Austin's View

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

teacher: Rob Jacklin

serino102.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/science-ch-51.ppt

It was difficult to find out which powerpoint to pick but I chose the Jeopardy one because it was fun and very easy to learn. Some of the other ones were from highschool but I believe this was an 8th grade presentation. The information was accurate and factitious. All of them had a great amount of truthful facts but some were to advanced.

I think this game helped us usnderstand the Judicial branch because people walked in and ask you if they had a right or not according to the amendment your lawyer specializes in. It was fun but I also learned stuff while doing it!

Article posted January 20, 2011 at 04:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

Mr. Jacklin showed us videos from the CES 2011 convention a while back and 2 things stood out to me.

1.I thought the Razor Switchblade was a clever invetion that many gamers will use in the future. The keyboard adjusts to the game you are playing which means it makes it a lot easier to control.

2.I thought the Credit Card Code thing was also very clever and something that will be used my many in our area and around the world!

When I saw this I was BLOWN AWAY! This was so cool. I think it will be good competition for Google Earth.

Article posted April 7, 2004 at 06:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

Today we watched one of the TED videos. It was about Photosynth and Photosynth basically allows you to zoom in onto pictures and there are an amazing amount of megapixels so it is clear to see. My questions are what inspired TED to make the Photosynth? What things did TED use to make the Photosynth? What will TED do to become the "next step" in technology?

Today my class and I were having a discussion on 3D printing and Augmented Reality. Here is a video explaining how 3D printing works.