These word problems are using the 2 and 4 times tables, which has been our focus this week in our maths groups. Have a try. They get a bit harder as you go along. Maybe you could put some on your own blog page?
* Five people line up and buy two iceblocks each. How many were sold altogether?
* Seven boxes were sitting on the shelf. Each box had 4 packets of socks inside. How many socks were there altogether?
* Jane had ten roses bushes in her garden. Each rose bush had four flowers on it. How many flowers did Jane have altogether?
* If there were 12 cheetahs in a cage and each cheetah ate four pieces of steak a night, how many steak would they need? How many for two nights?
* I have a collection of matchbox cars. Each box has 15 cars in and there are 4 boxes altogether. How many cars are there in my collection?