Copyright (c) 2014 by Autumn Egan Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Autumn Egan -- Blogmeister

AE's quest

3H 2010-11

by Autumn Egan

teacher: Sue Halbert

[LINK]" title="lighhouse illustrations 006 by sue halbert, on Flickr">lighhouse illustrations 006

Did you know Owls Head Lighthouse is built under a hill? It is only 30 feet tall but the rock that it stands on is 100 feet above sea level. No one knows how Owl’s Head got its name. Some say it looks like an owl’s head from the water. The first lighthouse keeper was named Isaac Sterns only made 350 dollars per year. In 1989 they replaced the mirrors with a Fresnel lens. The Owl’s Head Lighthouse is very small and is made out of brick and mortar. This lighthouse is white at the bottom and black at the top with a spiral staircase. Owl’s Head Lighthouse is located west Penobscot, Maine. I enjoyed learning about Owls Head Lighthouse and I hope you did too!

Article posted October 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM • comment (4) • Reads 285 • see all articles

I am a third grader in 3-H and I am 8. Gymnastics is my favorite sport. I am a member of a Gymnastics team called JOGA. Level 7 is my level.