Copyright (c) 2014 by C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
C -- Blogmeister

2010-2011

by C

teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: Winter Holiday Break (01/03/11)
Description: What did you do this winter break? Travel far, stay at home. Share your story. I can't wait to read it!!

My Winter Break was awsome. On the first Sunday we had a "Christmas" with our younger cousins. We played wii with them! (we mostly won) After dinner we watched all of our winter sing's. Monday and Tuesday I went to a bunch of parties. On Wensday we were walking in the shopping mall when Charlotte goes"I see Diana the babysitter!"Then my mom remembers that she needed to do some private shopping. So we had a baby sitter! Thursday we a different babysitter Alex. Then we went ice skating. Christmas Eve we ate dinner, and went to church, when we opened presents we found out that my Aunt was going to have a BABY!! Christmas day I got an Electric scooter and we went sledding! On Monday we went to Chicago on the way their Charlotte and Ryan each puked twice! We saw the faces the bean and got stuffed Pizza! Tuesday we went to our friend's house for dinner and found out we were goining to Wisconsin on Thursday! Wensday I played with the same friend and was very giddy! Thursday we packed and drove! After the pizza dinner we played in the water park. There was a Yellow and Orange water slide that you used a tube. There was a lazy river a regular pool baby slide and slide you didn't need a tube. On Friday we played in the water park and then went to a New Years Party. After the party we got ice cream. Saturday we played in the waterpark, drove home and shopped. Sunday we watched the Bears game with my aunt and uncle! And now it's 2011!!!!

Over winter break I went skiing for the first time ever in my life. I think i'm pretty good at it too. We went with our neighbors, who have been skiing lots of times before. The place that we went to was a place called Lake Geneva (Wisconsin). I forgot the name of the ski hill. There were three ski lifts, one on one side one on the other side and one in the middle.The first ski lift, ski lift A, took you to a double black dimond a black dimond and a green circle which led you to another green circle. The seccond ski lift, ski lift B, took you to a green circle and a blue square, the creen circle led you to the same green circle as the other one did. The third ski lift, ski lift C, took you to a terrain park (a ski slope with jumps and obstacles). There was also 2 little hills called bunny hills for young children and for people who were new at skiing and snowboarding. I would usually go on ski lift B. I had an awesome time skiing!

I spent my winter break in Galena. We were there to ski we stayed at a rental in Eagle Ridge. On the second day we could not go skiing because there was a lot of rain and the snow was melting so we stayed home and played fooz ball and air hockey .On new years eve my freind fell down the stairs and went to the hospital sowe did not go skiing the next day. We stay with home then later we went for a walk in our back yard we had a forest there so we went there. We went so far we reached a laake it was frozen there was at least three inches of ice so we skated on it it was so fun, and slipery it mde her feel beter. On the way back we took a diffrent trall we saw a beaver dam and wehad to climb over it then we had to climb up a very slippery mountian and it was steep. Then the next day we left it was a fun break!

I had a blast over winter break! I Got off a day early from school and went to Wisconsin. We went there for my birthday. For lunch we ate at a place called Simple. Then we went on to our hotel. I didn't know where I was going because it was a surprise. Then as I opened my eyes I saw we came to a water park. We had a really fun day full of water slides, hot tubs, tubing and lots of other stuff.

A week later we were driving down to Iowa. My Grandparents live there and we were celebrating Christmas there. We got there the day before Christmas but we left at noon and got down there by about 6:00. We unpacked our car and then went out to eat. As we got back my Grandparents went to bed and we stayed up reading. We finally went to bed and in the morning we had such a fun time. My Grandparents live on a big hill overlooking a golf corse. It had just snowed 1-2 feet over the night and it was still snowing. I had rented cross country skis so my mom and I went cross country skiing. ( The great thing about the hill and golf corse is in the winter nobody is there but us.) Before we knew it it was lunch. After lunch we went sledding. We had a great time. That night my cousins came over to celebrate Christmas with us. We ate sang and opened presents.

Over my brake I went to my lake house up in Wae Saw Wiskonsin . I went to a place called Granit peak. My dad and I went to a trane park witch is a small mountan with ramp after ramp after ramp ect ... It was the second day that we went to the trane park. I went ZOOOOMING down the mountain. I stopped at the starting mound , about six other people where waiting. Two minutes later it was my turn to go, I went down the mound of snow I hit the ramp up, up ,up and down, down ,down...

I LANDED THE JUMP .

, hit a groove , flue into the air and fell

I guess that's the end

P.S I fell on the ramp twice

now it's the end ... I hope

Over the time period of of our 2 week winter break I went to see my cousins in hinsdale Alvalon and Fedras house for Christmas eve. In the evening my brothers and I went to Avalon and Fedras church. Avalon was Mary who was the mother of Jesus and Fedra was an Angel and last but not least my brothers and I were the 3 kings aka the three wisemen.Christmas day I went back to my house opened presents and the next day my grandparents took us to there house in columbus,Indiana. On the ride up to their house we saw the movie Tron legacy in Imax 3D at a Imax theater in Indianapolis.The next day We went sledding and took a hike in the 33 aker long forest which happened to be behind their house. Thursday we went to a basketball camp at my moms old high school Columbus North run by Indiana univirsity's all time leading scorer for basketball Damon bailey. Later we went to the house and met my two other cousinns Sophie [7]and max[5]. Friday we went to a Indiana univirsity basketball game vs. Ohio state who currentlly has a #2 national ranking which was fun. At 12 o'clock we watched the ball dop and me and my bros had kid champain. New years day we watched football and saw sophie and max again and sunday we left . The end.

So I guess you want to know what I did for the past two weeks? Ok I will tell you some of it. Well i was supposed to be in Wisconsin but there was a family emergency so instead of snow skiing I was in Springfeild with my grandma and grandpa. { Not that it is a bad thing.} So other than that I got a new video camera. I think that I am very lucky to get such good and expensive things that some kids can't afford. That was my winter break! [not very fun]

For winter break I went to Canada. In canada some of the things you dont see in the U.S.A.. Like Double Big Mac's and Aero. In Canada I went to Vancover. It's really cool in vancover.Because they had the olympics so they still had the Vancover mascot's. I got Muk Muk my,brother got Quatchi And my sister got Sumi and Miga! We also went to a nice dinner for Christmas eve. On Christmas we went to Grouce mountain. For dinner we ate at a 5 star restaurant with gold in the chocolate!!! we went to Victoria by farrie. When we got to Victoria Then we went to tea. Tea is really weird. All you do is eat mini sandwiches and drink tea. But I got hot coco. Also there was weird desserts like minced meat tart and weird checker bread stuff. After tea we went back to the room. When we got back we watched a little tv and went to get waffles for dinner! The next day we went to a museum. It was so fun. And for dinner we got sandwiches and Aero. Then the next day we went to another farrie and got on it. Then we went to seatle. When we got to seatle we were tired. The next day we went to the boeing museum and space needle. The space needle is so cool. They have a place to eat that ROTATES! Then the next day we went to the airport and went home for new years eve. When we got back I played animal crossing with my cousin. That was my winter break.

I had so much fun over winter break! But my favorite event was when we drove to Tennesse to visit my mom's best friend Kelly, her husband who's name is also Kelly and her son John. My sister Anna and I played Wii with John a lot while we were there. But the only game we played was Just Dance 2. It was so much much fun!!! We had to do so funny and akward dances. John won most of the time but Anna won like five and I won about three. For lunch we had really good BBQ pork sandwiches, coleslaw, mashed potatoes and for desert we had strawberry Jello. We also played on Anna and my ipad's until dinner. For dinner we had really good turkey, salad, bread and butter and potatoe salad. After dinner John, Anna and I made a train track with Thomas the Train train set. It was fun because we haven't played with trains for a long time. Before bed John and I played a game of Battleship. I was really sad when we left Tennesse, but I still had the rest of winter break to have fun with.

Winter Break is my favorite part of the school year because my cousins from China are in town.There names are Julia and Renee.They are nice, funny and love to play games.

When my cousins first come we have a party.The party is always at my grandparents house.When my family and I get to my grandparents house all of the kids head to the basement to play games.We usually tell jokes, tell everyone what up and have a bunch of fun.After about an hour of play we head upstairs to have dinner.We always have beef tenderloin, mashed potatos,(made by dad)and we also have green beens.I have never liked green beens so I pass them to Renee.My favorite part of dinner is the wizard, I like him because if you ask him a yes or no question he will answer it in an odd way.Then we go back home.Over the next couple of days we hang out with our cousins untill New Years Eve.

Since my cousins leave on New Years Day we have another party but it is way more fun.When we get to my grandparents house I will always bring my viola.When I get there I go into the basement to practice viola with Julia and Renee.This year my aunt brought glow sticks.The best part was that you could turn them into balls and there were two colors inside.My dad put them all over himself,it was so funny.Then we left and in the morning the left for China.

I went to Florida for winter break It was so fun beacause, we went to Disnsy World.My favorite ride at Disney World is big thunder mountain.It was thefunest ride I have been on, coolest part about the ride is I went on it at night.I love Disney World.

This winter break I went to Florida. One of my favorite things I did there was go to Universals studios and Island of Adventure. My favorite part of both parks was going to The Harry Potter part of the park. They had a perfect replica of Hogwarts and hogsmades. The best ride in Harry Potter was so cool. You fly around with Harry and Hermione. It looked so real. Part of the ride was projected and part of it was real. The projected parts felt so real that I thought I was really flying.

The other park had a roller coaster that was awesome when you get on there's a touch screen that you choose a music and you get to listen to it. I'll make a music video of you. then a brings up a track that goes strait up literally 180 degrees up. Then it did a steep drop not strait down. The roller coaster did all these crazy loops, turns and drops and when the ride was over you got to watch the music video of you. Well that's one thing I did over break by.

Over Winter break there was one of my favorite holidays. I bet you can guess what that is, yes it's Christmas!!!! I wait over 300 days for that day. On Christmas day I ran downstair at almost 6:00 in the morning! Then i went to wake up my sister, and then my parents. My mom said my brother and I had to take out the dogs before they would come downstairs. So really quickly we took them out, make them tinkle, put them iin the crate, then ran back upstairs to wake up my parents. Right as they touched the floor all of my siblings and I started to rip up our presents. I got legos, a snuggy, and a couple other things from Santa. Then about half an hour later we ripped open the family presents. I got the awesomest stuff. MY favorite toy was a remote control helicopter that really flew in the air. It was so cool. Then, while we were playing, my parents started to make the Christmas feast.

Then, at about 1:00, my great grandma and great uncles came over. We had dunch or lunch/dinner then we opened the presents from our uncles. We each got a different flag and a game. I got dominos. Soon later they went home and it was time for bed. My favorite day of the year came and went. I couldn't wait until next year=http://

We've just returned to school after a two week vacation. It was nice to be with friends and family over the winter break. Our students are writing about their holiday adventures. Click under teacher assignments to see what our class did this winter break.

Okay I had the craziest trip ever . So at the start our flights went like this. Chicago to Miami on American Airlines then from Miami to London on British Airways. Then we hit our first problem. The moving stairs would not start. Then after about half an hour they had managed to jump start the stairs. Then we got to he baggage claim which was our main problem. After about three hours our baggage still hadn't come and Dad told us that our baggage hadn't been transfered to the British Airways flight so it was still in Miami. Luckily our cousins had some hand-me-downs. Other than Christmas one of the interesting times was when I went sledding. You see my Grandma has an old fashioned sled so it weighed more so I went at least five miles per hour faster than everybody else because the hill was at least twice as long as the one at Techny. Did I forget to mention that the hill was also very steep which made it hard to climb up. On the way back to home you would not believe what happened then. Since we still had not got our baggage back they had sympathy for us and let us have a free upgrade in seating to new club world. It would have cost us another thirteen hundred dollars for that. So after we went through security we decided to take a look at the lounge. I must say it was prety cool. They had couches TVs and a dining area. They had free food. I had two bread rolls, two bags of chips, two cans of mini sodas and a clemintine. Once we had boarded taken off and got everything fully operational I was living the life. It had a divider screen, moving tray table, TV, foot rest, space, seat controls like seat down seat up etc, a drawer, better head phones, a kids activity bag, a grown-up bag, the club kitchen, a menu, and what they call the pantry. What it is, is for club world and new club wold a free for all small storage food space. I had four cans of mini sodas five candy bars and one bag of chips. Those were the interesting parts of my vacation and now you know why I'm only wearing three different pears of pants. Please leave me a comment and put your blog address of your blog in the URL spot so I can reply to your comment! I hope you will have or had a better vacation then me! Though I still don't think if you went on an airplane you would not get better seats then new club world. Though it would be nice if you did.

Article posted December 27, 2010 at 07:01 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 72

OK guys now I am in florida the past 7 days have been fun. I realy want to stay here but at the same time I want to be at school and see everyone again. But I have one choice I have to go back home in two days!! It feels like I just got here,what can I do. One of the things I did was go to miami it was fun because we got to go to beach. But the best day was yesterday, we went to fortlauterdale. GUESS WHO WE SAW=http://=http://!!! Former NBA allstar Scottie pippen!!! HE was so tall it looked like he could touch the sky! I waved to him and guess what... he waved back! He used to be on the bulls.HE had kids and he looked realy realy nice. If you havent heard of him you may have heard of the dream team. Thats what people called him and michael jordan because they werked perfect together and they will be remembered forever!!! We thought he just hapend to be there but when we got home we looked up where he lived and he lived in fortlauterdale=http://! I had a great time in florida and will remember this forever=http://=http://=http://