Copyright (c) 2014 by Richard P Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Richard P -- Blogmeister

-

by Richard P teacher: Melanie Transue

Around the World2
For our English class we had to look up and research a country that we know nothing about. For my country, I choose Brazil. Were you ever curious about the facts of Brazil?

1. The population of Brazil is 190 million people ("Brazil." U.S).
2. They speak Portuguese ("Brazil." U.S).
3. Their type of government is federal republic ("Brazil." U.S).
4. Brazil gained their independence on September 7, 1822 ("Brazil." U.S).
5. The annual population growth is about 1.2 a year ("Brazil." U.S).
6. The life expectancy in Brazil is 73.3 yrs of age in the year 2010 ("Brazil." U.S).
7. They farm soybeans, coffee, cocoa, sugar cane, rice, livestock, corn, oranges, cotton and tobacco ("Brazil." U.S).
8. There are seventy water dams planned for the Amazon River region ("Brazil." Wikipedia).
9. Brazil is just slightly smaller than the U.S.A. ("CIA”).
I have learned a lot more about Brazil from researching it. Some of the things I learned I couldn’t even believe. Research Brazil sometime when you have a chance you will be surprised what you find.
Works Cited
"Brazil." U.S. Department of State. Web. 25 Mar. 2011. <[LINK]>.
"Brazil." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 01 Apr. 2011. <[LINK]>.
"CIA - The World Factbook." Welcome to the CIA Web Site — Central Intelligence Agency. Web. 01 Apr. 2011. <[LINK]>.

Article posted March 30, 2011 at 09:30 AM • comment • Reads 80 • see all articles