Copyright (c) 2014 by Niya Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Niya -- Blogmeister

Mr. Feeney 2010-2011

A great group of 18 scholars!

by Niya

teacher: Mr. Feeney

Title: Centerfield Ballhawk (12/16/10)
Description: Explain why it is important to the Mudders that Jose is a "Ballhawk". Use details from the story in your answer.

Article posted December 16, 2010 at 02:24 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 94

Q:How is it important to the Mudders that Jose' is a ballhawk?

A:I think it is important for Jose' that he is a ballhawk because there was no one like Jose' that can catch as good as him,not even Jose's dad.I think this because Mr.Mendez told Jose' to forget about hitting the ball,and to focous on catching it.For example,Jose' was thinking,"I have to hit that ball,I have to, or I'm sunk."Plus,he thought he could be good at hitting until he heard what Mr.Mendez said about his catching being better than his batting.This is why I think it was important for the Mudders that Jose' is a ballhawk.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO THE MUDDERS THAT JOSE IS A "BALLHAWK". I THINK THIS BECAUSE IF JOSE WASN'T A "BALLHAWK" HE WOULDN'T HAVE CAUGHT THE BALL ON PAGE 336.FOR EXAMPLE,ON PAGE 336 IT SAYS THE BALL WAS FLYING OVER HIS HEAD. HE JUMPED AND CAUGHT IT. PLUS,ON PAGE 346 JOSE'S FATHER, MR.MENDEZ, EVEN SAID HE WAS A BORN BALLHAWK. THIS IS WHY I THINK JOSE IS A BALLHAWK.

jose is  a ballhank i think this becues he always  cages the ball and macks a pont for hes teme.pluse he brack mrs. dooley,s car  window with the bacs ball for exsampl hes dad did not get mad at hem 4 it

this  is what i thenk abut jose case hen the ball

Article posted December 16, 2010 at 02:14 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 73

I think that it is important that Jose's team thinks that he is a CENTERFIELD BALLHAWK because on page 346 his dad(Mr.Mendez)REPLIED "You've made catches that I never would have been able to,not in a MILLION years."For example, also on page 335 everyone was cheering him on because he hit the BALL.plus,on page 344 Jose wanted to hit .375 like his father when he played in the minors,and Jose just wanted to make his father proud of him.This is why I think it is important that Jose's team thinks of him as a CENTERFIELD BALLHAWK.

Article posted December 16, 2010 at 02:11 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 92

It is important to the Peach Street Mudders that Jose is a centerfield ballhawk because he is a horrible batter. I think this because he can't bat. For example, if he tries to bat he would cause the team to get defeated but if he keeps his possision as a centerfield ballhawk he would cause a win istead of a loss. In the story when Jose was batting he got three strikes out of four which dissapoints his father and when he dissapoints his father he gets glum so in the story he had to be reassured tht his father always will love him which gave him more confidence to try any possision he feels like he could master and his father also reassured Jose that he does not have to be good at the same things his father was when he was in the miner league. Plus, now Jose plays the possision he feels comfortable playing like in the begiinning of the story. This is why I think it is important to the Peach Street Mudders that Jose is a centerfield ballhawk.