Copyright (c) 2014 by Molly Parks Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Molly Parks -- Blogmeister

My terrific blog site

3H 2010-11

by Molly Parks

teacher: Sue Halbert

Article posted June 15, 2011 at 12:24 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 127

A Crazy Vacation to Honolulu

By: Molly Parks

Chapter One Arriving

“Have you packed all your stuff?” asked Sarah’s mom, Lilly.

“Yes, mom,” Sarah answered-like she was annoyed- back. Sarah is a 10 year old 4th grader who loves to make her friends laugh and she can sometimes be a little trouble maker! Her mother Lilly was so nice and pretty with long dark black hair. Sarah’s dad Mike was behind them.

“I’ll get the luggage,” He volunteered. They split up and Sarah’s dad went to the baggage claim and Sarah and her mom went to find a taxi. Immediately, a cab pulled up.

“Come on dad,” Sarah yelled to him.

Mike, Mr. Kane, came over and the Kanes hopped in the taxi.

“Aloha,” said the taxi driver, “Welcome to Honolulu!”

“Thank you,” Mrs. Kane said back kindly.

“MMMM,” Sarah said as she took a deep breath, “It smells like Coconuts, Pineapples, and Mangos!”

“Here you go,” said the cab driver as he was handing them a beautiful handmade, multi-colored, flowered lei.

“Thank you,” said Mrs. Kane, again!

“Let’s go,” said Sarah’s dad impolitely.

“We need to stop for food,” said Lilly as the cab driver parked at the entrance of the Fantastic Food super market.

Five minutes later, “Come on mom ,” Sarah said “Come on dad, let’s go!”

“We’re coming,” they said as they opened the doors to the cab.

Chapter Two Disasters at the Beach

“Finally,” whined Sarah, “We are here!”

Mrs. Kane paid the taxi driver and got their bags out of the trunk. Sarah sprinted into “The Hotel of Hawaiian Waves” leaving her mom and dad trailing behind.

After they were all inside, Sarah’s mom checked them into the hotel. Sarah skipped over to the elevator while her mom and dad were holding hands and walking over.

Sarah didn’t really take time to notice how beautiful the hotel really was. She now saw the cream-painted ceiling with the gold- colored glass chandelier. Then her eyes glared at hand-woven horse hair sofa and the silk chair. Then, (seemed like forever) her parents came over.

“Ready to go up?” asked Lilly. Sarah nodded. They stepped into the elevator and went up to their room.

About an hour later Sarah and her family arrived at a beach side restaurant, called, well, The Beach Side Place. At The Beach Side Place you take out food and eat it on the beach.

“Can I please have a hot dog?” Sarah asked the waitress.

“Absolutely!’ answered the waitress named Jennifer. Mrs. and Mr. Kane finally ordered. Then about 2 minutes later, the waitress brought the food.

The Kane family walked outside on the beach. Sarah sat down on the beach and opened her chocolate milk. She picked up her hot dog. All of sudden, Sarah saw a shadow, the shadow had two wings and it was moving closer. Then, SWOOOOOOOOOP! A gargantuan seagull swooped down and ate her hot dog and then her milk spilled. “Wow,” gasped Sarah. Everything went silent.

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://! A wave splashed on Mr. Kane. He spit out a lobster and least ten ounces of water.

“Can we leave?” Sarah said.

“Sure, but I have to pay,” said Lilly.

“Honey, I don’t think we have to pay,” said Mike, “Everything went wrong!”

“I’m sorry about that,” the waitress said, “this whole meal is free on account of awkward consequences.”

“Yah!” yelled Sarah, “Aloha! This is awesome!”

“I don’t have to pay,” said Mr. Kane.

The family hopped back in the car and drove back to the hotel. They took the elevator up and Sarah watched Nickelodeon for hour. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” screamed Mike as he was in the shower.

“Sorry, dad,” said Sarah, “I needed to tinkle!”

“It’s okay!”

Mrs. Kane giggled as Sarah came out of the bathroom.

Two hours passed and it was 9:00. Sarah went to bed wondering that hopefully tomorrow would be better than today!

THE END!

Article posted April 12, 2011 at 03:11 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 84

Article posted April 6, 2011 at 12:35 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 46

Article posted February 22, 2011 at 02:14 PM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 83

Article posted January 25, 2011 at 03:54 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 51

You can enter the text of your blog here!

Article posted January 5, 2011 at 02:43 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 129

My School New Year’s Resolution

My School New Year’s Resolution is to pass level 4 and level 5 in Study Island. I want to pass Study Island because it is a bit of a challenge for me. To accomplish it I’ll work very hard. Also, I’ll try to get every answer by going to get a clipboard for every problem. Another strategy is, I’ll double cheek before I type in the answer. That’s My School New Year’s Resolution. Could you tell me yours?   

Article posted November 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 68

Thanksgiving

By: M.P

[LINK]">Thank you

For all my hands can hold

And on Thanksgiving day it is warm and cold.

Family treats and basketball

And hug my mom and dad (who are very tall).

[LINK]">

Thank you

For all my eyes can see

Like me in the mirror looking back at me

Mash potatoes, turkey and stuffing

And no one puff puffing!

Thank you

[LINK]">For all my ears can hear

And being tolled my cousins are near!

Children playing having fun

Laughing under the bright sun!  

Article posted October 13, 2010 at 11:13 AM GMT-5 • comment (5) • Reads 63

lighhouse illustrations 017

When you are in Vinalhaven, Maine and it is very foggy outside and every ten seconds you will hear a loud horn blast. That is coming from Brown’s Head Light. In 1832 Brown’s Head was transferred to Vinalhaven. By 1987 it was one of the last lighthouses in Maine to be automated. The lighthouse is on top of a house, and the person who lives in the light house is the town manager. No one is allowed on the property without permission. Brown’s Head Light is made out of bricks. In 1932, it costed $4,000.00 to build this lighthouse. The lighthouse is 20 feet high, and the focal plane 39 feet. That means it shines That was some tips on my lighthouse.

Hi I am in third grade, and I like to play soccer. My favorite position to play is mid-field. I like Ice-cream and Mac + Cheese. One of my favorite play dates is to make chain reactions. I also like going to Phillies games. My favorite players are Polonco, Ruiz and Valdez.