Mixed Vegetables-

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

by teacher: Rob Jacklin

The Presentation I pick was a good one because:

• It displayed pictures that greatly helped me to understand the information

• There were good explanations to each of the terms

Contrasts:

• It had better explanations "I saw it as a definition instead of just Blah Blah Blah"

• The pictures were diagrams instead of just random images of a virus

• There were examples of types of bacteria and viruses

Comparisons:

• They both had the same information

• They were both very in depth

• They both used the same terms

Here is the Presentation

Viruses & Bacteria

The Supreme Court looks like it was hard to build.  The statues look like they took forever to carve.  The freizes are all actually 3-D, which means this building was very hard to make.  The court room look very organized and that there are a lot of members.  There are a lot of book here, so the people must be really smart.

http://www.oyez.org/print/64006

FMS Logo is a simple program that uses a simple programming language.  It uses a "Turtle".  The turtle is a small triangle that draw things on the screen, based on what you tell it to do with the language.  If you type "fd 100" the turtle goes forward 100 pixels.  By default, the turtles heading (Direction) is 0 degrees, or straight up.  Another simple command is "rt".  Rt is short for right.  For instance, if you type "rt 90" it will turn right 90 degrees.  As you progress in learning the language, you begin to use codes such as "windowcreate "root "Polygon "Polygon 1 1 100 50 []".

The download Link for FMS Logo is here: http://www.alancsmith.co.uk/logo/

Also, if you have a Macintosh there is a program called ACS Logo.  ACS Logo is a lot like FMS Logo, but it is more primative and has slightly different commands than FMS Logo.

It can be located here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fmslogo/

3.  The 3DS because we will now be able to see 3D images without 3D glasses.

2.  The Anti-Sleep Car Driver thing might cause less car accidents  to happen.

1.  Xi3 Modular Computer could help make work more easy by easily being able to transport projects so we could work on them all the time.

Well, I do play the drums. I've got good rythm. I don't really like normal music. I like music that don't have lyrics. I can tell if a beat is off. I'm not really good with tunes, just beats. I'm okay at finding the right tempo for something. Music isn't a very big part of my life. I don't need it. I like listening to music, but I don't need it. I think I'm done now.

Well that video was interesting... Here is what I think about it:

First of all, I think people play a lot of video games. A lot. I don't think that is a bad thing, but all that time could have been used saving the "real" world. I think these gamers could be used as a human resource, but the kind of games that are played may not be pilots of real life problem solving ability. I think this becuase I have never heard of the games that the lady talked about untill now. I know that playing video games for me are just passtimes, not teaching me to save the world. I think video games can improve some of our skills, but I think a person needs to go way deeper to really gain some valuable skills. I don't think video games are a bad thing, or that a person should never play them. They improve our reflexes and our hand-eye cordination, but we should not spend so much time playing them that we cannot do other much deeper things that are in the real world. Just think, if everyone was playing video games, nobody would be able to do anything in the real world. The people who played games to survive a famine, might have survived it, but spent too much time on their dice games that they couldn't work the land well enough to produce anyhing!

Well thats just what I think.

Well, you all know that we had to do this business email thing last week and it was pretty good.  There were a few things that I was dissapointed about, and and other things that I really enjoyed about the project.  Well, you're probably dying to know what they are, so here you go.

Things I liked about the project:

1.  Being able to actually send an email to a business of our choice.  This really made me happy because usually at school, we get our business chosen for us.

2.  Sending an business E-mail is something we probably would'nt be able to do in any other school.

Things I didn't like about the project:

1.  Well, it wasn't as interesting as I would have liked, so I hope we get to do stuff in the future such as using paint or programming.

And I guess that about it.  See ya'll later!

Tom

I AM FROM…

I am from home

Playing outside

Growing up

Having fun

I am from the pool

Swimming deep

Having contests

Eating watermelon

I am from the woods

Making tools

Building forts

Exploring far

I am from computers

Animating all day

Hacking junk

Figuring out I wrecked my system

I am from drums

Beating the set

Rocking out at concerts

Practicing every day

I am from food

Eating a lot

Eating more

Eating even more

I am from speed

Running fast

Eating fast

Doing fast

I am from sleeping

Sleeping in

Sleeping a lot

Sleeping more

I am from a forge

Making tools

Making weapons

Making anything

I am from myself

Doing stuff alone

Making stuff alone

Going places alone

I am from snow

Sledding down mountains

Doing dangerous things

Freezing my feet

The following conversation has been recorded and stored at the Random Police Facility:

President of Company:  Hey man how's are profits?

Vice President of Company:  Umm...  Well....

President:  Gosh Darnit man!  -$700.00 again?!?

Vice:  Hey it's not my fault.

President:  Yes it is!  You're the one who got the .org website instead of the .com!

Vice:  That's because it was cheaper.

President:  Well it dosen't matter how much it costs now, does it!  Just because you wanted to save money on our website, we now owe $25,000 to the bank because nobody goes to the stinkin .org websites anymore!

Vice:  Well how am I supposed to know that?

President:  When's the last time you went to a .org website?

Vice:  umm... let me check.... 1995.

President:  See!

Vice:  Yeah but still...

President:  Oh be quiet!  If you would have just spent the extra money on a .com website, we would have actually gotten some money and been able to pay off the bank, but noooo, you wanted to save the money on a stinkin .org website!

Vice:  Ok ok!  Fine, I'll get the stinkin .com website.  Just simmer down.

President:  Good.  Now we can actually make a few dollars.

(1 month later)

President:  Hey man, how much have we made?

Vice:  Uhhh...  $3

President:  What?!?  I told you to get the stinkin .net website because nobody goes to .com websites anymore!

Vice:  ........

The following story contains awesomeness, epicness, and randomness.  If you cannot handle these things, do not continue reading this article.  Thank you.

One day I was surfing on a taco filled with pandas and Juicy Juice.  Suddenly I realized I was a Gorilla.  I flipped out and dropped my soda onto a concrete zebra.  He got very angry and gave me a free popsicle.  It tasted like grapes and grasshoppers.  When I got to Mars, the zebra people thanked me and gave me an eraser.  That was what I had been looking for my whole entire life!