Copyright (c) 2014 by magnus524 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
magnus524 -- Blogmeister

2010 - 2011

The Meyer Island 5th Grade Blog

by magnus524

teacher: Dean Meyer

R-Jonh Smith A-myself F-diary T-Who helped Jamestown survive?

Entry 1 : It 'tis' 1608 and I am disgusted with the colonists here at Jamestown. All of the dang men sit there and search for “precious gold” instead of planting crops.

Entry 2 : Today I, John Smith, gave a speech it 'twas' about how “if you don't work you don't eat” those were some of my exact words.

Entry 3 : My mouth is becoming dryer and dryer, because I can not drink water as often as I would like on behalf of the James River not having fresh water, instead it has salt water from the coast. Also I very itchy from all the mosquitos that carry diseases. One good thing is that we are very well hidden from the Spanish Armada.

Entry 4 : I have been captured and captivated by chief Powhatan. They say they will beat me with clubs, so I believe this will be my last entry... Ever.

Entry 5 : Pocahontas, what a wonderful soul. When they dragged me to the two great stones believed they would beat my brains out, but then Pocahontas, Powhatan's dearest daughter, comes and stops the rage and hate. However long I shall live I will never forget her. John Rolfe is a lucky man to have her.

Entry 6 : The year is 1609 and I am on my way back to England after being caught in a gunpowder explosion. Without my leadership I believe the settlement of Jamestown will fail.

Entry 7 : I have predicted correctly. One of my colonists sent me a letter saying “Our food was but a small can of barley shared among five men each day.”

Entry 8 : Good News! John Rolfe has discovered a new cash crop, tobacco! No longer do we have to farm, because you can sell the crop for corn, beans, potatoes, and other crops! Maybe Jamestown is going to survive after all. I must mark the date of this discovery. It 'tis' 1614. Good now this event has been marked and the pages of this diary have been filled

I am a English explorer. Me and my colonists are looking for the golden bean. It’s a cold journey to Asia.

1 month later...

We have hit land but it is definitely NOT Asia. There is no one around except for me an my English colonists. We will return back to England and stock up on supplies and we will, sadly, try again in a later year...

This Just In, researchers have discovered that the golden bean is not real. It was just a hoax. "DANGIT'! We did all that for NOTHING!" A riot uproared but was substained. THE END

"Do you believe in Frosty the Snowman? Well,I do. You ask why? That is because he is my brother." It's not fair that he's so famous and I'm not. I was built right next to the fat guy. Also I hate the sun, it makes me melt and drip. I love the moon with it's lunar light and when it comes out it is night, the coldest part of the day. "The kids! Why are they putting clothes on me? No I'm melting!" Drip. Drop. All that was left of Frosty's brother was a puddle, two sicks, a carrot, and a couple lumps of coal. THE END

Parker Brother’s bike company is making 5 Tron Legacy motorcycles. The motorcycles have exact specs from the bikes in the movie. Each bike will be black with an accent color - 5 bikes with 5 different accent colors (red, blue, yellow, green, and orange). There will only be one bike made per color so if you must have a certain color, you better call now... Now, about the bikes the bikes themselves, the wheels are custom made 22” x12” dual hubless wheels with custom made tires (Buyers will have the option of additional tires if needed). The frame is 2” cold rolled and boxed hardened steel with carbon fiber / fiberglass bodies. Accent colors are neon glowing from behind frosted plexiglass and can be turned on or off by the flip of a switch. I think this is awesome and might buy one if I had the money. I got this article from currentgeek.com

Hi I’m a pumpkin I am so happy with my family here on this farm. What? No! I can’t be getting took from my friends. First they put me in a very cold metal torture chamber that clangs and bangs every inch they move me on those bumpy wheels. Then everything went black. I woke up on a table and some newspapers. OW! They have punctured my precious orange smooth skin. They had cut a gaping hole upon my head. Leaving a burning sensation inside of me from the sun that had never touched my core. Then they scraped out my inerds, every last one. Then they carve a face into me, probably the face of the leader of the demons. Then they sat me outside in the cold and on even colder cement. It cooled down the sun, but then even more heat when they stuck a ball of flame on a stick inside me. Then little demons ran to the porch and laughed at me like my pain was some kind of sick joke. Then they all said "Trick-or-treat!" as if I were the trick and the treat was what shocked me, they gave them candy also known as demon treats. As if the people who carved me thought it's a good thing that I'm in so much pain. Then they left with giggles and smirks on their faces. Some how I got the chance to rest. I woke up to the smell of my own dying flesh. Then they grabed me with much force and threw me into the air. Where they should've caught me there were no arms nothing. So then I thought to myself, this is freedom. I have escaped!

Okay Putter4 just threw the ball. Everything is going slow motion. Okay focus you’re wide open. You can score if you just catch it. This is a far throw Magnus524. It’s coming closer. Catch it with your thumbs in. Once it touches your hands grip it and pull the ball into your chest. Once you know you’ve caught it take it easy and jog into the endzone. If there is a defender run into the endzone.

“YAY!” screamed my team. I had caught the ball and scored. Success!

THE END

One day I was going to go to my mom. I was only a 3-year-old. I was walking down the stairs and THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP! I fell down the stairs. I told my mom to pick me up; however,she wanted me to stand up so she could see if I was okay. Someone was at the door, my dad, so we opened the door. He pushed on my chest.”AGH!” I screamed in pain. It felt as if a knife was in me when he pushed. My dad said “ We need to get him to the hospital. And Fast!” So we rushed to the hospital. My mom asked “Is anything broken?” asked my mom. “I’m not sure.” said the doctor “We better give him a cat scan.” They put me in. They gave me one of my Thomas trains and I was fine. They said I had a broken Collar Bone. So I rested and I got better.

THE END

PAWHUSKA, Okla.- For the second time in four years, Osage Nation citizen Debra Lookout has won the National Indian Taco Championship.

Lookout, a 39-year-old licensed practical nurse with the Osage Nation Diabetes Program, won the title in 2007 and again on May 15 in downtown Pawhuska, bating 13 other contestants.

“I’m just blessed, truly blessed,” she said. “This year I knew I had competition because everyone was talking about a guy who had salsa, homemade salsa, that was really good. So I decided I had better practice. My oldest daughter had a dream last week that I won. So I had a feeling that I would win, but I really tried different things, adding more flavor to my taco. I worked really hard and I couldn’t have done it without my kids.”

I got this article from nativetimes.com

As the American indian baby-boomers move into retirement age, they show a significant increase in what is fast becoming the No. 2 cause of death on American Indian reservations and for American’s urban Indians. Also, as medical technology makes significant strides in treatment, the cancer survival rate also continues to climb.”That’s hope for us,” said Tinka Duran, outreach coordinator for the Northern plains.

Today Homedog101 and I were going into a cave with only a flashlight. We kept walking to see what we could find. After A while I was getting tired. It was getting darker. “AHHHH!” Homedog101 and I screamed. The flashlight had gone out. I told Homedog101 “My brother told me if you skim your hand across the wall for a long time you can get out of any situation.” “Okay I believe you so we skimmed the wall. I getting more and more tired by the second. Homedog101 and I saw a light we ran towards it we heard a grumbling noise so we ran faster. When we got to the light it was...

Our parents. We gave them huge hugs. They had blankets and soup waiting for us. Homedog101 and I never left the house with a flashlight with new batteries again.

THE END

I'm a student and I blog a lot there's not much to say. :D