Article posted August 28, 2012 at 03:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 81

This is my Picture book and I have been working on this to put into a competition.

Article posted August 24, 2012 at 01:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

This is my Shadow Art below, I hope you like it.

ImageFra.me

Article posted August 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

We have been practising using different sentence structures for our writing of our pirate narratives.

Below are some of my practise sentences and paragraphs using these structures.

One stormy dark gustling night the pirates were getting ready to go into war. They boisterously and thunderously yelled at eachother in disgrace. All the pirates parachuted, bounced and lurched onto eachothers' ships to battle. They yelled at different stations like, fire the cannon, send the bombs and ATTACK!

The pirates destroyed things like ladders, ropes, sails,the steering wheel and most importantly THE TREASURE CHESTS!

Clownish, Childish or Immature- Which one of these would describe a pirates behaviour?

Angrily- The pirates angrily fighted and attacked the other pirates.

Article posted June 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

SpongeBob

Spongebob has a yellow rectangle shaped body and it is like a big yellow sponge but with holes that look like a digger has been it. He has ginormous blue eyes, he also wears ankle high socks with beg toed shoes and pants as high as a cliff.

Spongebob likes to work at the Krusty Krab as a chef and makes Kiabbie Paddies.

He likes to hang out with his friends Patrick and Squidward but he also likes to catch jellyfish in the jellyfish fields as well.

Spongebob hates being alone and he also hates when people make fun of him. Spongebob’s goal is to become one of the best chefs in Bikini Bottom and his weakness is him getting tickled.

This is my Tricky Tricycle Art and my Reflection is below.

Article posted April 27, 2012 at 06:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

Once upon a time there was a girl called Izzy and she had magical powers. Her power was nature and she was disguised as Mother Nature to. So in winter when she wanted Blossoms she would put Blossoms on the trees that she wanted. Sometimes when she was angry she would make all of the leaves shake like a thunderstorm off the branches and the leaves would fall on the ground like leaves flowing in the river. She sometimes would put Mushrooms and Daisys in the grass if she was happy and very occasionally a drizzle of rain and end with a Rainbow. When she felt sleepy she would make a new tree( Very occasionally ) . Mother Nature would make a tree fall down when she wanted to move furniture because it made a ruckus sound. That was how Mother Nature did her weather plan.

By Georgia Rendall

Article posted April 27, 2012 at 01:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

Modigliani

Introduction.

Modigliani is a famous artist who made his own amazing style of art. He usually did elongated necks, faces and noses and shoulders to the edge of the page.

His Early Years

He was born on July 12th 1884, Livorno, Itlay. As a child he suffered from pleurisy and typhus, which prevented him from conventional education. The outbreak of WW 1 increased the difficulties for his life.

His Painting Styles

A find example of his figure paintings is a reclining nude in 1919 at Guggenheim Muesuem he had an interesting arrangement with planes and curved lines.

Exhibitions and Paintings.

In 1909 he met a Romanian sculptor, Constain Brancusi about African sculpturing. In Paris he came interested in post impressionists paintings by Paul Cezanne. In 1908 he exhibited 5 –6 paintings at Salon De Independents.

Summary

Modigliani is acknowledged as one of the most significant and original artists of his time. Sadly his death came though on January 24th 1920 at Paris, France.

We have been looking at a famous artists style of art and we did our own peice of art in the style of Modigliani.

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 01:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

This is my reflection for Happy Feet and Happy Hands

One Sunny Hot Day there was Ripwake sleeping. Then Suddenly Whiplash walks into Ripwake's House. She put poison in her to make her bleed. When Ripwake woke up and her nose was bleeding. Her nostels where wide open. Her lips where Shacking like bunny rabbits jumping. Then Whiplash walked in and then started fighting Ripwake. Whiplash has 3 whips and 6 guns. Ripwake can do all kind of flips and tricks. Then suddenly a flash of light made Whiplash good like Ripwake. Whiplash and Ripwake become best friends. Ripwake taught Whiplash all of her physical flips and tricks. One day they came to a Haunted House and meet a GHOST! Zoombies were chasing them. Vampires were trying to suck their blood. Then suddenly, crack! They both died.

By Georgia Rendall

Room11

2010 17th November.

Article posted November 16, 2010 at 01:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

My heart is booming with excitement. Training with might. Bursting to do the Production. Working hard to make the dance perfect. When I went to Auckland, I was so disappointed. I was so angry because I had missed 3 performances. It was so annoying because I wanted to do it so much. When I woke up I went ot school. Finally it's the day. I'm so stoked. I'm just bursting with so much excitement. I can't concerntrate becasue I am looking forward to it so much. I lead the class into the hall. We are the last ones to walk in. The class dances to 'Freak Out". I am so scared. Our class is second to do our dance. We walk out on the song "Cartoon Heroes". I lead them on the stage and walk them out the stage. I always get scared when I go on the stage and do our splendid class dance. I'm a police man. I have got a real police hat and shirt. My teeshirt is blue and my pants are black. My step brother, Tyler, Juanita, Aimee and my Dad are coming to watch me.I'm hoping it is going to be a splendid night tonight.

Suddenly a pocket sized flash of light struck and Whiplash walked out. She had glazing pink, purple and blue bright boots. She is 5 foot 8. Whiplash has shiny, luscious, golden hair. Suddenly a lightning bolt struck in her blue, Sparkly eyes. Her T-Shirt is like a fat snake going up and down 5 times.

When we all got into the lines. A few minutes later the boys went running. 10 minutes later the girls came up to the starting line. I was so nervous. My Dad was looking at me with a Jubilant smile. BOOM!there where people cheering, yellng, and screaming. Finally we were on Larcy Rd people were starting to slow down. On the way I met a friend down the stairs.Once we were on the soccer field we saw Mrs Randall. Through the gate to Waitawa Bush on the way I saw Dad and Mrs Richardward. Short cutting through out the gate. On the way I saw Mrs Dobson taking a picture of me. Finally I was sprinting hard out with sweat sprinting to the finish I DID IT! I was 6th and the first girl in the class.