KRGI

You can enter the text of your blog here!

I think I really learned a lot from when Mr. Gianforte came and taught us about what an astronomer does daily. I never even knew that there even was an outer solar system. But I most definitely did not know that there was so many different planets, that are huge and you can see them through a little telescope. I also learned that the littlest telescope can see pretty far. He taught us about orbits and so many other things.

We had the moon rocks in class.

State- New Hampshire

Region-new England,Northeast

Country-USA

Continent-North America

Hemisphere-Northern,Western

Planet-Earth

Solar System-Sun,Sol

Galaxy-Milky Way

Cluster-Local

Super CLuster-Local

Universe

src="http://www.wordle.net/thumb/wrdl/2392190/rjh"

alt="Wordle: rjh"style="padding:4px;border:1px solid #ddd">

Article posted June 15, 2010 at 12:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

The Rock Cycle

By Gillian Kelley

The way I see the rock cycle is that it all starts with magma. Then all the rock cycles have a little cycle of their own. So magma turns into crystallization which is basically to purify solid compounds, and then from crystallization it turns into igneous rock intrusive and Intrusive is when magma cools down at a very slow pace under the earth's surface. After it goes from crystallization to Intrusive igneous rocks its goes to metamorphic rocks then those rocks start melting and the cycle begins once again! Thats the cycle of the Igneous Rocks. The extrusive igneous rock cycle starts at the extrusive rocks then goes the the metamorphic stage then goes through magma then consolation.

The cycle of metamorphic is a lot similar to the cycle of Igneous rocks. Metamorphic rocks have 2 cycles. 1 is the exact same as the igneous rocks and the other is a longer cycle. So this cycle starts with the metamorphic rocks then it goes to an exposure and uplifting stage. Then it goes to weathering which literally weathering after the weathering part it goes to transportation and deposition then lithification then it goes to sedimentary rocks and after that it goes through a metamorphism stage.

The Sedimentary rocks cycle goes through the same process and stages as metamorphic the only different thing is that it doesn't go through the metamorphism stage.

Science- I made a poster on an Egyptian Rousette Bat. One of its common names is the Egypt fruit bat. On the back of the poster you had to have had 3 paragraphs on specifying what you ha.

Language Arts- I made a African folktale sort of like the mouse and the lion but mine is about an elephant and the lion.

Math-I made a pattern poster with the following translation, Reflection, Rotation. You had to have had those three things on your poster.

Social Studies- We all got assigned countries and I got Sierra Leone. To get a good grade you must pretend that you are actually taking a trip to Africa and you go to the country where you got assigned.

Music- In music we are learning how to play African instruments and some African beats on the drums. We are also writing in our music books what we learn and drawing the pictures of all the instruments.

Technology Education- In tech Ed. We are learning how to make m’bira (thumb piano). My brother made one when he did this project and he played it a lot.

Art- In art I made and African whistle out of clay and then put a design on it. The whistle was quite hard to mold to how it had to be. The designs were really fun to do. I did a zebra design! Black and white is the way to go. Haha, I love art!