Phillies Fan-

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

by teacher: Rob Jacklin

Here is a glog that I made, that is kind of different because it has a Christmas background, about my standards for writing blogs, glogs, comments, etc.

During the process of comparing and contrasting three power points about bacteria, I decided that the first power point was the best one to easily explain what bacteria is and what shapes etc. I compared the power points by looking at them and seeing if they

1. Had pictures

2. If I could understand what they were talking about

3. Gave Basic Information

The main reason that I chose this power point is because it had information that I could understand. It didn't have confusing words and it made sense.  Another presentation that I looked at had an interesting background, but it didn't make sense and they went to deep into what bacteria is. I was just looking for a ten slide power point that explained the basics. 

Power Point 1

Today in technology class, we looked at a virtual tour of the Supreme Court. Based on what the perimeter and the inside of the building, I think that what they do is very serious and important. They have to sit in court and represent them and the person that they are trying to fend for. I would think that they have to be serious and they would have to work really hard. If I were to work there, then I would take it as an honor because the building that they are working in is what many famous people have stood and did the job that they are doing. The statues may mean that it is an important job because there is a statue of you in the building. You would have to be willing to give up your time. There are very expensive things in the offices so they must get paid a lot. Website: http://www.oyez.org/tour

Image Source: Image Source: http://2media.nowpublic.net/images//d8/bb/d8bb422f23dd28d1787dca1caf145e07.jpg" alt="" />

Article posted February 24, 2011 at 12:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

The games at iCivics.org reflected the purpose of the judicial branch because all of the games focused around what happens inside of this branch. It lets you be apart of the court. It reflects what goes on inside the front doors. These games help you understand how important our judicial branch is. I learned that you have to have really goo proof to get the judge to be on your side. You need to be confident and you need to fight; especially in Argument Wars. In Argument Wars, you are given a case and you get to be apart of it. You fight and you give the judge some facts to try to prove that you are right. I think that this game might help me the most with the mock trial that we are doing because I didn't have enough time to play any of the other games and you get to fight to prove your right.

Throughout the winter, Albert Pujols and the St. Louis Cardinals have been trying to work out a contract to replace the one that ended after last season. The Cardinals have suggested a seven year, $275 million dollar contract; this contract ending before his 40th birthday. Albert didn’t like this contract. He thought that he needed a 10 year $300 million dollar contract. The thing that most people thought about during this was “ If Albert is the best player, then he should be paid like he is the best player.” The deadline to agree to a contract is Wednesday, February 16 at noon. This date being the date before he heads on down to Jupiter, Florida for Spring Training. They did not agree on a contract because Albert wanted his 10 year deal, but the Cardinals didn’t want him to sign a contract for that long of a time because he will be 41 at the end of it. One thing to think about is that Stan Musial got awarded the Medal of Freedom on Tuesday February, 15. During the speech that President Barack Obama said about Musial he said, “Stan was the first man to earn $100,000 dollars. Yet he said that he didn’t want that much money because he didn’t play up to his own expectations. Should the Cardinals sign him or will they let him go?

Article posted January 13, 2011 at 03:24 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Which tool that you saw looks like a "stepping stone" technology for the future?

I think that one of the tools that will be a "stepping stone" technology for the future would be the Razor Switchblade because it has gaming and all of the regular stuff that a computer would have. It is small and you could carry it around where ever you go. i think that this will bee in the future because at restaurants and coffee shops there would be little computers that the kids could play on before dinner. If people need something that could have games on it, that could change to different keys for every game, and that could do everything that a regular laptop could do then they would probably get one of these. I think that these will be around a lot in the future. Everyone will have one of these, probably with a few updates along the way, in the future.

I agree with some of the things that she said, but I disagreed with some of them also. The things that I agreed with her about are that we are our best "selfs" in games. We have money, a house, and a lot of other things that some of us don't have in real life. In the game, we don't worry about anything. We carry on the game because we don't have any worries. Everything is right in the game. Also, there is always something to do in the game. You are either trying to solve a problem or fight crime. These are my thoughts on this video.

Article posted October 15, 2010 at 02:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

This is my I Am From Poem.

I am from...

I am from Chocolate

Shoving it down my throat

Wishing I could have more

Eating one after another

I am from Music

Listening all day long

Buying this and buying that

Saying sentences with rythum

I am from Cookie Dough

Eating until it gets really low

Enjoying every moment

Wanting even more

I am from Baseball

Hearing the bat meet the ball

The crowd cheering

You get the run

I am from Bush Stadium

Walking underneath

Being welcomed by the players

Knowing where I am

I am from Daisy

Running in the yard

Falling down

Throwing the ball

In technology class, we had to write a business letter to a business that we had gone to recently. We sent the letter in an e-mail. I sent it to them and they told me what I wanted to know. I learned how to write a business letter and I learned that you should be respectful when you write to them

Article posted May 14, 2010 at 02:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Today in tecnology we watched a video about Second Life. Second Life is a computer game in where you walk around and go to different islands. My opinion about Second Life is that I think that it doesn't relate to what it is like in Second Life because you can fly in Second Life, but you can't fly in real life.