourself in the wrong direction you have the ability to steer yourself the other way you can say no you don't wanna be in that direction.

"And you know what you know", no one can tell you they no more than you. I know what I know No one can change that, no one can tell me I know less then them." you are the guy who will decide where you will go". No one can tell you where to go if you it is against our will. I think this poem to me is explaining ones rights and abilities in their life. Their decisions that they are aloud to make on there own without having help or without being told what to do. In order to grow up you need to experience these things on your own and be exposed to it.

What has Technology done to us?

Technology, where I am at in technology is coming home everyday and going on the computer and checking my Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Yahoo, Aim, etc. If you were to ask me if I would be able to cut down on my time on the computer, I would tell you that the computer is what I rely on for friends. Yes I can use the phone and I can call people, or I can walk or get a ride some where. I think that technology itself has come along very far from where it was 20 years ago.

When my sister and I get limited computer use we always sit there and say that we never get to use the computer. My mom would always say that when she was our age she didn't get to use a computer she had to watch TV on a tiny screen with turn knobs. She would tell us that we should be very fortunate with our generation. I never really thought about what it would be like if I had to live the time when my mom was our age, I think it would have been hard. I can say one thing that if I had lived her life that I wouldn't be having the same look on technology as she does.

Mr. Ruggeri shows us segments in class. They really have a lot of questions behind them like, can someone die from being on the computer 24/7? Other questions are, can kids cut back from the computer on their own or do they have to have guidance. I do not think that it should go that far to where you need guidance. Everyone should have limits, I certainly do. I will admit that technology has taken over my life for the most part, because new things are constantly coming out and I constantly want to get the "New" thing. Everyone says oh "I am getting that". It just makes you think. If we didn't have new things coming out all the time would people get along better? Would they do better in school?, but most importantly where would we be if we didn't have technology?

No where.

What really stood out to me was the game addiction. That people send more time on the computer than they do in their social life. They are being swallowed by the computer and they are being pulled into the second life. I thought the world of war craft and the avatars was amazing. I just thought over all the videos that they all have something in common and that is the fact that the technology over time has taken over and it has come to the point where we are very lazy. Because we are doing everything on the computer.