Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

http://www.classblogmeister.com/blog_edit.php?userid=318960-

by J teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: Ginger Zee 2011 (02/11/11)
Description: Ginger Zee is a meteorologist from NBC5 in Chicago, IL. She came to our school today and talked about forecasting the weather. Our class had learned a lot and had many more questions. Read about what they learned.

At school we saw weather reporter Ginger Zee. She's on the news a lot in the city. She told a lot of facts. They used a lot of tools like a anemometer, barometer and thermometer. They send a balloon twice a day that as a little box in to the sky. They can see what's it looks like Iin the sky from the box. Do They get the boxes back?

Good afternoon! A meteorologist named Ginger Zee just come to our school. She loves her job. I know you are asking me what a meteorologist is. A meteorologist is someone who studies weather. They predict weather by sending a weather balloon into the atmosphere. Once the balloon runs into the storm it takes a picture and sends the picture back to the meteorologist. The meteorologist uses the picture to help predict the weather. My class and I have a question though, what if the weather balloon pops? Do you know?I learned also that meteorologists don't study earthquakes. I hadn't known that. I also never thought about tornados going different speeds. Then I asked the question and she told me you can't say a specific speed because the speed varies. I learned a lot from Ginger Zee and even more than I am writing down.I hope you enjoyed and learned something new from reading this.

Hello, And welcome to the 10:00 pm News with Molly R. Today we will start with our inter view with Ginger Zee. We inter view with her earlier to day. She told us that she loves being a meteorologist. She talked about thing called weather balloons that they sent up into the air 2 times every day. And connected to the balloons are thermometers, barometers, anemometers, and a blue box which contains all of those things. She also told us that last year she went on the show " Storm Chasers"! She told us that when she was on the show she went inside the tornado! She said that when she was in the storm all she could see was debris flying all around her she also told us that she saw mini tornados on the out side of the real tornado! Well, that's all the time we have now back to you Rob.

Today Ginger Zee came to our school to talk to us about weather. She is a meteorologist that means she studies weather! She also told us the four basic steps on how to predict the weather. She works on NBC5 weather channel. Ginger told us that we can send her pictures of our class and she will put us on T.V. Once when she was 8 she was play ing on the beach and her little brother started screaming because there was a water spout in the ocean and Ginger said she just starred at the spout until her mother said she had to go inside! I learned that there is a lot more math and science in weather than I thought! I can't wait to go on T.V.

Today Ginger Zee, a meteorologist from N.B.C. 5. She came in and talked about how she got to where she is today. Other thing's she talked talked about the technology they use like radars, what thing's were like barometers and how tornado's are formed, and a lot of other thing's like the green screen. My dad told me that they look at them selves on T.V. so they know what there doing.

Ginger Zee came to Greenbrair. She presented to the 4th graders. Ginger Zee came from Orange County, California. She moved to Grand Rapids, Michigan. During college she did a thing called Storm Chasers. Ginger Zee is a meteorologist. She talked about what her job was and what she did. For a tornado to form there has to be lift. The tornado starts sideways and then turns vertical. After that it starts going down to the ground. Once she went inside of a tornado in a machine that weighed a lot and stuck to the ground. She also said that they send weather balloons up in the air. They send two weather balloons a day. The balloon is made with tough fabric so it won't pop that easily. Inside they put an anemometer to measure the wind speed.

Today Ginger Zee came to are school she is a meteorologist. She does the weather she works with all type of scientist and fancy tools. She went on a activity with other scientists that was called 'storm chasers were you go inside a tornado. She goes inside them and collect data. she has a very interesting job.

Today we went to see Ginger Zee. She taught us about weather because she is an meteorologist. She showed us how to predict weather. She also told us where she was born and how she stared her career. Ginger also told us that when she was little like eight years old she and her brother went to the beach and saw a they saw a huge water spout witch kind of looks like a geyser. She was on a lot of different T.V shows too. I never new you had to know so much science and math to be a meteorologist, I thought they told you what the weather was going to be I didn't know she had to find it out herself! I can't wait to see myself on T.V because she told us she was going to take a picture of us and put it on T.V

Today we went to see Ginger Zee. She is a meteorologist and taught us a little about weather. She told us how to predict what the weather will be. She also told us what it was like in college and a couple things on how she started to love weather. One day she moved and she was playing on the beach when a water spout shot out of the water. I thought that she was really smart and I never knew that she was really good at science. She was on a lot of TV shows. Now she is on NBC5. I thought they had scripts but they make up there one thing. I can't wait to see my self one TV because she will show a picture of our class=http://=http://!!!

Ginger zee visited our school and talked to us about weather. Ginger zee is a meteorologist and she showes the weather on the news and she works on saturday and sundays. Although she has to wakeup at 3am and her job is done at 11PM!!! I thought it was interesting that she chases storms and that meteorologists have all this technology and they even have this machine that goes INSIDE TORNADOES!. A question I would like to know is if she gets like 6 hours of sleep total on the weekend that how much working does she do on the weekdays and does she sleep a lot on the weekdays because of the weekends basiclly no sleep?

Ginger Zee came to our school. She is a meteorologist. She told us that when she was a kid she saw a waterspout. She said that's when she became obsessed with weather. We learned that they have balloons that have a machine that has stuff that measures air wind speed etc.

Today(February 11,2011)Ginger Zee she told us about the basics of weather. I learned about tornados, high and low air pressure and we also learned about what she does.

I found this very interesting because I have a lot in common and one off the things that I want to be when I grow up is a weather reporter like her. Hope you are now more inerested in weather.

Ginger Zee came to school today. She is a meteorologist. It was so cool. I learned that tornadoes in the water are called water spouts! I also leaned that weather balloons get tethered on your arm. It was fun when she came!