Emma's Blog!-

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

by teacher: Rob Jacklin

My Blog about online rules :) Its what I think about what's right and what's wrong when posting online.

PowerPoint #1-- I think this one is good because it has alot of informationt but also has the perfect amount of pictures to go along with it. There is also charts to help me understand the topic. It is also not to long, like PPT #2.

PowerPoint #2-- This one is a good source of information, but not for a seventh grader like me. It's really long, and there are too many sentences- not enough bullet points. The good thing about this PPT is that with the information, there are visuals that help alot.

PowerPoint #3-- This one, like the others, has great information.It is also the perfect amount of slides.  Sadly, I changed my mind because it has no pictures. Pictures seem to help me alot, because I can actually see what's going on. 

The architecture of the supreme court shows that it is a very important places to the United States, and should be respected and cared for.

The statues and friezes show that many people worked hard on building the supreme court and working at the supreme court. There are a lot of busts of people who are good enough to be in the supreme court.

There is a statue of the Thinker in on of the chambers, so they probably do a lot of thinking at the supreme court.

mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:

EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA">Once, my school’s grade six through eight went on a skiing trip. I wasn’t very good, and I accidentally fell on a cranky worker. But I still thought it was fun, so my friend Emily and I went back again that night. She wanted to go down the big hill, so I went with her. I told her I’d meet her at the bottom, and then we started going down the hill. Halfway down, I started tripping and stuff. And then I fell on my back and banged my knee into my face. They had to pull me down on this awesome sled, and they made me a brace. Then I went home with Emily. My orthodontist had to fix my braces because I banged my knee against them really hard. I learned one thing from skiing- I can’t ski.

Today my class watched videos about new technology. They were pretty cool, especially this computer where the keys changed based on what you are doing on the screen. I think it is a "stepping stone" for the future because it's interactive, and you can do things like play games, talk with people, pretty much anything. And, because the keys can change, it is lightweight.

My class learned how to write a business letter. We picked a business (Texas Roadhouse!) and wrote them a letter to tell them what we liked about their restaurant. We had to describe the certain things we liked to eat there. Then I...... Sent it!

Writing the letter showed me that people do care what you think and they want feedback to make their products even better.

I am from…

I am from America

Seeing the hills and mountains

Watching the waves in the seas

Always something to do.

I am from my family

My mom and dad

My brother and sister

And my pets, too.

I am from food

Peanut butter is my favorite

Chocolate is up there too

Eggs seem really gross to me

I am from nature

Trees everywhere I will be

Water rushing through a river

Always something to see

I am from volleyball

Playing all I can

Bumping, setting, spiking,

All you need are two hands

This my blog on the Coronary Heart Disease. I like my blog because the background is fun, calming, and simple. When your reading it, it gives you a good feeling. What I don't like about my blog is that I could only find one decent picture!!!! But here it is----

Hey! This is my very first glog. It is not finished yet, but I still want to share it!

Article posted March 3, 2010 at 05:16 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 36

Kids in South Korea have been surrounded for hours by only one thing- video games. Some of them only stop to eat- and then go straight back to the computer. Kids have even died in gaming marathons because they spend fifty hours or more without much food and water. Now, people try to help these kids by having their parents send them to camps where instructors counsel them to stop playing as much video games.          

At the camps, people encourage the kids to go outside and do something energetic. They have them fill out forms about how much they are addicted. If I had to fill one out, it would help me realize that I definitely have an addiction (but I dont, it was just an example).

My opinion-  I am happy people have started camps to help kids with video game addictions. Without them, the whole world would just stare at computer screens all day. Besides, to me its more fun outside! 

Article posted March 2, 2010 at 03:42 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 36

At this time, the newest country songs are-

The Truth- By Jason Aldean, this song is slow and sad, but still a hit! Jason Aldean is thirty-three years old and already has three CD's! One was released in two thousand five, the next in two thousand seven, and the latest in two thousand nine.

Cowboy Casanova- By Carrie Underwood, this song is really fast paced, with creative lyrics! Carrie Underwood is twenty-two years old and has already made three CD's (just like Jason Aldean- see a pattern?) . She is definitely on my favorite singers list!

Article posted February 24, 2010 at 05:14 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

Picture from flikr by: Bobcatnorth Called: The Big Fiddle Sydney Nova Scotia

This is my first article! My blog is about country music! If your a fan (like me) check this out!