Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

2010-2011

by J

teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: Holiday Writing (01/10/11)
Description: Our class wrote some expository stories about their favorite holidays. Some students chose winter holidays, while others chose summer and fall holidays. Read our stories (which can be found by clicking the link to the left) and let us know if you agree with their choices :)

Our class wrote some expository stories about their favorite holidays. Some students chose winter holidays, while others chose summer and fall holidays. Read our stories (which can be found by clicking the link to the left) and let us know if you agree with their choices :)

Christmas is my favorite holiday. Our tree always looks great decorated and even better with presents underneath. Presents on Christmas day are worth waiting a whole year for. It’s especially fun opening them.

I like opening christmas presents and making piles of wrapping paper. We like crumpling up the wrapping paper to make big piles for jumping in and making forts. I like doing that because it’s like jumping on pillows and it comforts your fall. I unwrap by first chipping off the tape on the gifts and then tearing open the wrapping paper. No one really goes first. My brothers and I get the signal to go when our mom has her video tape. That is why I love opening presents of any size on Christmas day.

I love getting my christmas tree each year, because I love decorating the tree. My brothers and I like making decorations like cutting out snowflakes or trees. We get a new real one every christmas from my grandparents as most of our gift from our grandparents. When my brothers and I make ornaments half the time it’s stuff we make at school christmas themed activities or at our house. Some of my favorite ornaments I have gotten are: my Santa ornament in a football uniform and my purple Northwestern university ball. Those are my favorite ornaments I have gotten. Last but not least I love putting the ornaments on my tree with my family.

Thats my Christmas...... presents here I come

Boom! ”Whoa, fireworks so early?” I forgot its the Forth Of July. That must mean the parade is starting.

I love going to the parade because my cousins from China com to see it. I like them a lot because they are so fun and including.Our favorite part of the parade is when these two men come over with gigantic guns and shoot,it is very loud and smells terrible.Then they throw candy up,up into the air.I always try my hardest to catch them then I give a good portion of them to my little brothers.I do this because most of the candy gets snatched by the older kids.Afterwards we go and hang out at my grandparents house where my cousins stay while they are here.If it is hot we eat what seams like thousands of ice cubes.Then we play our all time favorite game Tickle Bug.In this game we have a home base(our grandparents ginormous closet)and the grownups are it.They will chase us,If they catch one of us they will tickle that person until we are saved.To

save someone you have to crawl in between the taggers legs.The rules are

that when you are the person tickling one of us kids,you must spread your legs apart.The other rule is that the kids are safe from the grownups when in the home base.After everyone begins to remember Tickle Bug we start to

play.

The next thing we do is go to my house to see my dad’s friend from

across the streets fireworks.They are so fun to watch because some of them form shapes which to me, are very cool.I also like the variety of colors

they choose each year. Afterward my cousins sleep over,but we never get much of the sleeping part done.”Come on Colleen its time to watch a movie on the mini DVD player!” “Coming.” Sorry got to go,bye.

“TRICK OR TREAT!” Those are the trick or treaters! Watch out, their scary! Halloween, oh how I love it, the friends, the costumes and parties. Nothing can be better.

On Halloween I get to be a different person because I get to dress up. I make sure I get something different and comfortable. If I get something uncomfortable I will trip over it or only focus on making it comfortable than going trick or treating. I also want it to be new and exciting. To pick out my costume first I look through a Halloween catalog and pick something that I want to be. I chose it by thinking of what I’m into. Then I go to a store, look for it, and make sure it’s perfect. Sometimes I will add things to make it even CRAZIER!!! I will put on make up or get accessories to add to it. After I pick my costume I’m ready! Candy, friends and decorations, here I come! I’ve got the perfect costume and now my taste buds are bouncing around in my mouth. It’s time to go trick or treating. Candy it waiting for me, and I’m ready to go. When I walk outside I see people in costumes everywhere. After two hours of trick or treating I eat lots of candy, just like everyone else.

Another reason why I like Halloween it that our school has a big party. It starts in the afternoon and ends at the end of the school day. There are so many fun things to do. Normally there are 3 to 4 parents to come and help. We have 3 stations. One is a craft, and is decorating treats, and the last is a game. Every year the craft is different. This year we cut and decorated foam and made it into monsters. Then we get to decorate and eat cupcakes, cookies or other yummy treats. We use icing, candy, and other sweets. The last station is a game. The game is also always different. Some years we play a guessing game, and other times we toss candy. Sometimes we get a prize if we win the game. If we have extra time we will freeze dance to Halloween music. It is super fun.

“Trick or teat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat” Oh, sorry, I was just singing to my friend. Well, Halloween is over! See you next October 31st!!!

Christmas                     

“Vroom!” Here we go to our grandparents house. I like to play in the snow there and see my cousins. Christmas is my favorite holiday!

The first reason christmas is my favorite holiday is because of the snow. Sometimes my friends and I go outside and sled/snowboard down big and small hills. I’m good at snowboarding and I like it a lot. My brother and my sister and I usually go back behind the library and sled/snowboard. Snowball fights are fun to play in winter because it doesn’t hurt when snowballs hit you. Also in snowball fights, you can build snow forts to protect yourself from snowballs.

The second reason christmas is my favorite holiday is because I see my cousins. Almost every year we go to our grandparents house, at our grandparents house we see our cousins. We see Jake (I think about 18 years old) Kathren (About 15) uncle Matt and ant Juliet. We also see Ben (I think 9). We do lots of things together like playing in the snow, building legos, and playing on their DS’s. 

Christmas is my all time favorite holiday!    

For some reason 4 leave clovers are lucky. I think they are lucky because they are rare. All other clovers have three leaves. They are weird because they are nothing like the others, and it’s hard to find them. St. Patricks day is lucky for me because it just makes me happy! On St. Patrick's day I die my hair green because it is really different when people see me they stare at me, its fun to be really different for one big day of the year! Once I found a four leave clover in florida. I felt really lucky, after a while of looking at it and admiring it I lost it and I didn’t feel as lucky. ); And guess what i’m not even irish! I guess I just like being lucky!!

Christmas

Beep beep beep those are the mashed potatoes in the oven. We are bringing them to my cousins house for Christmas. I also like it because we get to cut down my Christmas tree.

I like going to my cousins house because we play hide and seek or we spy on the older cousin. Then the parents call us for dinner on the way down we have a race and we smell the food. We pray before we eat and then we eat we usually have really good food. After we eat we usually watch a movie or play Wii and that is one reason I like christmas.

I also like christmas because I get to cut down my Christmas tree with my best friend. We usually go really far in the tree forest it takes us about one hour. We always pick a fat tree when we are done picking we cut it down our selves. We have hot coco and donuts we have a snow ball fight on the way out.that is another reason I like Christmas.

I like Christmas because I get to spend time with my family and cut down my Christmas tree.

Whoosh whosh. I hear the flag move from the air. The flag is high in the sky. It’s the fourth of July here. I feel like wearing red, white and blue.

Every year we go to a party for the fourth of July. There are a lot of games. Like water balloons fights, Volley ball games and jumping in the bouncy house. There’s also a lot of food. But my favorite thing is the pinyada. It’s usually a horse pinyada. The only bad thing is that we haft to let the little Kids go first so they get a turn. They’re not as strong as the big kids. Sometimes my Brother hits the pinyada down. When the piniata flies down. Candy go everywhere. There candy are all different. Like Butterfingers, Nerds and Reeses. I get a lot becauseI always charge in to get the candy. I eat it and it tastes so good. My sister some times gets the head of the pinyada.

Then we wait till it is night. The fireworks are coming. The band plays till the fireworks. The I hear a rocket in the air. Srrrrr Boom. It’s so loud. But then I get over it. It looks awesome. All the colors are so cool. Red, Blue, green and orange. Some are two colors. Ash falls to the ground when the fireworks fade away. Then It’s the grand finally. Like five fireworks go at the same time. It is amazing. The colors and sounds. I always wonder, How much money is this firework show? Probably more money than I have.

So many colors. Red, orange and green. Boom, Boom, BBOOOOOOOOM! It’s over. Yah, clap, yah. The crowd is clapping. That was so good. We want to see it again.

The Fourth of July is the best. I’m sure after reading this you won’t miss your towns fireworks and parade.

O Christmas tree O Christmas tree I have that song stuck in my head but I don’t care because it’s Christmas and I’m glad because Christmas is my favorite holiday. I like it because I like to see my family and I like to go sledding.

Every year on Christmas we drive down to Iowa to see my Grandparents. Some of my cousins also live in Iowa along with my aunt and Uncle. They always come over to celebrate. We always sit down in my Grandparents family room and hand out presents. Last year my mom and all her brothers and sisters( my aunts and uncles) got my Grandpa a new computer. ( His old one was too old. It didn’t work very well.) It always feels so great to hand out presents. I don’t know about you but when I hand out presents it feels good to know someone will have fun. It’s also nice to receive presents. After we eat we sing Christmas songs. We sing stuff like We Wish You a Merry Christmas, and Santa Clau

s is Coming to Town and other songs.I think Christmas is so festive and fun.Singing Christmas carols is fun because it gets you into the Christmas spirit. Being inside is good but outside there is snow and sledding.

I also love to sled. My Grandma and Grandpa live on a hill so whenever we go there on Christmas we go out of the house, walk through the woods that are behind their house and we come to the edge of the hill. We set up our sleds and then whoosh, we sled down the hill.It’s so fun! You sometimes are better off sledding with someone older than you they just might pull the sled up for you. Then you don’t have to get so tired and you have more energy to sled. My mom sometimes takes pictures of us and when we look back at the pictures we look so funny. Some of the pictures are of us falling off the sled, laying in the snow, sledding down the hill and our sled leaping in the air because we we went over a bump.

We always have such a magical Christmas, between the sledding, family time and snow falling on our faces Christmas is great. Whatever holiday you celebrate I hope it’s as wonderful as mine.

Christmas

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas, every where we go! Oh, I just love Christmas for two reasons, snow and christmas eve dinner!

I like christmas for because of snow! To me I always think,” whats christmas without snow!” Well it would just be boring! I just love playing in the snow, I love building snow forts with my mom. Once I’m done playing in the snow I love coming inside to the warm toasty house to get warmed up and when I’m done getting warmed up I go outside to play again! Also when it’s snowy outside I LOVE going to my old preschool called mustard seed, because when it’s snowy out the snow plows come and they push all the snow off the parking lot theirs a huge mound of snow! It’s really close to my house so I always bring a friend so we can build something really cool like a house or something. I love the felling when snow falls on your face.

I also love christmas because of my family’s christmas eve dinner. The reason why our christmas eve dinner is so awesome is because normally my parents have crab legs and my brother sister and I usually have turkey or something but last year I tried crab legs a I fell in love! It’s so good especially when you dip it in warm butter! The smell is like a freshly baked batch of chocolate chip cookies it’s the same warm feeling of chocolate chip cookies. You just want to dive into them. And I love how we get to sit down as a family on Christmas eve because some people don’t get to. I love my christmas eve dinner an I hope you like yours too!

Oh I see the snow falling! I have to go. Mustard seed here I come!

Leyton’s Christmas

Ding Dong Ding Dong. We are ringing the doorbell to Nanagran’s house. I like Christmas, two of the reasons are I play cootie and go bowling. Those are two of the reasons I like Christmas.

At Nanagran’s house like to play cootie with Nanagran. There is a board and parts of bugs. Each part has a number 1-6. First you roll a die. Whatever number you roll that’s the piece you get. 1 is the body, 2 is the head, 3 is the ears, 4 is the eyes, 5 is the mouth and 6 are the 6 legs.

When I go to Kansas I sometimes go bowling in Hays. Sometimes we do crazy bowling. 1 time I saw a person bowl into the other lane. When we are crazy bowling we sometimes go backward. It is fun bowling!

Those are some of the reasons why I like Christmas. I play Cootie and go bowling. I like Christmas!

Christmas

“Ding Dong” The carolers are here! I love Christmas. I love finding finding the pickle. Finding the pickle is always fun. Then the presents come next.

I think that Christmas is not complete with out a pickle. It is a tradition for my family to hide a pickle ornament and have the others find it. I don’t know when this tradition started but I am glad it did. Normally my mom hides the pickle and my cousins Jackson, Maya, Cecelia, My sister Abby, and I find it. One year my sister and I hid the pickle and the parents had to find it. the winner was my Aunt Jessica. Then when they where done finding it they hid it for us. I found the pickle. My prize was a stuffed animal shaped like a raccoon! Now my mom says that it reminds her of the elf movie where he says “some one needs a hug!”.

I like the presents because you don’t know what they are getting you and they don’t know what you are going to get them. And its not like you have X-ray vision so it is a surprise. The surprise of opening the present to see what it is, i my favorite.When you open the presents you feel so lucky that you have family that love you enough to spend there money to get you that one thing.

Christmas is the best time of year. Presents here I come!

Christmas!!!

It’s Christmas time. The best time of the year! I can’t wait to visit my grandparents house.

For Christmas we always go to my grandparents house. When we arrive we say hi to our grandma and grandpa then go to their office in the back of the house. In the office we go on the computer to a website called SantaTracker.com that shows where santa is and where he has been. If you click on the present that marks where he has been sometimes they will have a realistic animation video of him in Egypt for example and the computer will tell you in the video that he is in “Egypt”. I am always so excited when santa gets near North America because that means he’ll be here soon. Then we minimize the website and go back into the kitchen.

For dinner we always have really good food. I eat as much as I can until I am stuffed. Dessert is even better. My grandma makes lots of little sweets. But my favorites are her lemon bars I could eat them all! When your take the first lemony bite your taste buds start to tingle and you feel like you could eat the lemon bars all day.

Finally after we check the computer once more and everyone is done with their dinner it’s time for the best part, the presents! When we open our presents we take turns wearing the santa hat, while we rip open the smooth wrapping paper off the present. We wear the santa hat every year because we always feel happy when we see someone

Woosh I just saw a snowball fly past my face, we always have snowball fights on Hanukkah so it must be Hanukkah.

When my cousins come over we always have snowball fights. Sometimes the adults will come outside and play. We’ll also will build forts snowman and big snowballs. We’ll go down the slide and i’ll be so slippery and fast that we’ll go flying off the slide. Sometimes I’ll hide and my cousins will try and find me and I’ll jump out and scare them. Then we’ll all take turns hiding. Eventually one us will hide inside and we’ll play inside for the rest of the day.

When were inside we’ll have a cup of hot coca to warm us up. Then we light the candles the candles always burn for ever. We’ll blow at the candles and they never go out because we don’t blow that hard. Then we always talk about how chestnuts roasting on an open fire is a winter song not christmas song, but my cousin always argues that it is. I like talking about that because no one thinks they are they are winter song but they are. Then my cousin complains that it’s a Christmas song then I tell her it’s important for people to know that it is a winter song then everyone goes home.

:( Well by I can’t talk now because I’m decorating for new years by. :)

I love Halloween. On halloween you get candy and everyone can participate.

I also like halloween because it’s not just for one religion. You can be Christian , Jutish, or Hebrew. Any religion. So I can hangout with all my friends on mater what. It would be boring without my friends. The thing that makes halloween great is being with friends. That is if there not sick or out of town.

I love candy. It’s tasty. It’s like heaven on earth. My favorite is the full size Snickers bar. I love the chocolate over peanuts and the carmel on the bottom. Another good thing about getting candy is that you can trade with your friends. Well if you have a piece of candy you don’t like, one of your friends might like that and you can get something that you like.

I LOVE CANDY, because it tastes like heaven on earth.

Christmas!!

Christmas is awesome!!! I love the decorations and the SNOW!

We put lights on a pole that holds up our house. Green and Red lights go there!!! We also put lights on our tree. The lights on the tree light up the whole room, giving it a Christmas glow! My dad hates putting up the lights because he is allergic to the tree!!! But luckily he can survive Christmas because he stays as far away from the tree as possible. The ornaments are super cool! I think, “What is a tree without ornaments?” The ornaments are like a spice, they make the tree more colorful, and creative! My mom sits on the ground unwrapping the ornaments from their package while my dad puts them up high because we can’t reach up that high and Ryan, Charlotte, and I run and put them down low!

I also love Christmas because of the SNOW! Every year my dad, Ryan, and I make a snow fort in our backyard. We have blocks that make snowblocks. The snowblocks are green and they are rectangles they also have a handle so you can hold it. Ryan and I put the snowblocks on the fort while my dad makes the blocks! After we make a snowfort. The fort is usually the size of a tree house!!!( Not the height) We make a snowman. First we make one in our yard and then we move on to our neighbors house and they usually give toffee!!!

I love christmas, everyones mood seems to lighten up! Christmas is awesome=http://!!!!

I love Thanksgiving .Because of family and food. I love my family’s because they are always willing to come.

“Knock Knock Knock” Family’s here!

I love to be with family because there funny. We like to joke around.We joke like “Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?” “Because he was dead.”Also we talk about stuff like stuff on the news and stuff like that.

“Tick Tick... DING!” That’s the turkey. I love the turkey. It smells like chicken but juicier. MMM... Mashed potatoes the sweet aroma of butter and potatoes. Time for π (pie). Mmm... Apple pie. It tastes like apples dipped in sugar. Ksszk... Whipped cream in my mouth tastes so good like ice cream.

“MMmm... I’m stuffed.” I love Thanksgiving=http://=http://=http://=http://!!