Copyright (c) 2014 by Kyra Orem Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Kyra Orem -- Blogmeister

My super site

3H 2010-11

by Kyra Orem

teacher: Sue Halbert

Portland Head Light
http://www.flickr.com/photos/suehalbert/5084078573/" title="lighhouse illustrations 016 by sue halbert, on Flickr">lighhouse illustrations 016

Have you ever wanted to learn about Portland Head light in Cape Elizabeth Maine? If, so it’s your lucky day. Cape Elizabeth Main was built in 1791. Stone with brick lining is what it was built out of. The height of the tower is 80 feet, tall and that’s taller than my house. The lighthouse flash’s white every four seconds. It does have a fog horn. The light house is white and black and kind of looks like a farm. The focal planes height is 101 ft. The government gave the people that made the lighthouse $750.00 and then gave them $1500.00 that adds up to $2250 to build Portland Head Light. Portland Head Light was the first lighthouse on the coast of Maine and the thirteenth on the Atlantic coast. In the 18th century Maine was part of Massachusetts. I really enjoyed exploring lighthouses.

Article posted October 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM • comment (4) • Reads 43 • see all articles

I am a third grade student that love school and loves art. I mostly enjoy art because I can express myself. Even more I love my family.