Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

Wiggly Pete!-

by J teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted May 4, 2011 at 04:00 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 104

Why does Friar choose to marry Romeo and Juliet?

April Freewrite

This month I’m going to write about a RM 125 dirtbike and how much I miss snowboarding. I was looking at getting a new bike. Recently I’ve been talking to Jesse to see if I can get his bike off him. It’s a 1995 RM 125 and I can’t wait to get it. It has nice FMF plastics . I’m going to have to get a new piston for it. I’m thinking a nice Wiseco piston will do nice then getting a new pipe and rejetting my carb. Then maybe I’ll shave my heads and resprocket my bike.

Also if I got a new pipe I wonder what kind i'd get. I'm either thinking of a FMF. Even though there overated there very good. Plus it already has FMF plastics on it. Then if I wanted some quick HP I could get a new air filter. Then sprocket it. Probaly more teeth in the front less in the back. Since it's already snappy that'd be the way to go. Then get some new plastics, either all black or all yellow. Then slap on a nice decal kit . Most likely Makita. If I get it that would make my year. I really hope Jesse sells it and I'll keep you updated!

Jake

Ms. Transue

English

10, March 2011

Have you ever gotten behind on your school work in your school years? Or let your locker get messy and was not able to find something. Or even to have money taken out of your own pocket which really hurts and can ruin a really upcoming summer. Well let me tell you something, I defiantly have and it turned out to be become my worst nightmare, seventh grade.

After awhile in 7th grade I just stopped doing math altogether. One time my teacher said “Jake where are all your missing assignments” and I said “Oh I forget to do them” and I knew that was I lie because I didn’t want to do them. Then I didn’t find out what my habits really affected until the day that my teacher said “Jake you can’t go to the library because you are missing to much homework.” I must’ve missed so much and I honestly never realized it till then. That was my “wake up call” and after that I saw how much of a disaster my locker was. Let’s just say even a tornado in a metropolis couldn’t of been worse as my locker was at that time. Let me tell you something I had to pay a fine which came out of my wallet and speaking of that I never did see that book again…

That year I went from being a high honors student in sixth grade to a near failure in 7th. Which ended up affecting how I thought of school to this day. I always regret that even to this day because it messed up my whole school career. It made me just think of school as being more of a job rather than just school. It made stressed me out so bad that one day I flipped on her and it ended me up in Mr. Mallory’s office. Even though he didn’t yell at me or anything because he knew what was going on and knew what it felt like he still made me realize that I got to get on task or else I could be spending another year in seventh grade.

This is what I learned in 7th grade, you always have to keep up with your homework no matter what class it is and even if you hate it you still have to try to keep up with your grades. Also I learned to keep your locker looking clean and nice or in consequences with getting a fine slapped on a book and lost money in the future. Which by the way really stunk since my mother made me pay it with my own money. Also what was really hurtful was seeing the distress in your parents eyes when they see that low grade and they say “I know you can do better than that.” And that’s the truth because you know you can do better but your mad because your grades are so bad!

So when the next year came up, “which by the way turned out to be a great year if I do say so myself” I shaped up my attitude and my sloppiness and got my mind focused on the game, school. With that attitude I brought my grades up from failing and barely passing to halfway decent in my glorious eighth grade year. And boy did it feel really good to finally be done with seventh grade year and have a fresh new year and a better start to my semester.

So guess what Jake Cortright learned that year? Having fun isn’t all that “fun” when your grades in school suck and you aren’t allowed to go to somebody’s house or even just be able to hang out and be lazy on the weekends. Also I realized that you always have to keep on trying no matter how bad you think it is because in the end it’ll pay off when you get a “good job Jake!”from my math teacher. Or even when my mom said “Jake im so proud of you for getting a grade above a 85 in math!” That is the greatest feeling in the earth when you have a parent or even a teacher say that because it just boosts your self-esteem up and give you more achievement to strive for. This is what I learned this that year try your hardest and when you do that it will always pay off.

February Free write

Do you like riding? What kind of riding… trail riding or track type? I like both riding on trails and on tracks! I think that riding is a great experience when you’re jumping a jump or going over a big mountain on trails. There is so many good things about riding. I have a “xr100” that I ride all of the time. I am starting to get to big and better at riding for my dirt bike, I need a bigger one. If I were to get a new dirt bike I would get a YZ125 just because I can handle something like that. A YZ is a Yamaha if you did not know already and they are great bikes even though my bike is a Honda. Back to the trails and track riding, I like both as I had mentioned. I usually go trail riding by my house and jump the roads it is amazing! The last time I went to a track it was at MX 573 which is in Montrose.

When I went there it was my first time and I had a great experience. I had a great time, at first I went slowly till I got to know the jumps and the corners. I did wreck that day but it didn’t stop me from riding. Riding is a great hobby to take in and I have done that. I hope you will consider to take in this hobby also even if you just do it once and a while. Do you like riding? Do you like riding on trails? Or would you rather ride on a track?

January Free Write!

I went to Greek Peak three weeks ago snowboarding. Greek is about two hours away up in New York. Andrew, Mike, Pete and I all went up. It was awesome because it just snow and it was so powdery. I barely wrecked that night and I hit up the quarter pipe and it was sick. I ollied up on to it then dropped back in. I was greasing it heavy that night, but I did beef some jumps. Then on the way home that night the roads were barely touched from the state line in.

Lately I’ve been doing some nasty nose butters. A nose butter is exactly like a nose manual only really greasy. Greasing is when you start sliding on the snow like rocking back and forth on your board real quick. I can't wait to go this weekend to Elk and do some steezy ones. I’m really pumped and we're going this Friday night which is tomorrow night.

I choose to write about snowboarding this month. I'll keep you updated next month!

Recently I interviewed Dalton from 8th grade. I asked him the simple question of what it is to be grown up and he said: it is having “more privileges and you get to participate in more activities" like driving and going out to parties. This is what Dalton said for what it means to be grown up.

November Freewrite:

This month I am writing about what I’m looking forward to and Call of Duty Black Ops. I recently got Call of Duty Black Ops and its defiantly game of the year material! It’s pretty epic. Right now I am level thirty-five and I can’t wait too prestige! It’s going to be awesome also the campaign is ill. It’s definitely the best one I’ve played so far! I think right now that it is going to get game of the year just because it is so well put together. It is awesome like me.

Now this is what I am looking forward to this upcoming months is snowboarding. It’s goingto be so much fun and I am so pumped for it. Especially going with Mike and Scra. Then going with the school will be some good times too. I can’t wait till the first ski trip in December! This is my November Free write and it’s what I’m looking forward to this winter. Can’t wait!

Article posted September 22, 2010 at 04:11 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 42

Hi!

My name is Jake. I am doing a September Free Write. I am going to write about snowboarding season, and what I’m looking forward to. Snowboarding season is going to be fun and very exciting! I hope I can hit up some rails and boxes in the terrain park but I’m not expecting to be good at it! Another thing about snowboarding season is the black diamonds. I'm going to be so scared to go down them. Especially one they call White Lightning. That’s what I’m pumped up for in snowboarding season.

Then another thing I’m looking forward this year is all the new games coming out. Like I’m so pumped for Medal of Honor 2010, it drops on October 12, 2010. I will love playing that with the bro's. Then I’m also pumped up for Call of Duty Black Ops. That drops on November 9, 2010. I’m predicting that will be the 2010 game of the year! This is what I’m looking forward to this winter!

Article posted September 13, 2010 at 06:23 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 51

enter the text of your blog here!

Hello!

My Name is Jake and I will be talking about my binder today. I have my name in MLA format. Then I have a picture of my best reading experience. My best reading experience is Harris and Me. Another picture I have is a picture of hearts because I feel that I am a loving person. Then another picture I have is a photo of Modern Warfare 2. That is my anything photo. Then finally I have a photo of Lonely Island. I like them alot and there a very good musical group. Finally I have a photo of a quote that I like a lot. Its "What comes around goes around" by anonymous. I like that quote because it is true to life. This is my blog about A Visual Representation of me.