Copyright (c) 2014 by Doreen Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Doreen -- Blogmeister

[2010]

Our Vision: Together we will develop & sustain an effective e-Learning community, maximising the potential the 21st century learner.
My Goals:
1. To strengthen understandings, infusing e-Learning to enhance both the teaching and learning process.
2. To make effective use of innovative resources enhancing future capability through inquiry learning.

by Doreen

teacher: Lorraine Watchorn, New Zealand

Article posted May 19, 2011 at 01:21 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 47

To Blog Is the Answer! 

If the same can be achieved using pen and paper then pen and paper should be used. Technology allows us to do more than pen and paper. Blogging is such a tool. 

Blogging allows us to interact with a community of learners and experts - stretching beyond our physical boundaries. 

Blogging is a tool that many people are using outside of school. We are learning how to use blogs safely and constructively for learning not merely socially.

Learning is social. Blogging aloows us to learn from others and makes us so much more aware because we know others may read it.  

Blogging allows us to develop as digital citizens. 

“there is something that happens to a person when they hit that "publish" button - you cross a threshold - you move from consumer to producer - you put your intellectual neck on the line and I really think that you aren't the same person after that.” (Mark Oehlert)

It takes courage to blog and more courage to get started. Many people are scared. This is a normal feeling when coming across something new. However if those who feel like this were to justify why they are simply writing in a book rather than blogging I am sure they will see the reasoning to blog more clearly. Who will read what they write otherwise? Who will offer feedback? Blogging offers a greater opportuntiy for these two aspects. 

Blogging is about writing for a real audience. Writing in a book at school is seldom read by anyone else.

Wriitng in a book at school is about practicing writing only, about using the right spelling, punctuation. It is not really about writing to be read. Blogging incorporates writing for a real audience and being aware of how we write, how it will be read.  

What better way to learn how to interact with others in our global world than by taking the plunge and blogging under the expertise and guildelines from our class teacher and haivng an audience that real and responsive.  

To Blog Or Not to blog Is No longer the Question. We live in a digital world, and can learn alongside our digital collaegues. We can slso share our learning and thinking and others can learn from us.  

The world has changed. Learning trhough technology is the only way to learn in today's world!

Article posted May 18, 2011 at 01:06 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 32

I used DoppleMe to create my avatar.

This is safer than adding my own photo.