Copyright (c) 2014 by 87 Austin C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
87 Austin C -- Blogmeister

Mr. Lampus

Welcome to an exciting year of learning!

by 87 Austin C

teacher: 6th Grade

Three things that I learned in this chapter were dilute solutions, concentrated solutions, and what the pH scale is. A dilute solution is a solution the solute particles are spread far apart in the solvent. A concentrated solution is a solution where the solution particles are much closer together than in a dilute solution. The pH scale is a scale that measures strong acids, weak acids, neutral, weak bases and strong bases. The pH scale goes from 0-14. The lowest numbers are the really strong acids. Around seven are neutral and the high numbers are really strong bases. The thing that I liked the best was the lab with the calcium chloride, baking soda, and the cabbage juice. I thought it was really cool the way it got really hot. The thing that I liked the least about the unit was taking the test, but it was better taking it on the computer than on paper. I thought the labs were really cool. Did you think they were? Did you like this unit?

I am 87A and I like to play soccer. My soccer team is ok, but we lose our games all because of the defense and the goalkeeping. They are all really good until the last two minutes. I am really good even though I havent scored any goals yet. I have had at least four assists. So far we are 0-4. We have lost all of games except one by one goal. The games that we lost by one were all in the last two minutes. The last game we played we lost pretty bad. We lost 6-1, but all of the other teams that the team had played lost by average of 9 goals and were all pretty much shutouts. Just wanted to tell you about my soccer team.

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 03:29 PM GMT0 • comment (15) • Reads 38

One thing that I liked the best in this unit was the popcorn lab. I liked that a lot because I got to get popcorn. Another thing that I liked was when we were in the lab and were playing review games. The thing that I liked the least was when we had the test because it was kind of hard even though I studied a lot. Three things that I learned was what conduction, convection, and radiation. Conduction is when energy is traveling from one to another by direct contact. Convection is the transfer from on place to another by gases and liquids moving. Radiation is the moving of particles without the use of matter. I really like this unit. Did you like it?