Copyright (c) 2014 by G Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
G -- Blogmeister

2010-2011

by G

teacher: Mr. Edwards

We read a story called Our New Life In America. We were reading about the immigration of the Mark's family. They were from Russia. There ware five of them. They from the pale of settelment.c A very bad place. They hired a guide to sneak them out. Once they got on board the ship it was misery. One of them got a disease. Once they docked on Ellis Island They all made it past inspection. Once they got to the main land they rented a small tenament. They all worked very hard. In The end they all got good jobs and lived happily ever after.

I went skiing in Seatle at a place called snowqualmi where I went down some really steep hills. I also went to the museum of flight where I went in a simulator for steering a plane and another person controles the guns. I got a dog tag that says "GEORGE F GIBBY CAPTAIN" with a picture of a plane called hte Blackbird and I got a flatened penny of the Lightnig. I also went to a place called Pike Place Market it is 104 years old and at it I got to learn a magic trick and got a flatened penny of the space needle which I want to later and got a flatened quarter of it. And the last thing I did was go to the Seatle Aquarium.

Once I was venturing in the woods when suddenly I lost my favorite possession. It was my favorite dictionary. I could scarcely sleep without knowing it was there. I would scrutinize it for words and it would elucidate them for me. It was a very keen dictionary. The one’s I liked were not very plentiful. (rare) When I got home my mom was hiding something. What’s this? You got me another dictionary? Better than mine? Thanks!!

I have just been reading the book: The Fast Lane by J.E. Bright. In the book there are two racing teams. Team Fastex and Team Rexcor. Team Rexcor is a dirty team and one of their members was Lyle Owens. He use to work for Fastex but he was actually spying on them for Rexcor to find any weaknesses so they could win the race more easily. Now Fastex, the guy who owned Fastex (Jack Fassler) got a loan from Enormobank but when he came back there someone els had bought it. It was Rexcor. Now Jack built this new track because he and his daughter, Megan Fassler designed a new kind of racer. They called them the Unlimited series. They had all kinds of cool things. Here are the things I remember. A rescue racer (with a grappling hook if they need it) for if they crash and turbo booster (with wings if they need it). All in All I liked the book very much. It had lots of excitement in it. I would recommend this book to people who like excitement and did I mention close calls?

Today Ginger Zee, a meteorologist from N.B.C. 5. She came in and talked about how she got to where she is today. Other thing's she talked talked about the technology they use like radars, what thing's were like barometers and how tornado's are formed, and a lot of other thing's like the green screen. My dad told me that they look at them selves on T.V. so they know what there doing.

I am writing a summary on the book frindle. In the book Nick a smart little boy who is always up to tricks. But when he gets into fifth grade he has met his match Ms.Granger. He comes up with an idea because Ms.Granger really likes the dictionary he asked her a question. In the end it turned out to be an oral repot. (extra homework) Then when Nick is walking home and comes up with an idea. He makes his own word and once it becomes very popular he becomes rich and if you want to read the rest of the story I think you should. It's a good one. (Thats why I left you hanging) I thought this was a good book because it had some funny parts some interesting parts etc. what I'm saying is that it has a lot of things someone likes except sports. I don't really know why but I think Andrew Clemants is a great author.

:)

This week in math we did order of operations. When doing order of operations you do multiplication and division first then addition and subtraction second and don't forget that if you have more than one division or multiplication or addition or subtraction sentence do it left to right. In the historical part of school we were doing explorers. Specifically the english trip to Jamestown, Virginia. It was rather interesting. We were doing a volleyball session in Physical education. Otherwise it was just mostly one day stuff.

Thats just about it and just about the end.

To make a comment first you type in your name in the first box then if you have an e-mail address type it in the second box then if you have a blog copy and past the address in the third box that says URL. Then as always type your comment in the BIG box and then type exactly what you see in the last box. If you have any questions leave a comment to me with someone who knows how to.

I have been reading a book called Matilda by Roald Dahl. In the book Matilda (the main character) has very mean parents and her father is a crook. He takes old used cars fills the engines with sawdust which makes them run well for a while gives them a new coat of paint and runs down the dial of how many miles it has driven so it looks new. Matilda is very smart, she toughed herself to read and write which led up to her being very smart. Her teacher, Miss. Honey noticed it and tried to move her up to a heir grade with the Head mistresses permission BUT the head mistress(Ms.Trunchbull) heard lies from her father that she was a brat. Later in the book The Trunchbull,(thats what they call her) came in. They soon they found out the Trunchbull was a wicked person. She was very strong because she won the gold meddle in throwing the hammer in the olympics. (Not really) She HATED children. she had this giant cubed filled with glass shards and nails in it so you had to stand perfectly straight. She threw children out the window. Those were the most common punishments. If you want to know what the rest of the story is about read it yourself. Leave me a comment about it. 

I have been reading a book about motorcycles called Super Bikes. My top three facts that I found most interesting were... The first motorized bicycle was built in 1869 by the Michaux brothers. Robbie Knievel's world record jump over the Grand Canyon suffering two broken ribs and a sprained ankle. The las fact is the biggest Harley Davidson motorbike which weighed about 5 tons 46 feet long and 28 feet high. If you want to find out more read it yourself and tell me your top three in a comment!