Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

by J teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: Lit. Circle Book (01/25/11)
Description: Students finished reading their lit. circle book. They either read Escaping the Giant Wave or Earthquake Terror both by Peggy Kehret. They did a great job sharing and discussing the book. Here are some of their responses.

I have just finished the book Escaping The Giant Wave it's about a family a boy named Kyle ad a girl named Beebee who's dad won an accolade at his job and his job is paying for a trip to Oregon and a dinner on the boat elegant express but a tsunami gets in the way the boat was too far out at sea to get capsized but Kyle and Beebee are stuck at the hotel that's on fire and it's up to them to stay safe in the tsunami they do survive and there parents do to but Kyle reached his summer goals because his allowance was raised and he stood up to a bully : Daren who's life was saved in the tsunami by Kyle but Daren still did not appreciate him. I like the book because every sentence was thought provoking and I like those books.

In my reading group we just finished a book called Escaping The Giant Wave.It was a story about a brother and sister and the brother is looking after the sister.Oh did I mention that they are on vacation. I can't tell you any more because that would spoil the story. When the parents left to go to there cruse there was an earthquake. I can't tell you any more because that would spoil the story so I decided to tell you about what I thought about the book. I thought it was a spectacular because it was very descriptive.

I read a book called The Giant Wave. I was in a group. It was about a family that goes on a trip to Oregon and a wave hits while the parents are on a cruise. The cruise is called the Elegant Empress and they went on it because the dad won employe of the year. The kids had to stay at the hotel. The kids named Kyle and BeeBee went through a fire, earthquake, and 2 tsunamis. But, during the tsunami they found two adults that told them what to do during a tsunami and helped them get through the first one. One of them got lost and was never found again. Then, when they got back to the beach they got food and found their parents on the Elegant Empress. That was definitely a good book. I liked it because you never knew what was going to happen next. So it was like a mystery and I like mysteries because anything can happen. I hope that you will read the book too!!!

I was reading Escape the Giant Wave In class with a group. It was about two kids named Kyle and Beebee and who went to Oregon because there dad had won the best sells man award. It turns out that Daren( Kyle's worst enemy) parents worked with Kyle and beebee's parents. They stay in the same hotel and then a earthquake happen and Daren is Un conches and even though Kyle does not like Daren he still saves him. It was a really good book. You should read the book it is very interesting.

I really liked the book Escaping The Giant Wave. You are always wondering what is going to happen. Imagine being by yourself during natural disasters. It is about a boy named Kyle. He has a younger sister named BeeBee. Going on a trip sound fun until they get there. The very night when Kyle and BeeBee's parents go on cruise for the evening is when an earthquake hits followed by a tsunami. What on earth are they going to do? Read and find out!

In class in a group I read a book called The Giant wave. It was a very good book. It was about a family that went on a vacation to Oregon. They were their because the Mom and Dad had to go on a cruise called the Elegant Empress and Kyle (the oldest) has to babysit his little sister BeeBee. BeeBee and Kyle get in a lot of trouble. They get caught in an earthquake and two tsunamis! The second tsunami was the hardest because they knew it was going to be almost two times bigger than the first one so they had to climb even farther inland. Their feet where already beat up enough from their first trip, so they were really tired. They finally had to stop so they hugged an oak tree till the tsunami hit. When the second tsunami hit it went all the way up to their ankles! And they were already so high from the beach so it was crazy! After the tsunamis were over they finally went back down and found their parents and everything was ok again. YIPPIE!

I just finished reading Escape The Wave in alit circle group with Cara, John, Kevin and Colleen. The book was about a teenager named Kyle going to Oregon with his parents and little sister. He just started babysitting BeeBee, his little sister! So when they go on vacation Kyle has to babysit BeeBee. When they got to the beach they saw a sign about a Tsunami saying if there is an Earthquake you should go up hill so you can't get hit by the wave. The night that Kyle had to babysit BeeBee an Earthquake hit. When the earthquake hit it started a fire. So BeeBee and Kyle had to escape the fire once. Once they got out of the fire they started uphill because of the tsunami. On the way uphill they met a couple and went uphill with them. They saw the first wave hit and it was really high so they decided to go up higher for the 2 wave but the couple couldn't go up any higher so Kyle and BeeBee had to go by themselves! When the 2 wave came they hid behind a tree and the wave hit there feet but didn't take them away but finally after that they were reunited with here parents=http://!! I really liked this book!!!

Giant Wave crashes on beach!Some survivors. The book Giant Wave is about Kyle the 11 year old brother and Beebee the 8 year old little sister. They got stuck in a earth quake at a hotel when the parents were gone on a cruise. Then a fire happened at the hotel they evacuated the hotel. Then a tsunami hit. Im not gonna spoil the book. It was a great book. I would rate it a 6 out of 5 stars! It wasnt a long book. I hope you will like the book if you read it! Buh-Bye

THE JOURNEY 04/25/11
Vocab Story 03/25/11
weakly review 02/17/11
01/21/11
Strangers!!!!!!!!!!! 01/21/11
subject 01/14/11
Books 01/04/11
01/03/11
Winter Breake 01/03/11
Its Just the begining of a new stoy! 12/13/10