Copyright (c) 2014 by Mike Dalton Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mike Dalton -- Blogmeister

5th Hour

This site is dedicated to the further development of the literature cannon. Your books are your research. This site is our round-table. Our conversations are the purpose. The Articles below are examples of the articles that will be expected of your book's site. If I have embeded a movie or a picture (or a blabber), you by no means have to, but your creativity and internet savvy are most definitely encouraged. Keep all material as appropriate as you would for any class project though. If you need help with HTML - I have included a link on the left column that could be a great help! I look forward to your book's pages. Have FUN with this!

by Mike Dalton

teacher: Brad Ross

The two literary elements that I chose to use for this book are, simile and foreshadowing. First, the simile is, "The green river water was as smooth as glass." This is comparing the smoothness of the river water to glass using "as". The excerpt for the book for foreshadowing is, "That day, I vowed to myself that I would never, ever again give that b**ch the satisfaction of hearing me beg her to stop beating me." This is saying that in the future, David is not going to beg his mother to stop beating him, because if he does, it makes her feel good about herself.

Article posted May 16, 2010 at 06:59 PM • comment • Reads 39 • see all articles