Copyright (c) 2014 by Giancarlo Chelotti Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Giancarlo Chelotti -- Blogmeister

Some of gc's favorite things to do !

3H 2010-11

by Giancarlo Chelotti

teacher: Sue Halbert

[LINK]" title="lighhouse illustrations 004 by sue halbert, on Flickr">lighhouse illustrations 004

West Quoddy Head Light is really cool, and it has red and white stripes. It looks like a barber shop pole and is attached to a house. West Quoddy Head Light was built in 1808 and was made of brick. President Jefferson wanted it to be built. West Quoddy Lighthouse was given one of the first fog bells. West Quoddy use to have a fog cannon to warn mariners away from dangerous rocks near the tower. In 1853 it was rebuilt and in 1869 a Daboll trumpet fog whistle was installed in place of the earlier bells. The blast was like a steam locomotive. I had fun learning about West Quoddy Head Light you will too !

Article posted October 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM • comment (3) • Reads 539 • see all articles

Hi I am 8 and I am in 3rd grade. My favorite food is Chinese. I like to collect baseball cards. Baseball is very fun for me. The Phillies are my favorite baseball team!