Copyright (c) 2014 by G Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
G -- Blogmeister

2010-2011

by G

teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: Frindle Chapter 1-4 (01/26/11)
Description: Reflect on chapters on through four (Nick, Mrs Granger, The Question, and Word Detective). What predictions or inferences did you make? Why? Did you have any questions or connections? Share your thinking.

The way I see it so far in the book is that Nick allen got through 4th grade easy by asking dumb question to get the teacher thinking about stuff off topic and that led to no Homework. But his old jokes or stunts don't work on the the teacher with the eyes of a hawk Mrs. Granger.

My class is reading a book called Frindle. Frindle is a story about a boy, his name is Nick.He is in middle school at Lincoln Elementary and he wasn't exactly the best or the worst kid in class he was the one who gave birth to a the "new" word.He decided to change the word pen,it drove the teachers crazy.

I thought that the part of the book that I read was very funny because the teachers had on clue what was going on.It was also funny because everyone loved the fact that the word was geting noticed more and more.

I would tell you the whole story but that would ruin it if you read Frindle,so I won't tell you the rest. Have fun reading!

I'm reading the book Frindle. Right now Nick has to do a essay on where do words come from. It's the first day of school, and Nick already got lots of homework from Mrs. Granger. I think that Nick might not do the essay and come up with a excuse. Nick isn't used to this because he doesn't know how hard 5th grade is. In 3rd grade he hardly got any. Also, I know that he will get 10 times more homework throughout the year because it's only the first day and he already has lots of homework. I can't wait to read more and see what happens next! :)

Frindle so far is very very funny. I like it mostly because of Nick. He basically makes a joke out of everything, in a good way which is funny. But that sometimes can be bad. I haven't got ''THAT CLOSE TO THE END'' so he could change. I have to be honest I kind of don't want him to. And after he changes the word pen into frindle it seems like it will never change back. I don't know what the big deal is I mean it's not like it is hurting anybody, it's just a word. It's just like saying hfdfgsfji means banana. Why can't the teachers stop making a big deal out of it. If the teachers wan't to win this so called "war"so bad all they need to do is just use the word normally and then the kids will have nothing to fight about and this whole thing will all be over.

I am reading the book Frindle. I like Nicks creativity. The author was really creative and descriptive. I cant wait to see what nick does in Mrs. Granger class I cant wait to read more.

I am reading the book Frindle. It is a really good book. I am blogging about chapters 1-4. It is about a kid named Nick. He is starting 5th grade. Usually he knows how to distract the teacher. Ask he/she a question and they will forget about giving homework. But when he tries it on Mrs. Granger she gives him MORE homework instead of no homework at all.

I predict Mrs. Granger will not like Nick's report.

I predict Nick will like Mrs. Granger by the end of the book.

I infer Mrs Granger really likes to learn.

I am reading the book Frindle. Right now Nick is finding out about the fifth grade language art teacher. He knows he has to do an essay on where did the english words come from? I think either Nick is gonna try to get out of doing the test or I think he might fail it. Mrs.Granger thinks every student should have a dictionary in their house or they won't be a proper student. But I'm thinking what if you don't have a dictionary?! Will she kick you out of the class or something? Oh, ya did I tell you Mrs. Granger is obsessed with dictionaries! She has a dictionary so big that two kids had to carry it! It's the first day of school for nick and he's really nerves but I don't think he is because the first thing he says to Mrs. Granger is why do you have so many dictionaries it's kind of weird. All of the kids in his class laugh but I almost think it's rude. I think Nick will have a good time and make Mrs. Granger go crazy at the same time.

Nick always makes fun like when he made a beach party or bird calls. But in 5th grade there is Mrs.Granger. She loves dictionaries. When Nick tries to stall her he has to make a report on where words came from. I think Nick might make a silly report with the good information because he said he would make it fun.

Hi there, I read the book frindle chapters 1-4. Here are my 5 predictions. I will also reflect on my predictions.

Chapter #1 I predict that there will be a problem on the first day of school for Nick.

Well, that perdition was Confirmed AND Rejected. 'Cause he made a a little delay in the home work part but other than that he had a great day.

Chapter #2 I predict that Nick will get Mrs. Granger for 5th grade.

That was Confirmed. Nick did get Mrs.Granger for 5th grade.

Chapter #3 I predict that in fifth grade Nick will think of the word Frindle. Well that wasn't Confirmed OR Rejected ( Not yet though,).

Chapter#4 I predict that Nick will have a hard time doing his project. Well I haven't gotten to a part where it talks about him doing his project yet, so I can't answer that yet!

Chapter#5 I predict that the projects report will not go well. I haven read it yet so in my next article, " Frindle chapters # 5-8" you will find out!

I am reading the book Frindle. Frindle is about a boy named Nick who has a lot of ideas. One day Nick is walking down the street with his friend Janet Fisk and she sees a gold ballpoint pen. Nick then has an idea. While he is thinking he bumps into Janet then picks up her pen she dropped and said,"Sorry heres your Frindle." So now he got some of his friends together to promise that they will always call a pen Frindle. That is how far I have got. I predict that Nick will make the whole school go along with him. I also predict that even the teachers will say Frindle.

I'm reading Frindle. Friendle about a boy named Nick who always does crazy stuff at school not bad crazy. I think he doesn't like school because at the end of the day he usually asks a question that kills the homework assignment.

Nick just came home with his friend and on the sidewalk. As he and his friend were walking on the curb Nick's friend saw a ballpoint pen. Nick took said, "here's you'r frindle and ran off. I think that Nick is going to start calling pens frindles. He's mad at his teacher for always making everything in grammar perfect to perfect.

i'm reading the book Frindle. There is a boy Nick Allen who has all these crazy ideas like in 3rd grade he decided to turn his classroom into a beach but when he did it the teacher didn't care just the principle did! In 4th grade he made a loud peeep i the classroom and kept doing it until finally the teacher blamed it on somebody who didn't do it and then he got that girl to do it to!! When I was reading I asked the question do the teachers like his ideas? This year Nick is going into 5th grade. Everybody talks about how the 5th grade teacher Mrs. Granger is. I wonder if she really is that bad though! I predict if Nick tries to do one of his ideas then mrs. Granger will catch him and he will get in trouble. I also infer that Mrs. Granger will be mean at first but once you get to know her and follow her rules she will be a lot nicer and Nick will have a lot of fun with her!!! I can't wait to keep reading!!!

Nick is a boy who likes not to have home work. He would ask the teachers at the right time a question. Then he gets into 5th grade. And he tried to make the teacher give him no home work by asking the question that how do words get from dictionary to dictionary. But then she tells him to write a report about how words get from dictionary to dictionary.