Copyright (c) 2014 by Shinae D Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Shinae D -- Blogmeister

Shinae's Blog!!!!!!!!

Area 7

World Time - Drag your mouse to see the time in other places. In Area 7 we like to give everything a go especially new ideas that might look difficult at first.We are using this blog to publish some of our writing, to post from home and to record some of our learning at school. We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by Shinae D

teacher: Jane Lowe

Article posted September 28, 2012 at 04:59 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 312

On the 25th of September 2012 we had a school learning journey if you don't know what a learning journey is then you will find out right here on my blog. A learning Journey is when you take your parents to the school and you show them your work on what youv'e done so far in school but you don't have to show them every thing but just some of your work that you would like to show them. Our school has a learning journey once a year but it's not at the very start of the year it's usally near the end of the year. At the Learning Journey we had a book fair that was held in the libary I got a book and a eraser which is the shape of the phone. I like Learning Journey's because it's just good to show your parents your classroom and show them your work and it's good to hear someone say that your work is good. And i'm sure you all do a great job at your work.

Article posted September 25, 2012 at 07:59 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 90

On the 11th of september we had a school carnival there was a faction bay march blue were the first people to walk. I came first in 100m running I didn't do very well in the 400m running I was so puffed out. I'm in blue faction my best friend Emily did really good I was really proud of myself that i got a first in 100m running. There was an amazding! Cake stall I liked the chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing and hundreds and thousands. I came 2nd in the relay with all the other year 5s and 2nd in chess pass with also the other year 5s and last of all 2nd in leader ball with the other year 5s. You could order your own lunch. Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Article posted August 29, 2012 at 06:46 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 79

On the 22nd Of august 2012 we went on and excurision to The West Australian's Newspapers and it was so cool I learnt lots of new things. There were these robot things called the GCB'S every 8 hours they have to go to there charging area they are pretty big There is a photo of one down the bottom of the page it shows them all charging. Ther were 3 tour guade's that showed us around but we got put in seprete groups I was with a tour guide called Jill she was really nice they had to talk through this thing that goes around there ear and it has a speaker thing so we could hear her. There were big and loud machines so we had ear plugs that we had to put in our ear mine kept falling out so i had to hold it in but the machines wern't actully that loud. Some mums came with us. We went on buses to get there and back. We saw big piles of newspaper on the groud. Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing <

Article posted August 24, 2012 at 04:14 PM GMT+9 • comment (1) • Reads 91

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Article posted August 8, 2012 at 05:41 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 75

Friendship is very important to some people Sometimes if you have a great friendship with someone you become best friends like me and my best friend called Emily shes a great best friend and wev'e got so many things in common and we both just have the most amazing times together. We both like to do dizzy wizzies we do sometimes get dizzy she always understands me. You don't have to give your friend something to keep your friendship you just need to show it. If your friend is having a hard time than maybe you should be there for him or her sometimes people just don't want to tell other people what there going through. If your friend doesn't want to tell anyone what there going through then don't force them too because that just sometimes makes it worse.

Article posted August 2, 2012 at 07:18 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 72

In our class at school we are learning about the olympics and it's fun we get a booklet called go for gold and it's got all activities in it. I like the olympics because There are lots of events and lots of people from different countries come and compete in lots of sports. And it's best to make th best of the olympics because they only come every 4 years. My fave sport is basketball and swimming so I try to whach as much of swimming and basketball a I can but not all the time. China is on top of the medel tally so so far they have got the most medels. I think the swimmers are doing a good job at thr olympics and good job to all the people who are competing. And it's all of the teams that are doing a great sport. The olympics started on the 27th of july 2012 and they are going to be finishing on the 12th of august 2012. I'm glad the olympics are this year. Although I havn't been whatching the olympics very much.

Article posted July 3, 2012 at 06:32 PM GMT+9 • comment (1) • Reads 82

On the 26 of june 2012 we went on a Gym Bus its for those of you that don't know what that is then I will explain it for you. Its a 2 story big bus with play stuff like rolly polly's and chin ups and going through tunnels and all sorts of things you would do in gymnastics its really high well not super high but you know what I mean. It was good fun my fave bit was up stairs. There was also music which was good. At the end we got a sticker.

Article posted June 28, 2012 at 06:39 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 76

On the 26 of june 2012 we did cross country and the year 5 girls were first but that was kind of a good thing because you can just get it over and done with. The year's that can do are: 2,3,4,5,6,7. You have to do a beep test and the sports teacher have to see what ever you get up to and if its high then thats when you can join it. We had Mcdonalds for lunch which was awsome but it was a really long line. And the people that came 1st 2nd or 3rd then they will be into inter school i think. My best friend came first and i'm so happy for her. And this year was the first time that iv'e done cross country before. Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Article posted June 8, 2012 at 03:31 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 76

Yesterday on the 7th of June we planted chick peas it was so cool. There's this boy in our class and his name is Zac and Zac's Mum came in and told us about what type of plants we will be planting and also about other things. We planted lentils. We did get our hands dirty but it was worth it. Some of the chick peas have grown at our school and others haven't. Everyone helped and did something. I enjoyed it. I really like learning about plants because you will know all the parts of the stems and other interesting facts. Everyone got a turn to plant a seed well not everyone someone was sick and someone was somewhere else.

Article posted June 7, 2012 at 06:46 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 72

When we first started school we got buddies and my buddy was called Erin shes really nice we do lots of things together like art. We got partenered up with year 2s. We are doing this project that is with clay. here I will explain it for you. You have to paint a background of what your going to do like me and my buddy did tennis. you then have to make people out of clay if you are doing people and you need to set them up on your background when youv'e finished it. Then you have to move it a little bit and take a photo then move it again and so on so on then it should turn into a movie.Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

I've got a brother I'm a student in area 7 at Oberthur Primary School i love to read. I like to play on the coumputer.