Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

by J teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: Frindle: Summary (01/27/11)
Description: Review your blog entries for all the chapters and write a summary / review for Frindle.

I just finished Frindle. I think there are a couple lessons in this book.

#1. Keep going no matter what!

#2. Try your hardest!

#3. Even when times are hard keep your head up and they will get better!

I liked this book because you never knew what was going to happen next! You would of never expected for Nick to go on T.V. or for Mrs. Granger to call herself the villain! I loved this book I would recommend this book to anybody that is creative!!!

Nick always makes fun in school. Like when he made a beach party or bird calls. But in 5th grade their is Mrs.Granger. She loves dictionaries. When Nick tries to stall her he has to make a report on where words came from. Nick does his report and only leaves 8 minutes left of class. While walking home with Janet, Nick and Janet play a game walking on the curb. Then Janet sees a pen later she drops it and Nick picks it up and calls it a Frindle. Then a club starts and they say they will always say Frindle instead of pen. At school they start using it. Mrs.Granger says once this stops she will give him a letter. Mrs.Chapman goes to Nick's house and talks to his parents about Frindle. His Mom thinks it's fine and his Dad doesn't have anything to say. A newspaper reporter named Judy Morgan wants to know about Frindle. None of the teachers want her there but they tell her what she wants to know. She is walking home with the kids that stayed late and talks to 1 of them about Nick. Later she found out it was Nick. A reporter named Alice came with CBS and interviewed people at Nick's school. Then she went to Nick's house. His parents didn't trust reporters. So they tapped on Nick's foot when he shouldn't answer a question and they would answer it for him. His Dad went to Bud the person who was making Frindle products. Bud said he wanted to own the word. Nick's Dad said he could and Bud gave him $2,250 for Nick's bank and Nick would get 30% of the sales. Ten years later Nick got a package from Mrs.Granger it had a dictionary, a letter and an envelope. The letter said to go to page 541 of the dictionary. The word Frindle was in it. Mrs.Granger also gave him a Frindle. Nick gave Mrs.Granger a trust fund for the students at the school to go to college. He gave her a Frindle too.

I just finished reading the last chapter in Frindle. I have learned that if you have a good idea, stick to it and don't give up. Nick Nick kept going and soon Frindle was famous and his name was under Frindle in the dictionary. I hope that lots of people will have good ideas and stick to them. Nick was smart and he didn't give up! Frindle was a good book that told people to be and stay who they are!

While reading the last chapters of Frindle I was wondering about the part when Nicks father's friend offers a deal. Part of the deal is that however much money the friend makes off of frindles Nick get 30% of it. The other part of the deal was that Nicks dad would have to give the friend permission to use the word frindle on the pens that he sells.

Now, I was wondering why the friend would be so generous to give Nick so much money. I was also wondering why only one of Nick's friends were shown in detail when he was said to have a lot of friends.That is the entire book of Frindle.

I have just finished reading the last chapters in frindle. I learned that if you have an idea and if you want people to know about it you have to stick with your idea and don't give up on it. Even if your idea doesn't work out well, at least you know you tried. Just like in the book, Nick stuck to his plan to make pens into frindle's and soon his word got around town and then it got almost all the way around the world! And soon Nick stopped trying so hard and then he just kind of let the word flow and then it just got easy on him. I had a great experience reading this book.

Frindle is about a boy making the word frindle which means pen. It all starts off when Nick goes to 5th grade. Then he wants to have no home work so then he asks how do the words get from dictionary to dictionary. Then he does a report about how words get from dictionary to dictionary. Then he does his presentation. After the presentation he made up the word frindle. The word got used a lot so then this guy wanted to buy the word. He bought it and nick gets 30% of the money he makes. Nick grows up and then see's his word in the dictionary. He made a trust fun for ms.Granger his 5th grade teacher and thats the end!

In chapter 14 through 15 Nick at his High school graduation ceremony gets a gift ,dictionary that had Frindle in it, Mrs. grangers favorite old pen and a note that had nicks name on it with the date 1986 and at the time it was 1996 Nick quickly recognized it was the envelope, the exact one that Mrs. granger had him sighn in fifth grade. Mrs. granger told him in fifth grade he can never open it until the frindle business was gone and 10 years later Mrs. Granger had to realize that it will never be over. I really think that Mrs. Graner was a great teacher in the end and taught nick a lesson that there will usually be a demon in every big thing in in 5th grade for Nick that was Mrs. Granger. The summary is :There was this boy named Nick allen and had a history of thinking of good time wasting throughout his years of grade school it didn't work in 5th grade vs. Mrs. Granger. Although in the process of one of his time wasters failing he had to give a oral report about dictionaries as his punishment and learned the only reasons that the words in the dictionary are words our because that's what we called them. Nick then hatched an Idea. He thought well in that case I can make a word of my own and get people to say it. So he came up with Frindle replaces pen P.E.N instead F.R.I.N.D.L.E. That word got spread around but Mrs. Granger didn't approve of it so she came up with punishments that attracted several news reporters all the way throughout the book. Rumors started and lots of reporters and teachers and tv shows Nick was then in them and he became a westfield celebrity and It became a nationwide word. Although years went by and everything was the ame except for 1 icy its thing and that was everyone spelled the word pen wrong on the spelling test because they spelled it frindle. Nick later received a gift on his high school graduation it was a dictionary that had the word frindle in it Mrs. Grangers old favorite fountain pen and a envolope that Nick had to sighn when he was in 5th grade and he had to write the date but Mrs. Granger said not to open until this frindle business was done and at the time 1996 it wasn't because it became second nature and pen was like just a feather floating in the air. The date on the envelope was 1986 and it had a message about how glad Mrs. Granger will be one day if Frindle becomes a word sighned mrs. granger. One Christmas morning Mrs. Granger got a not that said dear, mrs. Granger you are my favorite teacher sighned one of your students but just then she opeed a presents of one million dollars to loreiel Granger fun sighned Nick Allen and The end.

Nick's Dad is just signed a paper that let's Nick get 30% of the money that a man who sells frindle products makes. I think Nick's Dad is really mean because he saves it for collage then let's Nick have the money until collage.  When Nick does get in collage he is rich.  I'd be so exited I probably would be exited for a whole week.  At the end Nick got a letter his teacher would give him when the frindle stuff was over. Nick didn't get the letter until collage. When he saw it he was so exited. If I saw it I would tear the paper right off, he did'n see the letter since 5th grade. He did and it say'd that frindle was added to the dictionary.  I would be so exited to have my own word in the dictionary. Well that's how everything went by. 

Hi there, this is my last Frindle blog post! So like always, here is the prediction and this time a twist, the summery! So here it goes!

chapter#15 I predict that Nick will write a note to Mrs.Granger. that prediction was confirmed! Nick did write a note to Mrs.Granger. ( after 10 years from 5th grade.)

SUMMERY

The book frindle is a book about a boy named Nick Allen. Some people think he is a trouble maker, but others call him a life saver. Fore allot of reasons, for stopping the teacher from assigning homework, delaying a boring lesson,ect ect ect. But when he gets into 5th grade and he's English teacher, Mrs.Granger puts a stop to Nick's so called trouble "making" He thinks of a really big plan.

I would recommend this book to others and the rest of the books that Andrew Clements wrote.

Today I finished the book Frindle. I think this is a really good book. I would rate it four thumbs up. It really made me think of what was going to happen next. I think that if you can read you should read this book.

I have finished the book Frindle. It is about a boy named Nick. Nick is very original. He is original because he always has ideas and try's to make the idea become something big. In this book his idea is to stop saying "pen" and instead say "Frindle".But Mrs. Granger, a mean english teacher with hawk like eyes, try's to stop him by, for example, sending the principal to Nick's house to talk to his parents and to give detention to whoever uses the word. Bad for her though Nick and his friends fight back. Once Nick goes to college he gets a package from Mrs. Granger that has a dictionary and a note. Nick opens the dictionary and right there is his word that he made up when he was in fifth grade, Frindle. I recommend this book for people who like books that have a lot of detail and also are funny.

I am writing a summary on the book frindle. In the book Nick a smart little boy who is always up to tricks. But when he gets into fifth grade he has met his match Ms.Granger. He comes up with an idea because Ms.Granger really likes the dictionary he asked her a question. In the end it turned out to be an oral repot. (extra homework) Then when Nick is walking home and comes up with an idea. He makes his own word and once it becomes very popular he becomes rich and if you want to read the rest of the story I think you should. It's a good one. (Thats why I left you hanging) I thought this was a good book because it had some funny parts some interesting parts etc. what I'm saying is that it has a lot of things someone likes except sports. I don't really know why but I think Andrew Clemants is a great author.

:)

THE JOURNEY 04/25/11
Vocab Story 03/25/11
weakly review 02/17/11
01/21/11
Strangers!!!!!!!!!!! 01/21/11
subject 01/14/11
Books 01/04/11
01/03/11
Winter Breake 01/03/11
Its Just the begining of a new stoy! 12/13/10