LHSA

Stock Market Portfolio

Stocks. Stocks are a world wide gamble in themselves. Luckily, this year in math we never really invested in stocks. We did a stock project this year in math, and we chose three stocks to “invest” in. We learned a lot about how the system works and how to make smart choices when dealing with stocks. In this Essay, I will answer three questions about my stocks, Johnson and Johnson, Kraft Food, and Walt Disney.

The stocks I chose were Johnson and Johnson, Kraft Foods, and Walt Disney Co. I chose these companies because I have used all of their products in the past and have had impressive results. My first company was Johnson and Johnson. I Chose this company because my mom uses their cream and the stock was going up at the time. I also chose this product because it is a very popular product. My second company was Kraft foods. I also chose this company because I like their Mac N' Cheese and pasta, and because a lot of people us have their products.

My last company was Walt Disney. I chose Walt Disney because it is a very popular tourist destination, and it is known world wide.

If I had to make any changes to my stock market portfolio, it would probably be that I wouldn't keep Johnson and Johnson. This is because I lost money investing in this stock, and it only hurt my overall gain. If I were to invest in something other than Johnson and Johnson it would probably be Apple. I would choose apple because other people who used this company made a lot of money off of it. I would defiantly keep Walt Disney. I would keep Walt Disney because I made the most on this company, and I would probably keep going with this company if I could. I would also keep Kraft food s because I made a considerable amount of money off of that company too.

If I had to give advice about stocks to anyone I would probably tell them to know their stocks. Make sure you know what your company does and what it is about. You should research your company before you go in vest in it. And you should also know the beginning price of your stock so that you can time it right to sell it when it's high. I would also tell them to do weekly updates. I would say you should check your stocks every week, report your gains and losses, and record your progress. I would also tell them to stay organized and make sure your dates are correct. And lastly I would tell them to sell the stocks when they are high, and record all of your gains and loses.

So overall stocks are a confusing and complicated system but when handled right, you can make some money. You have to understand that stocks are risky and unreliable, but are sometimes worth the gamble. My stocks did well, I earned over five hundred dollars and now know that if I were to invest in others, I would make sure I knew their background well. So in full I had fun doing my stock project.

This is the Antarctic flag. I chose do make my flag like this because of the large mountainous terrain and the rocky hostile environment. I drew the sun and the moon, because during their winter it is always dark out, and during their summer it is always light out. I chose the color red because of the researchers jackets, I chose blue because of the water, I chose white because of the ice, and I chose black because of the different animals, including penguins.

In science we are learning about Antarctica and the animals that inhabbit it. It the chart below are the diving depths and breath length of each animal.

Snow is basically frozen water. When we get snow its like when it rains except that the air is cold enough to freeze the snow witch turns the rain into small ice crystals. So like you guys get rain a lot we get snow a lot in the winter. But the difference is that unlike rain, that goes into the earth, the snow begins to pile up and we get really large mounds of it. Sometimes there is so much snow we can't even have school because they have to get all the snow off the roads. So like rain before a snow storm the clouds get all dark and then the snow starts to fall.

We get all different types of snow. Some snow is really fluffy and light like a giant pile of leaves, and when you jump into it, you sink right to the ground. This type of snow usually falls straight from the clouds in large ice crystals, or as we call them, snow flakes. But not all snow is like this, some snow is is really wet or sticky. This snow falls really fast and there's a lot of it. This snow packs together really well, so it's the best for making snowmen or for you to throw at your little sister, a nice snowball.

Because snow freezes its very cold and when you go outside during winter you want to bundle up. The snow can reach up to our waists or about three feet tall, so we want to were a lot of different clothing. We were a coat, gloves, a hat, snow pants, and boots. I love to go out in the snow and sled. Sledding is when we take a plastic sheet and find a large hill with a lot of snow on it. We go to the top of the hill and and slid down on the plastic sheet. It's a lot of fun because you can get a lot of speed down the hill. All and all snow is a lot of fun.

I am hiding or more so falling from the shelf after l slipped from my previous hiding place. We have worked on this project for most of the year. I had fun because i learned how to use adobe photoshop during this project.

This is a picture of my eye and as you can see I have labeled the different parts of it.

Article posted November 7, 2004 at 06:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

Space Station and Space Orbiter

I am writing about life on the International Space Station and the space shuttles. Life in space is a lot like life on earth, think of it as a very long different camping trip. Things are needed, such as food, warmth, air, and a comfortable to place to sleep. All of these things are put together to make your tent or your space shuttle. On the orbiter, the name of the shuttle, there are three main components, the two rocket boosters the external tank and the orbiter itself. The orbiter is the only thing that goes up to space, both the rockets boosters and the external tank detach after they are used. The rocket booster are the smaller white rockets on the side and the external tank is big orange one attached to the orbiter. Although the external tank looks like a rocket, it is used to carry fuel for the rocket boosters and orbiter itself.

Living in space is like living on earth except that it is very compact, and you're weightless. The international space station is made up of different sections. Including, the living quarters, lab space, sleeping areas, they even have an exercise machine. But to live you have to breath, and there is no air in space. So in the space station they make their own air. They use a process called electrolysis. This is when they spilt water particles apart. By doing so they release oxygen into the space station so that the astronauts can breath freely.

Eating on the space station is like that on earth. The astronauts and their nutritionists make a calorie goal for each day but otherwise they can eat pretty much anything. When space travel first started the astronauts were limited to certain food but they now can choose from fruit, vegetables, meat, and even candy. To get there water astronauts use a machine that coverts the humidity in the space station to water.

The astronauts must also stay clean while on the space station. They can't take a regular shower due to the weightlessness, so the astronauts have to use rinseless shampoo. The astronauts also have there own personal hygiene kit that contains their certain things such as their toothpaste of choice and other things such as a shaving kit. The astronauts also have to have a place to sleep. Usually they will sleep in the bunks. But if they choose not to, they have to attach themselves to a wall, the floor, or the ceiling to avoid floating randomly around the cabin.

The astronauts spend most of their time working in and outside of the space station. The space station was made for mainly research purposes. They also use it for medical experiments to see how the astronauts body reacts with the weightlessness of space. The work on the outside of the ship is usually to fix a something, work on something, or attach something to the space station. To do so they must have the right clothing and equipment. A space suit is usually made up a helmet and visor, the astronaut's life support system, a liquid cooling garment, gloves, and the astronauts oxygen pack, and other small components that make up the space suit. When working on the outside of the ship the astronaut is attached to a cord so that he or she does not float away.

Although living in space is a little different than that on earth, most of the thing we do the astronauts do up there. From the moment the space shuttle leaves the ground to the moment it touches back down, it is an experience for the astronauts on it to remember. As our race begins to develop, we begin to think of new and more efficient ways of space travel. The United States government is begining to cut funding for space travel and will hand the responsiblities over to large companies. And even though things will change, the drive to attain more knowledge will never go away.