Copyright (c) 2014 by 110 Bryan W Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
110 Bryan W -- Blogmeister

Mr. Lampus

Welcome to an exciting year of learning!

by 110 Bryan W

teacher: 6th Grade

Change 11/03/10
Heat and Matter 09/27/10

I  have learned that the smallest part of an element is called an atom.  My favorite thing about this unit is learning about acids. I also liked learning about bases.  I also learned about compounds.  The thing I disliked is that the unit had to end.  Some examples are stomach acids, and citric acid.  Apples, lemons, oranges, and limes.  Some bases are Lye (which is found in soap), and baking soda.  These are some things that I learned in this chapter.

Heat and matter? Whats that? HEAT is the flow of energy from warmer MATTER to cooler MATTER. MATTER is anything that takes up space. Heat is all around us. Even in winter. EXAMPLE- you go outside and play in the snow and come in after a long time playing. How do your hands feel? They feel warm because your hand particles are warming up in your body.  MATTER is all around you to. EXAMPLE your body is matter, your school desk is matter, EVERYTHING is mater. The one thing i like about this chapter is the labs we did in class. The one thing i hate is that we don't have more time in science class. Heat and Matter was interesting to learn about. I learned about contraction which is to get smaller and expansion which is to get bigger.  I also learned about Three ways to cook popcorn by radiation condition and convection.  What was your favorite lab???????????????? PLEASE LEAVE COMMENT=http://=http://