Copyright (c) 2014 by Willem deKluyver Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Willem deKluyver -- Blogmeister

Happy Go Lucky!

3H 2010-11

by Willem deKluyver

teacher: Sue Halbert

Article posted June 10, 2011 at 11:11 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 49

By  Willem deKluyver

RAP, RAP, RAP, Professor Butterfinger entered the cave where he was building his time travel watch.  He was busy building a time travel watch so he could travel back in time.

“Please hand me the screw from the cabinet in the kitchen!”  he asked his helper.  The Professor was carefully pressing two wires together when ZAP he got an electrical shock.  His hair got static, stuck up, and burned on the ends.

A wire started to jiggle and the whole time travel watch exploded KABOOM!  This made the watch send him to France in 1999, which is not when the Statue of Liberty was being built.  He looked down and saw that the time travel watch was on his wrist and not broken!

He begins to set the watch to the right year, but instead of sending him to France, it sent him to Italy.  The Professor notices he is not in France.  He has to reset the watch again.  Finally, he lands in France in 1885.

He is so excited about seeing the Statue of Liberty being built.  The builders take him up into the crown of the Statue.  He sees the metal that was used to build the Statue.

“WOW!  This Statue is amazing!” he said to one of the builders.  He went back down to the base of the Statue.  He saw what he set out to see and now it was time to go home. 

“Well, I guess I should get back to Canada.  I need to get ready for my next adventure.”  He keys in the code on his watch to go back home and returns to his cave to prepare for his next adventure to Italy.

Article posted April 12, 2011 at 04:24 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 32

Article posted April 12, 2011 at 01:49 PM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 41

Article posted February 22, 2011 at 02:30 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 51

Article posted January 25, 2011 at 01:02 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 33

You can enter the text of your blog here!

Article posted January 5, 2011 at 02:42 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 39

My School New Year’s Resolution is to learn my double one math facts. I will accomplish this by counting numbers. I could also practice the facts by using tiles. Lastly, I can memorize the facts.

Article posted November 24, 2010 at 10:06 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 45

Thanksgiving

By Wd

Thank you

For all my hands can hold

My kitten when I am cold

My dad’s warm hand

My stuffed dog, Snow

Thank you,

For all my eyes can see

Squirrels scurrying to build their nest

The beautiful changing colors in the trees

Pumpkin pie baking in the oven

Thank you

For all my ears can hear

The wind blowing in my ear

The sound of a motor running

The leaves whispering in the trees

Article posted October 13, 2010 at 11:15 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 53

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suehalbert/5084670026/" target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/suehalbert/5084670026/" title="lighhouse illustrations 005 by sue halbert, on Flickr">lighhouse illustrations 005

Cape Neddick Light is a lucky lighthouse! NASA chose to take a picture of the Cape Neddick Light on board Voyager II. The lighthouse was built out of cast iron lined with brick in 1879 in York, Maine. The light was never rebuilt and the lantern room is one of the most complete of the Maine lighthouses. Cape Neddick Light is also called Nubble Light. Nubble Light has a light and a foghorn. The light is red for six seconds and black for six seconds. The foghorn blasts once every ten seconds. I enjoyed learning about Cape Neddick Light. I hope you did too.

I am 8 and I know how to ride a bike. I go food shopping with my daddy. I like to play in my attic with my dolls. I also like to go to Phillies games with my family. I like to go to my Nana’s house to play basketball.