Copyright (c) 2015 by Lynmore School Council Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

Lynmore School Council-

Council

A big group of people with big hearts helping people all around the world by fundraising. Committed to working together to help others.

by Lynmore School Council

Article posted July 16, 2015 at 11:03 PM GMT • comment • Reads 142

One of our Dads, did the skytower challenge. He ran up the 1000 steps to raise funds for Leukaemia and Blood cancers. We have some students with this condition at present. We dressed up, or wore mufti ...one class came in their onesies! We raised $700.00 for Stu to put towards money raised by all on the guys and gals that did the challenge.

We think you are amazing Stu Lyall and we want to congratulate you for your commitment and hard work in completing the skytower challenge.

WW.

On behalf of council

Article posted June 17, 2015 at 05:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 138

Unfortunately, our council did not get up and running in Term 1 of this year, but we are here now and we are all raring to go. For the last 2 weekly meetings we elected a Chairperson, deputy chair, 2 secretaries and 4 treasurers. We will be looking for some bloggers to up date this site and keep you all in the know of what is going on at our school.

W.W.

Staff member in charge of council

Article posted December 16, 2014 at 02:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 1438

The bell has just rung, to tell us that this 2014 school year, is all over Red Rover! Phew! We made it!

The year 6s have been farewelled. The much coveted McNamara Trophy for the all round student went to the Chairperson of the council, Didi. He was a worthy recipient and was quietly pleased with his accomplishments.

Congratulations to the other councillors in the year 6 team, who now move to the next step in their educational ladder.

We can reflect on a super, talented, smart and delightful group of young people, some of whom are destined to soar with the eagles, of that I`m sure. To be part of their journey, is why I do what I do.

Farewell year 6s, especially those who were in the council and who guided us through a busy year of activities.

Carpe diem.

W.Watson:)

Today, Friday 21 November, is our "Come as you like day".   We are allowed to wear anything we choose.   A lot of students are wearing pink, as a tribute to Breast Cancer patients and some of the money will go towards supporting those with Breast cancer.   The other focus is to raise funds for children living with cancer.Thankyou Lynmore community again, for your amazing support.

WWatson

Article posted November 6, 2014 at 05:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 337

Today we got a email and a phone-call from the organiser of a special needs kids foundation. They were wondering if we could raise money for two tickets ($50 each) for a Christmas Party.

Lynmore raised $610 on Odd Shoe Day.

Councillor should ask their buddy class/s if they have any sick brother or sister. Don't pester them if they don't want to tell (personal issue).

Mrs Watson will book a time to have the computers so we can go on the council blog.

The emu trail is being held. The emu trail is when students walk in a line and pick up rubbish around school grounds.

Councillors will clean the drinking fountains. The camera is available to take before and after pictures.

Council will be having a Secret Santa. $5 max.

Remind students not to go in gardens.

Ask our buddy class/s is they have any fundraiser ideas.

Danielle Lepa, blogger

Great news!    We have raised $600.00 for Odd Shoe day to go to Camp Quality, to help children living with cancer.   The camps are held twice a year in different places in NZ.   We had a very successful mufti-day and odd shoe day here at Lynmore school, last term.

Well done Lynmore school community.  You are fantastic and your help is so appreciated.   Trouble is, we never tell you or show you enough times.

Wendy Watson

Blogger.

30.10.14

Article posted August 28, 2014 at 05:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 995

There is going to be an Odd Shoe Day on Friday 12th September fundraising Camp Quality; a camp were very sick children get to have fun and forget about their disabilities.

We raised a whopping $712 last mufti day. A big thanks on behave of Diabetes Rotoura for bringing in your donation, who got $512 of they money.The other $200 will go to Laura Waldon and Willow Smith for trampolining ($100 each).

We have organised petrol vouchers worth $200 for families with unwell children who have to drive quite a way to hospitals like Star Ship.

We hopefully will clean/paint the swear words and rude pictures of the Middle School Playground tunnel. Also we have been told there is a ladder broken on the Senior Playground so The Super Council will be looking for someone to fix that.

WE HAVE RAISED $2498 THIS YEAR!

Aloooot of money has been donated throughout this year. Give your self a pat on the back if you have donated your fair share.

A lot of things was discussed this meeting, but give us ideas to talk about if you want.

Danielle Lepa, Blogger

(Look out for the friendship bench flag if you don't have anyone to play with)

Article posted August 12, 2014 at 05:44 AM GMT • comment • Reads 473

Change your frequency to Radio Lynmore Live 107.5 FM, Lynmore School's super swag radio station.

Listen to the latest tunes, awesome segments and get the latest details about our school and odd news. If you already listen, make sure you stay tuned.

Comment your birthday if you want a super cool shout-out. If you have been listening tell if you enjoy what you hear. Let us know what songs we could play on the radio and we could potentially play it!!

Connor and Danielle, Council Bloggers and Radio DJs!

Article posted July 23, 2014 at 08:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 461

The Super Council discussed fundraiser ideas. Miss Watson (TIC) had two ideas for mufti day already and we are deciding about which to choose.

The choice's are:

1) Ma Higgins owner, has a son who has very bad diabetes. To help him and others with diabetes, we were thinking of doing a mufti day in support of them.

2) To raise money for the SPCA we were thinking of participating in their annual cupcake day. The school would bake cupcakes and sell them at the school.

Those are the options, to help decide you could comment your opinion, or put a note in the suggestion box, located in the Library.

We are having an Odd Shoe day fundraising children with cancer; so they can go to a camp were they can do fun activities.

The Council are thinking of setting up a litter group were they pick up rubbish around the school.

Danielle Lepa Blogger

Article posted July 21, 2014 at 08:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 303

An amazing twelve to thirteen hundred dollars has been raised throughout the year so far!

Thanks to all the money you guys fundraised, it is all sent to many kinds of charities.

First place talent quest winners will not be performing during community this week, but hopefully during the first week of term three. Second place hasn't been arranged to perform in front of the school, so the Super Council will be getting back to you about that.

The dance group 291, grabbed 1st place meaning they will be dancing in front of the Mish Mash

crew. Times haven't been set.

The school unfortunately wont be selling bandannas this year.

By Danielle Lepa, Blogger

YoWindow.com Forecast by yr.no