Copyright (c) 2014 by L Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
L -- Blogmeister

2010-2011

by L

teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: Frindle Chapters 9-11 (01/26/11)
Description: Reflect on chapters nine through eleven (Chess, Freedom of Press, Extra, Extra Read all About It). What predictions or inferences did you make? Why? Did you have any questions or connections? Share your thinking.

I have just finished reading chapter 9-11 in Frindle. What just happened was that Mrs. Chatham came to Nick's house and told his parents what's been going on at school. I asked why wasn't Nick's mom mad when she heard what Nick had done? She said that Nick was just having fun and she didn't understand why all of the teachers were getting so angry. I agree, how can such a little word make teachers go nuts. Also, a woman named Judy Morgan who writes for the newspaper went to NIck's school and interviewed Mrs. Chatham and Mrs. Granger. Judy was going to write a column about Frindle in the paper. I predict that the whole town will read the newspaper and everyone will start using Frindle instead of pen. Why is Mrs. Chatham so mad at Mrs. Granger? I hope I can figure out soon!

I just finished reading chapters 9-11 in Frindle. The principal Mrs. Chatham has just came to Nick's house to talk about the word Frindle he created. I thought Nick was gonna be in big trouble but then Nick's mom steps in and asks Mrs. Chatham why does nick have to be in big trouble when he was just being creative by making up a new word? And Mrs. Chatham totally agreed! So Nick didn't come in big trouble and I wold be totally freaked out if my principal walked in and said i was in big trouble but the agreed that i wasn't! A reporter named Judy Morgan just came into Nicks school and went strait to Mrs. Grangers room to ask all sorts of question about the new word Frindle. But the one question that popped out the most to Mrs. Granger was the question of who made this word Frindle? Well I thought she was gonna be tired of talking about it and want to stop the interview but she told Judy everything about Nick and his new word Frindle.

In class we are reading chapters 9 through 11 in Frindle. While reading these chapters I was wondering why a reporter wrote about the new word,(also the name of the book)Frindle.This reporter wrote about this like it was a war between dictionary followers and Nick's followers. I would be on Nicks because it would be fun but challenging. It gets way more interesting but that part is in chapter 12.I'll keep you posted!

Hi there, The book frindle is still going good, and as I go on the word frindle gets bigger and it is spreading around so quickly!

chapter#9 I predict that his picture will be in the News paper.That prediction was confirmed because the reporter got a piece of mail that had a picture of the class saying "FRINDLE!".

chapter#10 I predict that Mrs.Granger will be mad at the reporter. that was confirmed because the reporter said that Mrs.Granger was the general of the Frindle war.

chapter#11 I predict that Nick will be famous. That was totally confirmed! He already is famus. With his pic in the paper, every one saying his word he is a star!

Well I have to read more of the book so good bye!

The principal goes over to Nick's house and talks to Nicks parents. Nick's mom saves the day.She does not see how making up a new word is a problem. The principal thinks about that for a little while. Then she talks for a little bit more with Nick's parents, and leaves. A while later a reporter comes to Nick's school. She wants to find out more about the word frindle. Everybody the reporter asks is a little bit annoyed.

I predict Nick will get on the news

I predict the word frindle will be put in the dictionaries.

I predict the word pen will be forgotten and it will be replaced by the word frindle.

If I were experiencing this change of words I would like it very much. It would be very interesting.

A news reporter just came to Nick's school. She interviewed the principle. The whole time the principle was fidgeting as the girl asked her question. The next day everybody new about the new word. I think it be ok to make a new word. I think Nick's teacher is overreacting because she mad that her students are playing. It's like if you are playing a game and someone walks up to you and says, " You made that game up you can't play it." I bet if I was a teacher I would be fine if kids made up a new word.

I think Nick has got himself in a bad position in the town Westfield. After Mrs.Granger had a talk with the Allens the family was thinking a lot about the situation in 5th grade (Frindle) . But it got worse because a reporter from the Westfield gazette came to Lincoln elementary to get some info on the Frindle argument between the kids and the teachers and she learn all about Mrs.granger and Nick Allen. She later got a brown envelope sent to the gazzete offices and it had a pitre of the fifth grade picture with everyone holding up a pen and everyones mouth puckered in the same way. Mrs. morgan then thought FRINDLE is what they are saying. Then she posted all the info on the gazzete and everyone in Westfield learned about Frindle and Nick Allen and Mrs.Granger.

Mrs.Chapman went to Nick's house and talked to his parents about Frindle. His Mom thought it was fine and his Dad didn't say anything. A newspaper reporter named Judy Morgan wants to know about Frindle. None of the teachers wanted to tell her about it but they did. She was walking back with the kids and talks with 1 of them. Later she finds out it was Nick. I predict that Frindle will be used a lot and it and Nick will be famous.

I think these chapters were funny because the news reporter was there and normally when news reporters come they mess with the story like the news reporter did. I think that he is trying to not stop using the word. I think that they will try and stop the news reporter from making more story's that are not true. I connect with how its scary to have some one to come to your house because once some one came to my house that I didn't know so I freaked out like nick.

I am on chapter 12 of Frindle. Nick has made the whole school start using his word frindle instead of the word pen. Mrs.Granger starts too get very mad so then she complains to Mrs.Chatham, the principal. So Mrs.Chatham go's to Nick's house to talk to Mr. and Mrs.Allen. The principal is trying very hard to prove her point but Nick's family is too good for her. I predict that Nick will keep trying to make a real word. I infer that whenever Nick has an idea he try's real hard to make it very big.