Copyright (c) 2014 by Autumn Egan Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Autumn Egan -- Blogmeister

AE's quest

3H 2010-11

by Autumn Egan

teacher: Sue Halbert

Article posted June 13, 2011 at 01:46 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 270

By Autumn Egan

Chapter 1

Have you ever thought if you got everything you wanted you would not need anything else? Well you’re wrong W-R-O-N-G wrong! I have everything I want and it’s not fun! My dad is the creator of Beckham Software. The life of a billionaire’s daughter was fun, but now I’m 13 and bored sick of getting everything I want. All I really need is a friend. By the way, my name is Julia Beckham. I have no mom and no friends. All I have is a boring selfish dad!

Chapter 2

I wish I could just live a life of an ordinary girl living in a small house, going to a public school and having a normal life.

That’s it! I’m running away from this life! Bang! The screen door slammed on the butler, as I ran out the door. I galloped down the U shaped driveway, gravel slipping in my socks. I knew I wasn’t going to make it too far in a pink satin dress with pink bows arranged across the brim of the dress ballet flats and a headband on my head.OWW!

I slammed into something that looked like a stout short tree and blacked out. When I woke up, I found myself on a cedar bunkbed with a black bag of ice plopped on my head. When I sat up, I peered slowly around the cabin, I thought of how much of a dump this is! Clothing scattered around the floor, heaps of trash bags piling up in a corner of the room. All of a sudden, a cluster of children rushed in with artwork and bugs in their hands. Then I thought, oh great, my dad did not want me anymore, so he sent me to a camp that I would have to stay at forever! Then I realized that if I stay here I would have friends and fun things to do! That was when I knew I found my home, my real home.

It turns out I did stay at that camp forever and my dad never came looking for me! I don’t care! I have many friends and Joan, she’s like our mom except even better!

I thought to myself, this is the best thing that’s happened to me and turned out the light.

Article posted April 12, 2011 at 12:14 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 133

Article posted April 6, 2011 at 12:42 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 77

Article posted February 22, 2011 at 11:54 AM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 136

Article posted January 25, 2011 at 04:01 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 78

Article posted November 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 107

Thanksgiving                                                                              

By AE

Thank you

For all my hands can hold

Like holding little ducks in the cold

Yummy sushi                                                                         

Warm naan  

Swimming in a great pond                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Thank you

For all my eyes can see

Like little girls in a tree

Pretty flowers

Story tales 

Happy faces

Little snails

My dog Chester wagging his tail

Thank you

For all my ears can hear

Like laughing when I’m in fear

The waves rolling in from the tide

Loud places where I can hide

Talking laughing

And the gentle wings of a butterfly

Article posted October 13, 2010 at 11:13 AM GMT-5 • comment (4) • Reads 411

lighhouse illustrations 006

Did you know Owls Head Lighthouse is built under a hill? It is only 30 feet tall but the rock that it stands on is 100 feet above sea level. No one knows how Owl’s Head got its name. Some say it looks like an owl’s head from the water. The first lighthouse keeper was named Isaac Sterns only made 350 dollars per year. In 1989 they replaced the mirrors with a Fresnel lens. The Owl’s Head Lighthouse is very small and is made out of brick and mortar. This lighthouse is white at the bottom and black at the top with a spiral staircase. Owl’s Head Lighthouse is located west Penobscot, Maine. I enjoyed learning about Owls Head Lighthouse and I hope you did too!

I am a third grader in 3-H and I am 8. Gymnastics is my favorite sport. I am a member of a Gymnastics team called JOGA. Level 7 is my level.