Copyright (c) 2014 by M Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
M -- Blogmeister

Meghan'z Blog :D-

by M teacher: Melanie Transue

Awake ; Chapter 1 ; Part 2

After I take a shower, shampoo and condition my hair twice, and wrap a towel around me and my head, I stand in front of the mirror above the sink and look at my reflection.
I can tell that there’s something different. Aside from my eyes, mouth, and teeth, they didn’t change much from when I first woke up. I just can’t figure it out.
I decide that it’s probably nothing, and move on to my morning routine. Blow-dry my hair, brush my teeth, get dressed, and after I’ve picked up the bathroom and put everything back in place, do I finally realize what was different after I got out of the shower. I go back over to the mirror and take a closer look.
I was right. That is what was different.
Now, for as long as I can remember I’ve always had this very fair, blemish-free complexion. Even when I’ve tried to get a tan of some kind, did it ever change. I’d be out there not even thirty seconds and have to go back inside out of the sun because I couldn’t stand to be out there a second longer. But I’ve never been one for sun, anyway.
Now, I’ve learned if I put on a lot of sun-block and not have my face exposed too much, that it doesn’t bother me as much.
It always did irritate my eyes. Kind of like a flashlight beam being shoved in your face. You can’t help but squeeze your eyes shut, and turn away because it hurt to look any longer.
And now, as I can’t help but gawk at my new beautifully pale, practically glowing complexion, I have this feeling that’s telling me that there’s something to come. Something telling me to prepare myself, but in a good way. Something that I haven’t had in a long time.
I turn away from the mirror and head back to my room to pick up a little and make my bed. After I finish that, I notice my alarm clock on the stand next to my bed. It says it’s only 2:17 a.m.
I can’t believe it’s only two o’clock in the morning and I’m here getting ready for school. Now wonder it’s so quiet, everyone else is still sound asleep.
I walk over to my window and, except for the moon and the billions of stars, it’s still dark out.
I release an exasperated sigh, grab my hoodie, slip on my converse, and head down stairs out the front door.

Article posted January 13, 2011 at 01:11 PM • comment (2) • Reads 67 • see all articles