Mose's Music-

This class is for high school students at Winnebago Lutheran Academy who want to learn how to make music on computers. We use Audacity and Garageband as our main tools, and we have fun almost every single day figuring out how to make music using audio and MIDI, but we also learn how to record vocals and instruments and even play guitar and drums if we need to.

We keep personal blogs (look on the right column of this page and click on our names) to help us remember what we've been working on, keep track of the all the decisions that we've made on our projects, and to share with our family and friends the music that we've created.

NEW 2013-2014 We're moving our blogs to Google's Blogger since WLA is using Google Apps for Education. Click here for Mr. Witte's new Music Tech blog. Click on the student names in the right hand column below to find links to their Google blogs for Music Tech and to see and hear what they've been working on in class.

by teacher: Dale Witte

to View slideshow, click the second option called "right click to download" After you click play on the left side you will see a preview of the slideshow. to make full screen, click the button to the right of the pause button. You may also view the slideshow at [LINK]

Article posted September 30, 2010 at 04:35 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 33

This is the first commercial we made. Its called the ipod u2 ad.

I took a ipod ad off of youtube, and replaced part of the audio with the cool 80's song "mickey". All I really had to do was fade out the original audio and fade in my own. It was a lot of fun.

The next video I made was the original ipod commercial.

Again, we copied the video, and replaced the audio. used the song "fun, fun, fun" by the beach boys. This project was done basically the same way, except we added in our own voiceover at the end. And mine sounds really creepy. The project was still fun.

The last video, and in my opinion, the funnest, was an airline commercial.

This time we got to choose our own commercial. I used Japanese airlines, but replaced it with a frank Sinatra song, and added in some sound effects. In all 3 of these videos, I had a little problem with the audio going a little farther than the video, so I had to go back and change them. but they were still fun.

The first video here is dance project 1.

This is the first project that we did in class. We cut the music together and we pretty much all used the same cuts. We used audacity for this project. It was fun.

This next project is called dance project 2.

I used the song 99 luftbaloons. I made a few cuts,and took out one of the verses. I had to use one particular section for a transition, but other than a few minor problems, the project went well

My Dance Project 2 song-99 luftbaloons

Dance Project 2  -

Title:99 Luftbaloons Artist: Nena

-To shorten the song

-To include a part from each of the different sections.(beginning, middle and end)

-To keep lots of cool german lyrics.

0-31.5

48-about 51 o 52 as transition

1::00 - 2:00

48 through 52 or 53 again this time fading out into the note before ending section

3:10 to end

i had a trouble lining up the transition into the end an the middle section. So i just used trial and error, and sight to line up the beats. I also had to fade out of the transition into the last note because it is so quiet.

the transition parts themselves were hard to find because they seemed to have instrumental parts on top of the basic beat/bass part so i had to clip and put together different parts from the "main theme" of the song. In a way.

I don't know what to write

Hi. Im Josh. I'm a senior at WLA and i love music. I play piano and a little organ. I am in traveling choir and academy kids, and i love it. =]