Copyright (c) 2014 by Emily Piccirillo Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Emily Piccirillo -- Blogmeister

My Wonderful Blog

3H 2010-11

by Emily Piccirillo

teacher: Sue Halbert

Article posted June 10, 2011 at 10:45 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 171

Chapter 1

Slam! Went the car door as Tory ran happily out of her mom’s black car door. Tory had just driven from California and was moving to Haddonfield.

“Hey did you just move here?” asked a small kind and caring third grader named Olivia.

“Yes, from California,” said Tory

“Do you want to come to my house?” asked Olivia excitedly.

“Sure, let me ask my parents,” replied Tory.

So Tory asked her parents and they said yes. Tory and Olivia ran excitedly to Olivia’s light blue house to play outside.

When they finally got to Olivia’s house they immediately went outside and played jump rope and had a jump rope contest. Olivia and Tory jumped fast and happy on a bright sunny summer day.

Tory won the jump rope contest!

“You are a great at jump roping,” said Olivia to Tory.

“Thanks, you are great at jump roping too,” said Tory.

10 minutes passed and Tory and Olivia went in Olivia’s house for lunch. They had macaroni and cheese. It was super cheesy and delicious. The girls thought it was terrific to be friends.

Meanwhile, Tory’s mom came to pick Tory up from Olivia’s house.

“Mom, can Olivia come to our house for dinner?” asked Tory.

“Sure, if Olivia is allowed,” said Tory’s mom.

Olivia’s mom said, “Sure, why not.”

The girls were as excited as kids finding out they are going to Disney for the first time!

Immediately the girls bolted out of the house and ran to Tory’s house which was right next door. They were so happy they were having dinner together.

When they got to Tory’s house Tory’s mom ordered pizza and the girls and Tory’s mom had it for dinner. It was super cheesy.

Next they went in Tory’s attic that was soon going to be Tory’s bedroom. They found a box that was very small and dusty. The girls went downstairs to ask Tory’s mom if they could open the box.

Chapter 2

“Sure, why not,” said Tory’s mom.

Tory and Olivia carefully opened the dusty old box and inside of it was a purple crumpled up note. When they opened the note it crinkled. It looked like a kid there age wrote the note.

Olivia and Tory asked Tory’s mom if she knew who used to live in the house before Tory and her mom moved in. It was the McGoons.

They soon tried to figure out what McGoon it was. The girls examined the note and that did not work. Next they asked Tory’s mom if there was a 3rd grader in the McGoon family.

Tory’s mom said, “Yes and I think her name is Chloe.”

Tory’s mom walked away and as soon as she came back she saw Tory and Olivia jumping up with their hands to their side.

“What are you doing?” asked Tory’s mom.

“We are doing are happy dance because we found out who wrote the note.”

Article posted April 12, 2011 at 03:14 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 100

Article posted April 6, 2011 at 12:39 PM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 71

Article posted February 22, 2011 at 11:42 AM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 71

Article posted January 25, 2011 at 04:14 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 80

You can enter the text of your blog here!

Article posted January 5, 2011 at 02:42 PM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 101

My School New Year’s Resolution

My school New Year’s Resolution is to write neatly in my agenda because I do not write neatly in my agenda. One time I couldn’t even read what I wrote. Some of my strategies are to write in pencil, not marker and I need to take my time to make sure everything is in the right place. What is your New Year’s Resolution?  

Article posted November 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 96

Thanksgiving

By: EP

file:///C:DOCUME~12040385LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image001.wmz" target="_blank">file:///C:DOCUME~12040385LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image001.wmz">

Thank you

For all my hands can hold

A bouncy ball that has been rolled

A field hockey stick

And a lollipop that I lick

file:///C:DOCUME~12040385LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image003.wmz" target="_blank">file:///C:DOCUME~12040385LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image003.wmz">

Thank you

For all my eyes can see

The beautiful sea

For colorful flowers 

I can stare at for hours

file:///C:DOCUME~12040385LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image005.wmz" target="_blank">file:///C:DOCUME~12040385LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image005.wmz">Thank you

For all my ears can hear

The waves lapping at the music pier

The school bell ringing

And people singing 

Article posted October 13, 2010 at 11:13 AM GMT-5 • comment (5) • Reads 83

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suehalbert/5084673522/" target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/suehalbert/5084673522/" title="lighhouse illustrations 018 by sue halbert, on Flickr">lighhouse illustrations 018

The Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse is not on an island, it is on a breakwater. A breakwater is a barrier to break the impact of waves to protect the harbor. In 1902 the Rockland Breakwater light was built out of brick and wood. The color of the lighthouse is brown and white. Did you know that the characteristic of the light is that it is flashes white every 5 seconds? Also the lighthouse was never rebuilt. They turned the lighthouse in to a museum. Rockland Breakwater Light is 25 feet tall. The nearest city is Rockland, Maine. It cost $30,000 dollars to build the first lighthouse in 1902. People caught lobsters by the lighthouse. This lighthouse does have a foghorn. A float and ramp were put in the lighthouse in 2003. Did you learn anything about my lighthouse?

I am a third grader who’s 9 years old. My favorite sport to play is field hockey. I like left wing the best! In the winter I play basketball. Art is fun! I take art classes at repining fine arts where my aunt did. In my family I have a twin brother and two younger brothers. Riding my bike is something I love to do with my brothers. I love the beach!!!!! My favorite colors are purple, blue, green, pink and turquoise. That’s all about me!!!