Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

http://www.classblogmeister.com/blog_edit.php?userid=318960-

by J teacher: Mr. Edwards

The simple machines I saw at the Museum of Science and industries were the steering wheels that where gears that created energy for a lightbolb. I also saw a lver that you pull and a train starts moving.There was also a magnet on a pully which lifts a piano.

Bananas are awesome because of their color. I think Yellow is a catchy color but................. Blue? Well if you believe that read this story.

Once upon a time there was a chubby little boy named Gerald but the one thing he loved more than food were pets..... rare and weird pets. He thought one day that there just might be weird, like really weird pets with a weird texture, and consistently weird. yes I've use that word a lot but it's true. It was one sunny Tuesday when Gerald was on a little jaunt he passed the pet store and decided to take a look. They were looking and looking..... and bam! He saw a chubby banana...... Blue! The clerk said it was named Chubby Bob but it was called BoB as a nickname. I bought it for just three bucks and a penny! But everyone seemed to be buying chubby bananas. Could it be Chubby Banana day? I took it home Quickly and observed it. It was so fun it was a extravaganza playing with it! But it was a teaching expedition trying to train it and all but I was Indomitable handling responsible training and Bob was amiable so it wasn't that hard but it was sure hard teaching it to be trained. Trust me, if you ever get a Chubby Bob for your own...... They're Vivacious ! The End and good luck!

Have you ever hated school because of homework and boring teachers? Well go to greenbriar school they treat you like Lebron James. They have great classes,tools and great class themed teachers.

Greenbriar has great classes like gym,music,and science lab. In gym it’s a time to work your muscles while having fun with friends. We also get to try new foods for healthy food of the week and experience new foreign games. In gym my favorite game is survival because I get to let my competitive and strategic thoughts free. I like that feeling because it really shows my competitive nature and trust me I have a lot of that. In music we get to participate in group activity’s like musicals. We also get to try rare instruments and I bet your current school doesn’t do that! My favorite instrument is the foreign bongos because they make funny noises and I’m in my first year of the musicals and already I love it!. Science is also fun. Because we get to try an d take home experiments. Best of all we learn these crazy facts. My favorite are sports science because I love sports and they really make you think.

Ring, ring , ring “ah that peacful sound of the recess bell at Greenbriar “.

“Luckily I’m here going to school otherwise..... well I guess I’m just lucky going here to Greenbriar every morning instead of anywhere else!.

They were forced to Immigrate by will because their were living ina small house in russia but being attacked by mob's for being Jews and they had scarce food. On the shipride it was tough for them. Lot's of disease, some deathes and such little room that you were lucky if you were one of the few who could sleep while laying down. ONly the rich got to have the front deck to themselves. But the Markowitz were not rich and I meen not very rich at all. When they dockedc in Ellis Island they had to pass an expection course because they didn't want any spreading disease in America and if you don't pass the inspection you are forced to go back by yourself! Luckily the Markowitz family was fine. But at first life was not easy at all. They had to live in the most crowded and unpleasent part of the city which was full of different culture. But as they grew up they got more money and were able to move out of their uncomfortable tenements and lived a good life.

I just finished reading a book called Help! get me outta fourth grade! It was about a boy named zip which really was his nickname because his real name was Daniel Henry Zipzer or D.H Zipzer and he had trouble with work in all being a class clown and he was going to get held back if his parents attended parent teacher conference , but find out yourself what he did to make his parents miss parent teacher conference!

So it all started on a satuday when we boarded a plane to Tampa bay. I was just finishing my mcdonalds breakfast bagel when I looked at a map that showed where I was headed after I land in Tampa. THe place was clearwater beach in Indian rocks, Florida. We stayed at a rented condominium. Most of the day I was siping soda while Sun tanning. We also went late night put put golfing. It was creepy because sitting in the MIDDLE of hole two were 3 big GATORS! I thought sense my dad dislikes reptiles so much he would have a heart attack. But somehow workers removed the gator back intothe water. Even though it costed me one hour and 45 minutes it was worth it. But beleive it or not my grandma shot a 50 and my brother nick shot a 57. They both creamed me,dray and my dad! But unfourtunatly we had a huge storm! We even MISSED a TORNADO by just a MILE! It was all good in the end but are condominium lost most of it's roof and a couple miles down houses were damaged and the waves moved about 30 feet closer to us than usual. On our way back all the direct flights to chicago were booked so we had to land in baltimore,maryland to pick up citizens who were going to go to Chicago to! P.S the baltimore airport is cool! It's all black and white colored on the outside.

The Murphy’s were having a great big dinner because it was the last night in their house because tommorow they were moving. At the dinner they had plentiful amounts of food. The next morning they gathed up all their possesions . THey had a quandry when it was time to pick which color of wallpaper they wanted in their rooms. Thy were all keen enough to see that their new house had a lot of dust and moved again. By that time they all were tired but energized enough that they spoke elucidately enough so the parents could hear there thoughts on who gets what room. They scrutinized their rooms carefully and they were satisfied. The next morning they were all so tired even at 11 o’clock that they scarcely noticed each other. A couple years later they found a love for venturing the trecharous mountain. They all lived a good life. The End.

My thoughts on the book Night Of The Twisters were that it was a really good book and I recomend this book to people who like thrilling slightly surprising events in this book like when Dan and arthur are alone and the house is quiet until all of a sudden lights flicker and sirens run loudly. It is also a good exciting a little slow paced book because it explains everything good and describes the situation so well it's like your in the scene. For example: In the text it wrote at one point "The cells the kids had to sleep in for the night was very uncomfortable. The cuts and hurts stuck to the plastic on the bed and it was extremely hot and sticky or humid in there. There was scarce food just, a couple 7ups and grahm crackers to eat." Like I could seriously picture my self in that situation. So once again I liked the book a lot and definitely recommend it!

I just finished the book return of the home run kid.It's about a boy named sylvester who the the year before could hit nthing but homeruns. Then he got in a slump and he couldn't do anything about it. Until he runs into this man named Cheeko. Cheeko teaches him how to play baseball but what is he hiding? He ends up teaching sylvester dirty baseball and teaches syl to take cheap shots at people and his friends don't like it. But syl knows to do the right thing and gets his friends back and forgets about Cheeko.

In music we figured out our parts in the school play and what are scheudules are for rehearsing.I liked that part it was exciting and fun. In gym we had a fitness day,climbing wall and we play the game nock the pin down with a mini beanbag! In history/social studies we made a script for our powerpoint on keynote we made on our colonies. Not all of us finished our voice thread that we made the script for but it was all fun. We also watched a colony movie on our colonies region which in my case was the southern region. We also had an art adventure on oragami and made oragami birds,helmets,planes,and cranes.We also learned that the chinese made it up and the Japanese made it popular. In weather we learned a out hale that is made by climate change and sleet which is freezing rain. We also learned about humidity which is the amount of water vapor in the air. I learned that a hygrometer is a tool that measures humity and I learned about other cool tools such as the rain gauge and the wind sock.

Ginger zee visited our school and talked to us about weather. Ginger zee is a meteorologist and she showes the weather on the news and she works on saturday and sundays. Although she has to wakeup at 3am and her job is done at 11PM!!! I thought it was interesting that she chases storms and that meteorologists have all this technology and they even have this machine that goes INSIDE TORNADOES!. A question I would like to know is if she gets like 6 hours of sleep total on the weekend that how much working does she do on the weekdays and does she sleep a lot on the weekdays because of the weekends basiclly no sleep?

In chapter 14 through 15 Nick at his High school graduation ceremony gets a gift ,dictionary that had Frindle in it, Mrs. grangers favorite old pen and a note that had nicks name on it with the date 1986 and at the time it was 1996 Nick quickly recognized it was the envelope, the exact one that Mrs. granger had him sighn in fifth grade. Mrs. granger told him in fifth grade he can never open it until the frindle business was gone and 10 years later Mrs. Granger had to realize that it will never be over. I really think that Mrs. Graner was a great teacher in the end and taught nick a lesson that there will usually be a demon in every big thing in in 5th grade for Nick that was Mrs. Granger. The summary is :There was this boy named Nick allen and had a history of thinking of good time wasting throughout his years of grade school it didn't work in 5th grade vs. Mrs. Granger. Although in the process of one of his time wasters failing he had to give a oral report about dictionaries as his punishment and learned the only reasons that the words in the dictionary are words our because that's what we called them. Nick then hatched an Idea. He thought well in that case I can make a word of my own and get people to say it. So he came up with Frindle replaces pen P.E.N instead F.R.I.N.D.L.E. That word got spread around but Mrs. Granger didn't approve of it so she came up with punishments that attracted several news reporters all the way throughout the book. Rumors started and lots of reporters and teachers and tv shows Nick was then in them and he became a westfield celebrity and It became a nationwide word. Although years went by and everything was the ame except for 1 icy its thing and that was everyone spelled the word pen wrong on the spelling test because they spelled it frindle. Nick later received a gift on his high school graduation it was a dictionary that had the word frindle in it Mrs. Grangers old favorite fountain pen and a envolope that Nick had to sighn when he was in 5th grade and he had to write the date but Mrs. Granger said not to open until this frindle business was done and at the time 1996 it wasn't because it became second nature and pen was like just a feather floating in the air. The date on the envelope was 1986 and it had a message about how glad Mrs. Granger will be one day if Frindle becomes a word sighned mrs. granger. One Christmas morning Mrs. Granger got a not that said dear, mrs. Granger you are my favorite teacher sighned one of your students but just then she opeed a presents of one million dollars to loreiel Granger fun sighned Nick Allen and The end.

Another reporter caught hold of the frindle story and I just thought to myself like this is way to much for just one small word war. Nick although did get on tv and told the whole frindle story. A westfield celebrity named Bud thompson was rich and saw this frindle and created a factory full he mad millions of hundred thousands but after Tom allen nicks dad sighned contracts saying Nick owned the work Nick got a share of the money! But I felt that nicks dad was really responsable when he said for Bud not to tell Nick because he will stop mowing the lawns and take buying items for granted. Although after reading what kind of person he is I think he's greedy because every big thing coming out he uses his money to get credit and get paid for most stuff. Nick turned out as a celebrity at Lincoln elementary and everything was back to the same except for spelling test. Mrs. granger always started off with Pen spelled P.E.N but everyone still spelled it F-R-I-N-D-L-E.

I think Nick has got himself in a bad position in the town Westfield. After Mrs.Granger had a talk with the Allens the family was thinking a lot about the situation in 5th grade (Frindle) . But it got worse because a reporter from the Westfield gazette came to Lincoln elementary to get some info on the Frindle argument between the kids and the teachers and she learn all about Mrs.granger and Nick Allen. She later got a brown envelope sent to the gazzete offices and it had a pitre of the fifth grade picture with everyone holding up a pen and everyones mouth puckered in the same way. Mrs. morgan then thought FRINDLE is what they are saying. Then she posted all the info on the gazzete and everyone in Westfield learned about Frindle and Nick Allen and Mrs.Granger.

I thnk Nick did a brave thing in Mrs. Grangers class. He decided one day to replace the word pen for Frindle and wanted everybody to use it. Nick heard what the teacher said about the only thing that maked D.O.G pronounced dog is becuase that's what people just agreed to call it so Nick thought that if he got people to agree on Frindle not pen it would make sense. He did after a while get almost everyone in the school to use it but Mrs. Granger did aprove of it and said anyone who is heard using the word will stay after school. But that only made kids use it more! The school had to hire bunches of school buses to take the kids home after they did there time after school. Now I predict that the parents of the Allens are going to get involved because it said that Mrs. Granger was going to talk to the parents of Nick

The way I see it so far in the book is that Nick allen got through 4th grade easy by asking dumb question to get the teacher thinking about stuff off topic and that led to no Homework. But his old jokes or stunts don't work on the the teacher with the eyes of a hawk Mrs. Granger.

On our opening page there is a picture of a construction worker working on the Empire state building and my thoughts of what I think he was thinking at he time was OMG I'm on the top of the empire state building without a harness. I think he was also thinking about how life would be in heaven and what the building look like when it's finished .That was my schema on the picture I like to call The Worker dude.

This week in science we learned about were in the room it is cold and hot . We learned it is warmer up high because hot air rises.

In gym we played the games survival and firefighter where you throw dodgeballs at a big excercize ball until it reaches your destination. In music we played instrument bingo where you listen to the sounds of the instruments and you cover the instruments spaces. In art we worked on our city image and started coloring our old clay project. In history I'm learning about the colony South carolina. In kidsmarts we did a review on stranger danger and to know how to contact a teacher or supervisor or even so draw attention. That was my week.

I have just finished the book Escaping The Giant Wave it's about a family a boy named Kyle ad a girl named Beebee who's dad won an accolade at his job and his job is paying for a trip to Oregon and a dinner on the boat elegant express but a tsunami gets in the way the boat was too far out at sea to get capsized but Kyle and Beebee are stuck at the hotel that's on fire and it's up to them to stay safe in the tsunami they do survive and there parents do to but Kyle reached his summer goals because his allowance was raised and he stood up to a bully : Daren who's life was saved in the tsunami by Kyle but Daren still did not appreciate him. I like the book because every sentence was thought provoking and I like those books.

Man on roof

kids running

storm coming

2 people talking

pictures spinning

what a day

I am reading the book profiles in sports courage and Muhamad Ali was a boxing legend and it all started when he was young in louisville,kentucky his bike was stolen so he went to a police officer and the officer was teaching a boxing clinic and Ali jumped right and look where he is now.......a legend. This week we also learned about colonies and about Jamestown and the fort and there unexpected attack by the Indians. We learned the journeys on the ships were very tough there was lack of food and scarce water. In math this week we learned about order of operations and how you can make easy mistakes if you don't use order of operation. Order of operation is like heres a problem: 2+2*7 you would do {2*7}=14+2 so it would equal 16. In gym we played volleyball in our volleyball unit. We leaned the hits like a dig a bump and a spike and we played a few matches. In science we learned about air and how a hot airballoon floats by hot adams moving to make activity for it to float and of course the balloon would soon fall so real air balloons send fir to the top to keep it afloat. That was our week!

1.Jeremy ebert Northwestern

2. venric mark Northwestern

3. cam newton Auburn

4. Andrew luck stanford

5.lamikael james Oregon

Christmas is my favorite holiday. Our tree always looks great decorated and even better with presents underneath. Presents on Christmas day are worth waiting a whole year for. It’s especially fun opening them.

I like opening christmas presents and making piles of wrapping paper. We like crumpling up the wrapping paper to make big piles for jumping in and making forts. I like doing that because it’s like jumping on pillows and it comforts your fall. I unwrap by first chipping off the tape on the gifts and then tearing open the wrapping paper. No one really goes first. My brothers and I get the signal to go when our mom has her video tape. That is why I love opening presents of any size on Christmas day.

I love getting my christmas tree each year, because I love decorating the tree. My brothers and I like making decorations like cutting out snowflakes or trees. We get a new real one every christmas from my grandparents as most of our gift from our grandparents. When my brothers and I make ornaments half the time it’s stuff we make at school christmas themed activities or at our house. Some of my favorite ornaments I have gotten are: my Santa ornament in a football uniform and my purple Northwestern university ball. Those are my favorite ornaments I have gotten. Last but not least I love putting the ornaments on my tree with my family.

Thats my Christmas...... presents here I come

The book I'm reading is super fudge by Judy blume. The family is moving to princeton because they have a baby named tootsie and the dad wants to write a book. The final weeks of summer break in princeton peter finds a boy named alex they now go to school together and earn money by giving worms to an old lady alex has been giving worms to the lady for money for a long time. Fudge later gets a myna bird and names it uncle feather but it speaks french.one day fudge brings it to school for show and tell and uncle feather says to the teacher ms. ziff "bonjour stupid" so I would say its a funny book and I would recomend it.

Over the time period of of our 2 week winter break I went to see my cousins in hinsdale Alvalon and Fedras house for Christmas eve. In the evening my brothers and I went to Avalon and Fedras church. Avalon was Mary who was the mother of Jesus and Fedra was an Angel and last but not least my brothers and I were the 3 kings aka the three wisemen.Christmas day I went back to my house opened presents and the next day my grandparents took us to there house in columbus,Indiana. On the ride up to their house we saw the movie Tron legacy in Imax 3D at a Imax theater in Indianapolis.The next day We went sledding and took a hike in the 33 aker long forest which happened to be behind their house. Thursday we went to a basketball camp at my moms old high school Columbus North run by Indiana univirsity's all time leading scorer for basketball Damon bailey. Later we went to the house and met my two other cousinns Sophie [7]and max[5]. Friday we went to a Indiana univirsity basketball game vs. Ohio state who currentlly has a #2 national ranking which was fun. At 12 o'clock we watched the ball dop and me and my bros had kid champain. New years day we watched football and saw sophie and max again and sunday we left . The end.

The next day the boy and his grama ma' [grandma in this story] set off on there way to the witches castle. "grama ma' " the boy said " I can't find the castle anywhere?" "oh it will be here somewhere" said grama ma'."grama ma' I now can see the castle"! the boy said "well all you have to do is take the bottle of mouse maker and poor it into the withches food and they will turn into mice." said grama ma'."alright what now grama ma' I'm in the castle how am I gonna get in that kitchen?" all of a sudden the boy realized if he's a mouse he can use his tail to swing from wall to wall. Just before the boy could get started his grandma informed him off the flyer that said Royal dinner for the witches of all ages tonight at seven and soup will be served. So the boy waited till seven.At seven I sneaked in the door after a waiter and poured the mouse maker in all the bowls of soup it took pouring into 876,987,654,123,000 bowls of soup. Two hours later the dinner was served and I have to say myself that the bread they had was good I ate some of that in the corner and fell asleep. The next day I woke up to the sound of screaming! My initial thought was the witches found me but no the withches were mice and were all ready killed by the extermenator. The screaming were people who where trying to buy the castle for a home so I fell to the ground raced out thedoor, ran 4 miles to find grama ma' and soon enough I was home sweet home I had defeated the witches and made the world a better place even as a mouse . The end.

My hands are on a paper

My hands are being drawn

My hands are drawing other hands as the hands are moving along

My come to life paper hands

My weirdest dream

That's all you will want to know about these drawing hands

On my thanksgiving I watched NFL thanksgiving day football the Lions and the Patriots and the Cowboys v. Saints. On our dinner I had turkey and stuffing,mash potatoes, sweet potato rosoto and bread. I had it with my brothers and my dad and his girlfriend. On thanksgiving weekend I went up to wisconsin and stayed in the Ostoff resort. The night before thanksgiving it was also relaxing because I finally got to sleep all the way to 11:30. I love sleeping in. Preparing for thanksgiving dinner me and my bros got to help make the stuffing and the rosoto. That was my thanksgiving.

Gems can be found on crowns worn by royalty and on sacred religous objects. Gems are made of crystals which are made of atoms. Most gems must be 5 or above on the mohs scale {gem scale} or above to be strong enough for use in jewlery. A mineral can get so hot inside a diamond in the earth that it melts. As the Diamond slowly cools the atoms fall into place to make a gem. Gems are found under ground. When a miner finds a gem it looks very different from the one you see on a necklace. It would look different because when you first find a gem it has a dull surface and rough edges. Then gem cutters cut the gem and smooth it to cover it's rough ugly flaws.

On Halloween I saw lots of different costumes but what I saw the most of were the ghost. For trick-or-treating my costume was John Schier a college basketball player who attends Duke University.The biggest candy prize I got on halloween is what I get every year from a certain house: a giant butterfinger bar. This halloween was probally my best halloween candy wise because I got the biggest candy that I have ever gotten this year, 2010.

The book I have currently finished is Jackie and me by Dan Gutman. It’s about a boy named Josh Stoshack who has a power to hold an old baseball card and go back in time and meet the guy. In this story he goes back in time to meet Jackie Robinson and learn about him for his book report and he wants to get the best report becuase the best report gets 4 tickets to kentucky kingdom an amusement park with lots of rides. Later on In the story he lived with the Robinson’s and became friends with Jackie and later he went to the games and became the 1947 brooklyn dodgers official batboy. He almost gets arrested in 1947 a couple of times but he managed to get back to his time. His dad gave him a assignment to fill up a suitcase with valuable cards now but were uselis in 1947 but each time Joe came back home either his suitcase waas stolen or he forgot to fill the suitcase. Find out how close he was to bringing back home a fortune by reading the book Jackie and me by: Dan Gutman.

i am interested in learning about my class blog.I am also eager to start typing post on my class blog.I am happy to do activities on a blog once again. last but not least I love looking at peoples blogs. I love looking at peoples blogs because you can read voice threads and read posts. I am interested in learning about my blog because i want to know how to look at things and be able to know how to do a lot of things on it. In conclusion I think it's great how greenbriar has class blogs.