Tyler Geisthardt's Music Tech Blog-

This class is for high school students at Winnebago Lutheran Academy who want to learn how to make music on computers. We use Audacity and Garageband as our main tools, and we have fun almost every single day figuring out how to make music using audio and MIDI, but we also learn how to record vocals and instruments and even play guitar and drums if we need to.

We keep personal blogs (look on the right column of this page and click on our names) to help us remember what we've been working on, keep track of the all the decisions that we've made on our projects, and to share with our family and friends the music that we've created.

NEW 2013-2014 We're moving our blogs to Google's Blogger since WLA is using Google Apps for Education. Click here for Mr. Witte's new Music Tech blog. Click on the student names in the right hand column below to find links to their Google blogs for Music Tech and to see and hear what they've been working on in class.

by teacher: Dale Witte

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 04:30 PM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 44

This is my first commercial. I took this U2 iPod ad and changed the song to Know Your Enemy by Green Day.

This is my second commercial. I took this iPod ad and changed the song to Remember the Name by Fort Minor.

This is my third commercial. I took this Gatorade commercial and changed the song to Hello Zepp by Charlie Clouser.

This is my first dance project. Following instructions I cut this song to make it flow and eliminate most lyrics.

This is my second dance project. My goal was to have a flowing beginning, middle, and end. I eliminated most of the lyrics.

1. beginning-middle-end

2. eliminate most lyrics

3. make it flow

Title: Pursuit of Happiness 

Artist: Kid Cudi

cut selections

beginning- 0:00-0:24

middle- 2:04-2:38, 2:38-3:27-took off second refrain=approx. 33 secs.

end- 4:01-4:16, only used approx. 5 secs.

overlap with 4:50-end

I love the NFL. It is the greatest sport in the world, and I would love to argue that with you at any time.