Colin's Blog-

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

by teacher: Rob Jacklin

Here is my standards for posting online. I will keep these rules for the rest of my life! I think that these are some of the many rules to follow when posting online.

Today in technology class we searched Google to try to find powerpoints that talked about viruses and bacterias.  We started our search with the word "filetype:ppt virus and bacteria" that gave us powerpoints about a virus and bacteria.  We needed to find at least three powerpoints that we could compare and contrast.  The three that I found were similar because they both had to do with viruses and bacteria, they all have a default background, and they all have pictues that has to do with that particular slide.  However, there were a lot more differences between these powerpoints.  PowerPoint 1 containes viruses and their diseases, it talks about the different types of bacteria there are, and has many diagrams that shows the different cycles of bacteria.  PowerPoint 2 has a lot of diagrams about how viruses split and separate.  PowerPoint 3 contains a quiz over how viruses and bacteria spread.  I think that PowerPoint 1 is the best powerpoint to use if you want to learn the most about viruses and bacteria.  Even though all powerpoints were about viruses and bacteria, PowerPoint 1 was the best overall because I felt that it didn't use many difficult vocabulary like the other powerpoints did.

Today we took a virtual tour of the Supreme Court in Washington D.C.  I think that the order of the books in the Supreme Court can tell us that they must use many types of books in the Supreme Court because of how they are allinged nice and in an orderly fashion on the bookshelves.  I also think that the Supreme Court's architecture can tell us how the creators of the Supreme Court thought this building should look with all of its turrets, granite floors,bronze doors, and statues.  The creator of the Authority of Law statue must have created it with many thoughts.  Click here to go to the Supreme Court wirtual tour website.

I think golf is the best sport ever!  I have had good and bad golf rounds.  I like to play with my dad.  I also play golf with my friend Austin over the summer.  I always have a blast!  My school has a golf scramble every year.  This year I played with my friends and drove the golf carts together.  We drove all over the course and spun out of control.  It was the best golf game I have ever played!  There were snack carts that gave out free candy and soda.  At the end of the game, our cart was filled with trash!  All in all, I enjoy playing the game of golf!

Article posted January 13, 2011 at 03:35 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Today we watched videos that were taken at the Consumer Electronic Show of 2011.  Here are my thoughts on how our technology is changing:

1.  I think that the Razor Switchblade has the greatest potential to revolutionize our society or culture because it will change the way we play computer games.  The Razor Switchblade has a keyboard that adapts to the game that you are playing which can make the controls of a computer game a lot easier to find.  This has the potential to change the way we play computer games forever!

2.  The tool that I think looks like a "stepping stone" for technology for the future is the iTwin because it has the ability to talk to another computer around the world just with two USB connectors.  I think that the iTwin will eventually become a device that we will use everyday.  It will change the way we think about technology!

I think that this video was a very far look into the future.  I think that Jane is very connected to what she does and gives a lot of facts about gamers today.  It shocked me on how much time gamers spend playing video games or computer games.  I think that this was a very interesting talk and can't wait to see what will happen to our video games in the future.

I am from Missouri

Moving from house to house

Living with my family

Loving the nature

I am from my family

Loving me for who I am

Caring for each other

Always there for me

I am from soda

Drinking every last drop

Feeling the bubbles on my tongue

Shaking it up

I am from golf

Hitting the golf ball far

Driving in the golf cart

Sinking every putt

I am from the Indianapolis Colts

Watching every game

Seeing Payton Manning on the field

Listening to the crowd go wild

I am from cruise trips

Spending time with the family

Seeing every show

Hanging out by the pool

I am from God

Creating me

Loving me

Becoming part of me

I thought that writing the business e-mail was a good way to interact with the business that you liked or didn't like.  I thought it was a great learning experience on how to get your thoughts to the people you want to hear about it.  I really enjoyed doing this project! All in all, was a great class assingment and I would like to do it again another time!

This is my science blog about COPD. I had fun putting this blog together with my research. It was a little hard to find a good design and color scheme to fit with my blog. Either way it was a great learning experence!

Today Mr. Jacklin showed us a video about Sea Dragon, Photosynth and Bing Maps. I had some questions for them...

Sea Dragon

1. How do you get all of this data into one spot at a time and get it run smoothly?

Photosynth

1. How did photosynth get to where it is now?

2. How does photosynth get still pictures to make a 3-D model with 2-D pictures?

3. What might photosynth lead to?

Bing Maps

1. Do you use the same technology by looking at a building and going inside it?

2. How does the telescope in the sky really work?

3. Will this lead to an even better technology world?

I reacted to all of this new technology by thinking about the future. What will happen to the world as we know it? Will it ever be the same?

Here is the embed code for Bing Maps-