WHEN YOU ARE DONE, BE SURE TO COPY BEFORE YOU SUBMIT. THEN FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON MY SCREEN TO FINISH UP "MONSTERS".
The new version removes the aliens from the mix and instead focuses on the possibility of a terrorist attack from within, incorporating more modern fears rather than the 1950s notion of a communist infiltration or the possibility that extraterrestrials were out there.
1.Look at your differences sheet for the story and the new version of the tv show. Which difference do you think had the biggest effect on the story and why? And which one was minor enough that it had little effect and why? Be sure to support your choices with clearly explained reasons.
2. Which did you like better—the story, the old tv show or the new tv show version and why? Give at least two reasons why you believe one was better than the others and explain both reasons in detail.
AND THEN: Answer any 5 of the following by finding where the answer is IN THE STORY and writing the page number next to the number of the question you are answering. For instance:
1. What is the first disturbing event that grabs the neighborhood’s attention?
You would type in the response box below your paragraph from one of the two questions above:
1. 114 - the roar overhead
2. What are two of the strange, out-of-the-ordinary things that people begin to notice that make them wonder what is going on?
3. What does Tommy suggest is the cause of all of their problems?
4. What is the neighborhood’s initial reaction to Tommy’ story?
5. Who is the first neighbor suspected?
6. What activity does Ned do that makes him suspicious?
7. What act of craziness does Charley perform as the hysteria grows?
8. What about Steve eventually makes him suspicious to his neighbors?
9. Why does it seem logical to the crowd that Tommy could be the monster?
10. What begins to happen that suddenly gets others blamed?
11. Who has been causing all of these things to happen and why?
12. Who are the real "monsters" on Maple St. and why?