PHLA

by teacher: Rye Alumni

Prices as if on a trampoline

This is my project on stocks and how to use them. I had to pick out some companies I wanted to invest in for this project. I used no real money in this project. We pretended to buy stocks and sell them too. There are some tips for the future if you wanted to invest.

I had picked Google, apple, and Wal-mart, because I like the companies and the products they make. I had bought Google stocks because of how I knew about the company, the stock had been going up, and I use Google a lot. I love iPod touches so I got apple, I also love the logo, I also knew apple was a good company. At the time of when we bought the stocks I had been going to Wal-mart a lot, it was also the first company that came to my mind. Most of these stocks did not do well in the end.

If this was not a project I would not of bought any stocks because it is very risky, but since I didn’t use any money for real, then I didn’t mind. If I could change three things then one would be buying less Google shares, because they started 597.25 and ended at 525.10. a change I also would have made is to buy less Wal-mart shares because I had ended up losing a lot of money. The last change would be to buy more apple shares because I had bought 9 and then they went way up by about 50 dollars. I think the apple prices went up because they made newer iPods and iPhones.

If you want to invest in stocks then I would say don’t but if you do then but a lot of shares from companies that have low prices and are going to make a newer version of a popular thing. This happened with apple iPod touches were very popular and then I bought some shares and they made a newer version of the iPod touch and the stock went very high up. If you buy shares buy from popular companies that are going down so they can have a chance to rise up. Do not buy shares for a high price in case it is at its peak.

This project lasted for a very long time so that is why this is such a big project. We started this project way back in November. We have invested (no pun intended) a lot of time in this project. Over this long period of time I have learned a lot. I hope you learned as much as me throughout this reflection of the project.

Article posted March 18, 2011 at 07:02 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 53

This is my flag I created for Antarctica. I created this flag because there is no flag for Antarctica. I used the moon and the sun because in Antarctica it is only dark for twenty-four hours or light for twenty-four hours. The background is blue on the right side of the picture because of how it is on the same side as the sun. I made the left side have stars and be darker because it is night. I wrote Antarctica on the right side because of how it looked blank and no one would recognize the flag without the name of where it represents.

The living quarters in a space shuttle is about the size of a small kitchen. It is very small and cramped, it also has machines. The living area is just like a small hotel room living room,but it has about 7-8 people in one place. There are exercise machines so they can exercise while still in space. They all eat in the living quarters and when they want something then they have it thrown to them by someone else (usually), it is very fun to watch on video.

Hygiene is almost the same as here on earth exept it is a little different. Brushing your teeth is the same as on earth. shampooing is a little different you just use non rinse shampoo. Taking a shower is a lot different you have to use a sponge.

Some people ask how you use the toilet in space. the answer to the question is you strap in your legs and your waist. as you "go" then your waste is sucked practically into a vacuum. Why do you have to do this because your fluids do not just shoot down they float and so do your solids. That is the answer to how do you go to the bathroom in space.

hellping your curiousity,

PHLA

Dear Mr.Gianforte,

I hope that you come back sometime because I learned a bunch I would've never known, like that stars have planets. Even though not all stars have planets , only some but its still cool. Astronomy is really interesting I love it, so thanks.

You should move your observatory so it's not in the forest. You could learn a lot more if you moved your observatory and then when/if you come back then you can teach us more about planets. If your observatory is bigger than all the trees then this doesn't matter, anyway.........

With thanks,

PHLA

We had the Moon rocks in class.

title="Wordle: rjh">
src="http://www.wordle.net/thumb/wrdl/2424332/rjh"

alt="Wordle: rjh"

style="padding:4px;border:1px solid #ddd">

Article posted May 7, 2010 at 01:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml" target="_blank">file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml" rel="File-List" />

The rock cycle:

The rock cycle starts with magma then goes threw crystallization and turns into intrusive igneous rocks. Intrusive igneous rocks turns into metamorphic rock, and goes threw melting, from there it turns into magma again. Magma turns into extrusive igneous rocks, but first it goes threw consolidation. After they turn into metamorphic rocks then the metamorphic rocks melt and turn into magma. Once there is magma then it goes threw crystallization, they turn into intrusive igneous rocks. Intrusive igneous rocks go to uplift and exposure. Now it goes to the parts where its all actions and not being a rock so first they go to transportation, then they go to the other ones which are deposition, and lithification. Now the sedimentary rocks go threw weathering, deposition, and lastly lithification. From lithification it goes to sedimentary rocks, and then go threw metamorphism, and turn into metamorphic rocks, at metamorphic then that goes threw uplift and exposure and then weathering, deposition, and lithification. Now its all at sedimentary rocks, they go threw metamorphism to a metamorphic rock and then the metamorphic rock melts and is once again magma.

Reasons of the seasons The reason they invented seasons is because then you can classify what time of year it is. There are more reasons to have seasons like because some countries are dark some of the countries are bright some of the other countries are light and some other countries are kind of dark. When the Earth rotates then one side of the Earth is darker and one side of the Earth is bright so dark makes it cold and bright makes it warm right now New Hampshire is getting closer to the sun and even closer.

language arts: for the African project i made a folktale about a hippo and an alligator who make a bet.

science: i made an African animal mini poster about a blacksmith plover.

math: mr scogins is my homeroom and we do so much fun stuff! in class i did an African pattern it even has translstoins and moving parts!

social studies: we are going all around the world kinda but we learn a lot about Africa it fun too!

art: im making a whistle its going to have a cool design on it.

technology education: im making a m'bira.

music: we are going all around the world while staying in the classroom we learned a lot about africa.