Blog by SF! -

What an amazing journey we are on, discovering all the ways technology can help us to learn more, share more, and become more. There is something new and exciting around every bend.

by teacher: Mrs. Ruffing

Global Concerns

The eight Millennium Deveopment Goals (MDGs) range from preventing extreme poverty to halting the spread of HIV/AIDs. Eliminating poverty continues to be one of the main challenges of our time and is the responsibility of all global citizens and youth have a critical role to play in the fight against poverty. These MDGs are acheveable! Once it happens, many people suffering will be saved.

The eigth Millennium Deveoplent Goals are eradicate etreme poverty and hunger, achive universial primary education, promote gender equality and empower women, reduce child mortality, improve maternal health, combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases, ensure enviromental sustainablility,  and develop a global partnership for development.

The International Rescue Committee puts forth an effort to improving the health and nutriton of children under five and reducing child and maternal mortality in areas where it is assisting people affected be war and conflict. IRC provides health services to 26,000 children under the age of five and 34,000 women of childbearing age living in the South Kivu Province. Through the ICR's programs, Congolese children under the age of five living in the region receive apropriate oral hydration and more children are sleepng under anti-malaria bed nets every night. 

Article posted January 13, 2012 at 11:45 AM • comment • Reads 36 • see all articles