Copyright (c) 2014 by Cory W Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Cory W -- Blogmeister

bmxer for life-

by Cory W teacher: Melanie Transue

Dear new freshmen,

Hi my name is Cory most of you might know me but I’m here to give u some advice on what to expect in ninth grade and how to be successful so you don’t fail.

Well one way to be successful is to be organized and know what work you have to do and when it’s due.

Another way is to do all your work through the entire year and you won’t have to work your butt off the last two quarters.

In ninth grade you’re going to do a lot of essays and projects so don’t pull a Cory and wait till the last minute to do them

Your friend Cory,

Track Season: May Free Write

Have you ever wondered when people start to practice for a sport well I start to practice before we practice after school.March is the month that track practice starts. It’s something I look forward to the whole year then the first practice comes. The coaches give us an hour and a half abs workout video that made us so sore. Then the next day when I tried to walk it hurt to walk and I didn’t want to sit down because when I got up it hurt and I couldn’t walk right away. By the end of the week you start to feel really good but then the weekend comes. You start to feel really good and you go back to school. Then they make you do a hard workout the next practice you start to feel horrible again. You have to stretch out really well and you try to but it doesn’t make anything better.

When you tell the coach that you are sore he says that you will get better over the next few weeks. You just have to get back into running again because you took the winter off. Then you wait a few weeks and you find out that he was right and you start to do races and you are feeling really good and all of your pain goes away. When you start to do the races and you get used to what events you are doing you start to have fun. Then when you do more races because you are having fun, the pressure that you feel along with feeling like you are going to do bad goes away. When you start winning events it also gives you more confidence in yourself that you can do better in the races. Maybe even make it to districts if you don’t have any injuries like pulling a muscle or hurting an ankle. If you make it to districts you get a really bad stomach ache and butterflies. When you start to race you the butterflies start to go away but then you can’t turn them into energy to race faster and you have to push yourself harder. Then if you are in sprints you have to so many heats to do of the race because there are so many kids that you have to race. All the heats that you run get you really tired and by the last one you are feeling like you can’t go anymore.

Therefore there is a lot of fun in track but also a lot to learn so you don’t get hurt. For all the people that think it’s a team sport it really isn’t each event you do counts on you personally and how good you run.

Bikes and workers?

When you see a bike do you think about what kind of worker your bike is? Did you pay a lot of money for your bike? Do you think it translate into being a hard worker? This blog I am only comparing four bike company’s and how they work in my head.

Eastern bikes are to me hard working bikes. They are great for getting work done. They also are very reliable. They are like a big corporation because they keep makeing better and better things.

Hoffman bikes are like a part time worker. They work great for a little bit but then they just want to stop. They did some good bikes but the they just stoped. Some workers in real life are just the same way.

2 Hip bike is like the boss of bosses. It cost a lot barely gets out and it rides in style.

DK bikes are like all your workers that want to move up in the chain of their company. They do all they can and try to do more. Most people will try their best and they will keep trying till they succeed. They just keep trying to dominate the other companies.

In my eyes these bikes are like the workers in life and I picked theses bike company’s because they are the easiest ones to compare I think. Thats how they keep the company going and how real life is like bikes.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 01:57 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 39

April FreeWrite

The problem is I don’t know what’s wrong. How can I fix when I have no clue about what’s wrong? Can you shed some light on what is wrong? Can you help me? Help me find the problem between us? What is this emptiness that is between us? Is it tearing us apart or is it just tearing me apart? What am I suppose to do? Just sit here and hope that something comes to you? Someone comes and helps me?

But in reality all I want is you to help me. That’s all I want is for you to help me to finger out what is wrong and tell me how I can make the wrong into right. Can you help me their? Can you find the thing that I need most. Can you help me through this? Will you be there at the end for me? Will you be their waiting for me? Or will you just walk away and leave me behind. To sit here and think of what I possibly did wrong? I can tell you now I have no clue what when wrong or what I did wrong. So I will ask you now please for me can you help me? Can you pull me through this like I use to with you? Will you still be there when I need you the most?

O please o please be their just for me. Just wait for me I find my way all I ask is you just wait. Can you do that for me? Sit down and wait till I make it out so I can see you again. In the same light that I seen you in before. Like when you were always their for me and wouldn’t abounded me. You never abandon me before not like an old car that wouldn’t move in the dead of night. So please don’t leave me. I don’t want to be that car that makes you walk into town for gas. So yet again I ask you can you shed just a sliver of light on which I wrong you? I really have no clue how I did. But if you want to leave me and get on the bus and don’t look back and you just leave I will understand because I wrong you to many times so if u just leave without a good bye I will understand. But will you know that I do love you . Please remember that and don’t forget me that’s only if you leave.

Cory

Miss Melanie Transue

9th Grade CP English C-3

6th January 2012

Marry Mirrors

What do you think of when you hear carnival? Do you think of fun, mirror mazes and carousel? In the story Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury the carnival is evil. The carnival feeds off the sadness. Its main weapon to make you sad is the mirror maze. Then the infamous carousels because the carousel is connect to the mirror maze. How you may ask, the answer is simple. The mirror maze shows you what you want and the carousel grants you what you want but in an evil way.

The first person that the Mirror Maze got was Miss Foley. When Miss Foley went into the mirror maze she saw herself young. When she went home, she saw how old she really was and she got depressed. “Transfixed at the mirror still, you would stand forever, unable to lift your gaze from the proofs of time” (Bradbury 121).This means Miss Foley couldn’t believe how old she really is. In chapter 25 Miss Foley calls Wills dad to have him meet her at the police station. She is trying to get the boys in trouble so she can ride the carousel (Bradbury 123). ”Tonight. The carnival. Music, the nephew said, that must be heard, rides that must be ridden. Stay away from the maze where winter slept (Bradbury 122). That is how Miss Foley is the first person in the story that got what she wanted by the carnival.

The next person that the mirror maze and the carousel got was Jim. Jim looked into the mirrors in the mirror maze and saw himself older. “Cougar and darks carnival October 24th…” (Bradbury 32). “ And Jim was there’ half in half out of the cold glass ties like someone abounded the seashore when a close friend has go far out, and there is wonder if he will ever come back. Jim stood as if he had not moved so much as he lash if fire minutes, staring, his month left open for the next move to come in and show him more” (Bradbury 68). “Yes! To draw them, to draw Jim, and what else? Right now…” (Bradbury 266). What if it was him instead of Will trying to ride the carousel? It wouldn’t be because will is good and Jim is evil.

The last people that the Mirror Maze got was Mr. Hallway. “Every glass threw javelins of light which invisibly pierced, sank deep, found heart, soul, lungs, to frost the veins…”(Bradbury 255). Mr. Hallway and his son Will were in the mirror maze. “For only a moment longer he looked at all of himself and at Will. A small sound escaped his mouth. A little longer latter sound escaped his mouth” (Bradbury 256). Mr. Holloway is laughing to destroy the Maze. What Mr. Halloway is doing is destroying the Mirror Maze so no one else has to suffer from the depression that the Mirror Maze gives people. Not the sound that Charles halloway made, no but the terrific sounds that followed. One mirror alone, and then a second mirror…” (Bradbury 257). That is how Charles Halloway was the last person that the mirror maze got.

In conclusion the carnival is evil. The carnival feeds of the sadness. Its main weapon to make you sad is the Mirror Maze. Then the infamous Carousels because the Carousel is connected to the Mirror Maze. Because the mirror maze shows you what you want and the carousel grants you what you want but the evil way.

what was the hardest part for you to understand in chapter 45-54?

December Free Write

TRUST

what do you think of when someone ask you what is trust? Is trust doing what they ask of you? How about asking for the personal stuff? If your dating dos trust play an important role in the relationship. I know this isn’t my useable blog but it time to mix it up and talk about something I think is important.

If you trust someone how do you show it?

The way I show trust is I will give the person I trust my cell phone. Also I will give them my Facebook account only if I am dating them to show my trust and I have nothing to hide. But there is a down side to this sometimes it will rip you and the one you’re dating apart so it just depends on the person. You may say it is a bit childish but think about it for a minute: your dating someone and you think they are cheating on you so if you have their cell phone and Facebook account you can see they are not hiding anything.

What if you have a friend that you always talk to and they want you to stop?

If you have a really good friend you always talk to and they make you pick think. Think about which one makes you happy and which one is easier to replace. Remember this saying “True love comes once in your life but friends come and go forever”. What I like about this saying is that it saying if you really love someone and will do anything for them you make the right chose but there are people out there saying, “Dude if she doesn’t like you talking to your friends then she doesn’t truly like you” .What if it’s a girl that’s a friend and she feels like she is sharing you? Then what, you stop talking to that friend.

So what should I do?

What you should do is talk with the person you are dating. Don’t hid anything from one anther be right out with it. Don’t worry about the relationship as a whole but think or the person you are dating so you don’t scare them away. Make sure that you show you care for them no matter what happens show you still love and care for them.

As you can tell this blog came right from the hart. As I say everything means more and has bigger meanings when it all comes from the hart. Don’t lie about anything because it will eventually come back on you and you won’t like it.

What do you think is the most confusing part (Chapters 25-42)?

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 03:27 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 35

Attention Getter #1: use a question

What makes a super hero a super hero? Is it their powers? Who is your favorite super hero? I think that teachers should be considered heroes because they help us learn and help us graduate, they show us how to do something that we have a problem or are having trouble understanding it, and they help us graduate by encouraging us to do our best.

Have you ever cheated to win? Cheating is bad and you can get in big trouble for it. What if everyone cheated and were never honest? I think it is better to be honest and lose instead or cheating and winning. When you cheat and win its unfair to the other players, when you be honest and lose you will feel better about yourself, and you won't have to worry about getting called names by the other team or by kids in school.

Don’t always believe everything you are told by other people. This theme applies to the story because the djinn believed al-faq. It applies to real life because you shouldn’t always believe everything you are told by other people.