MHCA-

by teacher: Rye Alumni

When you think about stocks and the stock market it comes across as boring and an unengaging topic of the business world. The stock market is actually the complete opposite. It's an exciting place where people gamble with luck as well as skill on growing and prospering companies. I have invested in a few stocks, Yamana Gold, Silver Wheaton and Penney Company during an experiment with the lively and ever changing stock market.

I decided to invest in Yamana Gold, Silver Wheaton Company and J.C Penney because I believed they would show the most results and profit throughout the stock market unit. Yamana Gold is a well known mining, extracting and gold processor. I decided to invest over two hundred shares in this stock because it was at a low point and I believed that the gold market was going to increase. I observed that the gold market or gold company market fluctuates frequently from the stocks charts. Since the company I was interested in was in a low I knew it had to increase at some point. My dad recommended I invest in a silver company stock because the silver market was picking up. I invested in this stock as it was increasing. I chose Silver Wheaton Company because the stock had been increasing steadily over the past weeks so I thought it would be a solid long-term stock. I invested in J.C. Penney because the department stores are known to gain money in their stocks over the Holidays and on spring sales. Also this market doesn't fluctuate as much as the other mineral companies and it provides balance in my stocks. I felt that these companies would produce a large profit over the twenty-four weeks I owned them.

After completing this project I would've invested a little differently, if I could do it all over again I would've changed where I invested my money and when I invested. First, I would've changed how much and when I invested. It's very important to invest when a company is having a low. The problem is not all of my companies had a low at the same time. When the market is falling it’s called a bear market. When the market is rising it’s called a bull market. The best time to buy is when the market looks like it’s going from a bear market to a bull market. If I had bought my stocks in between this change I would have made a greater profit. The second thing I would change would be to invest less in two of my stocks and more in one of them. I would invest less in Yamana Gold because it was a steady stock but it didn’t get me as large profit that I though it would’ve. I also would’ve invested less in J.C. Penney because this stock didn’t always profit, it had a few weeks of loss. I would’ve liked to invest more in Silver Wheaton because it made me the greatest profit out of all my stocks. This stock was a risk because I know it could’ve profited or lost my money, but I knew it would rise and profit. If I had taken more of a chance on it I could’ve made a lot more money. I’m glad I had the chance to experiment with stocks, but after doing this experiment there are some things I would’ve done a lot differently.

I would tell future investors to research the stocks their interested in, as well stocks that have a reason for profit. Researching stocks is the most important part of investing. It’s important to look at how the stocks have done over the last weeks and think about how they will do over the weeks that you will own them. You may think a stock is good just by the profit their makings currently, if that’s true, don’t invest in it when it’s having a peak. You will see more results when the stock is bought at a low rather than a high. It’s also important to use your best judgment. Even if you just found your favorite clothing or toy brand, you still have to check if the stock has done well lately and if it’s well known. If an inexpensive stock is predicted to make a lot of money you may want to invest in it. You may be in for the best profits. It’s important to learn what others have to say, but when it comes down to your money follow your instincts.

I hope my experience has taught you about the stock market. That even though it seems to be a place in some big city that only business men work in, you can be a part of it too. The stock market and the thousands of stocks in it are always open for you to invest in if you’d like. Yamana Gold, Silver Wheaton and Penney Company were great choices for me I hope you can be just as fortunate with stocks as I was. Always remember, the stock market is a roller coaster, you’re just along for the ride.

I chose to design my flag of Antarctica this way because of its climate, location and animal life. Half of the flag is yellow and the other half is black. These two colors represent day and night. This is a large part of Antarctica’s culture because a large amount of the year it is either always blindingly sunny out or an endless black. I also put Antarctica its self in the middle because Antarctica is almost a circle around the South Pole, and when you look south side of a globe the windiest, driest and coldest continent appears to be in the center of everything. There are also two penguins in the continent because penguins make up much of Antarctica’s year-round residents. I also used the saying, “Loved by many, home to none.” I created this because many countries have signed a treaty that states that Antarctica will be left the way it is, in its natural form. This means Antarctica is cared for a great deal for by scientists especially, but there are no permanent residents except for the wildlife. Antarctica is a wondrous and mysterious continent and I believe it should be left that way, unclaimed and unknown.

This is a chart of how deep and how long animals in Antarctica can dive under the chilly surface. The purple bars represent how deep the animals can dive in the water. The light green bars represents how long the animals can stay underwater. Using this information you can learn about how different types of animals in Antacrtica interact with their lakes and ocean. This graph shows how long animals can hold their breath and how deep they can travel under the icey surface of the windiest, driest and coldest continent in the world.

This is my illustration of "nat" the latin root word meaning born.

I chose to hide in a tube of brightly colored paper in the back of our art room. I took two pictures to make this image, the first picture I took was of me laying down. The second picture was of the paper tube and in the backround there was more colored paper. After I had these pictures I cut the backround away from the photo of myself and copied it on to the picture of the tube and paper. I tried to make it look like I was laying in the paper. This project allowed everyone to be really creative and I enjoyed working with the cameras.

Your eye has many pieces that help you see. The eye has lashes, an eye lid and a cornea that protect it. Your iris open and closes your pupil which let's light in which goes through your lens which focuses objects.

Cleats dug into the fresh grass, blue jerseys were tucked in, and young faces waited for action. A whistle blew and the game began. Our team had the ball. I stand at my position, left forward, I feel butterflies in my stomach. I see the field in front of me like a valley of opportunity. I stand stiff and nervous. My heart beats fast but so does everyone else. The goes back to the midfielders and I run up with the rest of the offenders to receive the ball. The ball is passed , quick and high. I watch my teammates on the other side of the field. I hurry around to get open but the ball is switching from teams. The game is on and every one wants to win.