FRDA

by teacher: Rye Alumni

Stock Market Report

In math for the last few months we have been keeping track of three stocks that we bought on November 15th. We were given 10,000 dollars to buy three different stocks. We had to buy a perfect amount of shares of each stock to get as close as we could to 10,000 dollars without going over.

The stocks I bought were Genzyme Corporation, McDonald’s Corporation, and V.F. Corporation. I bought shares of Genzyme Corporation because I couldn't think of a third stock to buy so I looked on the bullish list and there it was the number one stock predicted to do good in the market this year. This didn't exactly happen because at first the stock was everywhere down then low down then low for the first three months. Then it went up about five to six dollars. Then unfortunately it got bought out by a big company at the high of the stock and they gave all stock owners 76 dollars a share. Then McDonald’s wasn't that great of an idea. I thought it would go skyrocketing up because of the event in japan/china a couple of months ago but that wasn't the case I bought it at 79.32 and sold it at 79.07.Then I bought some shares in V.F. Corporation because it was near Christmas and this company owns a lot of big clothing companies like reef and others. This stock was 80.39 when I bought it and I sold it at 103.50 dollars. In all I made a total of $1404.52.

In my investing options I would change a lot from what I learned along the way while buying stocks and keeping track of them. First of all I wouldnt just buy stocks because I like them. I would research the stock and figure out if it has been doing good in the market. I would also look at the all time high and the current share price because usually a stock that goes above the all time high will go down after it reaches that mark. Then I would research the company to see what they are all about then look at the economy to see whats going on. For example when BP had the big oil spill I wouldnt buy any stocks from that company because they are going to lose money because of the cost of the spill cleanup. I bought shares of McDonald's because I heard of an event in china/japan that would boost up McDonald’s shares. But unfortunately this didnt happen. I should have research the company more.

Stocks are a risky business when you dont know what your doing and can put you in dept in the thousands. But can also make you millions if you do the right research and investigating in the stocks. If a stocks starts out at a low cost like .25 cents and you have bought 10,000 shares then suddenly it jumps up to $2.00 then $4.00 then maybe $10.00. Then right when its about to get to $11.00 starts to go down by .50 cents every week sell all your shares in the company. You want to buy low and sell when its high. Research is the key to doing good in the stock market. Research what the company does, the all time high, and the 52 week high etc. until you are positive the stock is going to do well. If all else fails buy shares in a big company that is world renowned like Google, Microsoft, or apple.

The stock market is a risky business. It can put you in dept in the millions if you don't know what you are doing. If you take the right steps researching and investing in stocks , you can avoid being put in dept and make millions if you really know what you are doing. Someone always gets lucky in the stock market. The stock market has fortunately treated me well , and I made about 15 hundred dollars.

This is my design for the flag of Antarctica. I put a penguin and seal on it because those are the only animals that go on top of the ice besides the wingless fly. For the background I put the outline of Antarctica.

Dear J,

My love for you is like a red giant. If I can't have you, I will explode and become a black dwarf or a black hole. My heart would be emptier than a black hole. My passion for you is hotter than the sun from mercury. Your hotter than a blue star. Your gravity pulls me in.

Love,

FRDA

This is  a project we did in art were we  picked a spot in the art room to hide. To do this project we took pictures of our hiding spot and ourselves then combined our two pictures to create a photo of  us hiding in the art room. I hid inside a picture in the art room can you find me!

In science class we learned about the eye. Some things I learned about the eye that I thought was interesting are that the eye has oil in it and when you cry it goes down to your nose and makes your nose runny. Another thing I thought was interesting was that the eye has a blind spot. The last thing I found interesting about the eye was that the eye shuts half an hour each day.

Sitting on my surfboard in a world of deep blue water.

The fear of a monstrous wave crushing me.

The shear force of the wave is enough to drive you into the rock hard reef under you.

Surfing brings me joy.

When I first paddle and drop into a wave,

my adrenaline  pumps 10x faster than usual.

As adrenaline rushes through my body

I get a high that is totally unique to surfing. sitting on my surfboard in a deep blue world of fear and excitement.

Living in space is a different experience and is very difficult. Here are some information about living in space. Living quarters in space are very cramped. They are about the size of an average school bus. Workers living in space eat, do experiments, and exercise in the same room. But workers in space sleep in a separate room where there are bunkbeds and sleeping bags attached to the floor and walls. So living quarters are very tight and not very roomy. Astronauts wear various types of clothing for all aspects of a mission in space. Whether preparing for launch, working inside a space shuttle or space station, working outside in space, or landing back on Earth astronauts wear the proper garments for both comfort and protection. Food in space is not the best. There are ovens in the space shuttles and space stations to heat food. But there are no refrigerators in any space stations or shuttles so the room the food is kept in has to be cooled to keep the food from spoiling. Condiments are provided such as ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. Salt and pepper are aslo provided but only in liquid form. Space food used to be horrible but now astronauts get to choose what they eat in space. Astronauts perform many tasks as they orbit Earth space in the space stations and space shuttles. Space station crew members spend their day working on experiments in space. They also take part in medical experiments to determine how well their bodies are adjusting to living with no gravity. Working in space is very interesting because of the experiments they can do with no gravity. Astronauts living and working in space have the same hygiene needs as people on Earth. They wash their hair, brush their teeth, shave, and go to the bathroom. Hygiene in space is the same as on Earth. Workers in space go to sleep after a long and hard day of work just like on Earth. But there are some differences because there is no gravity in space so they have to attach themselves to a bed, wall, or seat so they don't float around and bump into something. They also sleep in sleeping bags that are attached to walls or the floor, and they also sleep in bunkbeds that they have to attach themselves to. Sleeping in space is a lot like sleeping on Earth. Living in space is very hard to adjust to because of the weightlessness, the food in space, working in space, sleeping in space, and exercising in space. When you live in space you dont have to use your muscles so you lose body muscle if you don't workout when you are in space that's why all astronauts workout when they are in space orbiting Earth. Living in space is very difficult at times. Living in space is a unique experience that everyone dreams of.

Dear Dad,

For the first module in math I learned many things and this is what I learned. At the beginning of the year I learned how to interpret bar and line graphs. I also learned how to tally and create frequency tables. Then I reviewed area and volume of shapes. After that I learned how to create bar graphs using a frequency table. Next I learned how to use variables to solve number tricks which is algebra. Then I learned to model a number sentence with a word sentence, table, and a graph. I learned all this in the first half of module one.

Then in the second half of module one I learned the following. First I learned how to predict the nth term of a number sequence. Then I learned how to compute with exponents. After that I learned how to use a number from zero to one to estimate probability. Next I learned to find the experimental and theoretical probability of an event. The last thing I learned in module one was order of operations.

Out of everything I learned in module one the following were my favorite to learn because it was fun or it was really easy. My first favorite thing I learned was how to find experimental and theoretical probability of an event because in the big project we did we got to work with partners and eat a lot of candy. My second favorite thing to learn in module one was order of operations because I found it very easy. My last favorite thing to learn in module one was how to use variables to solve number tricks because the number tricks were really fun I thought.

The rest of the stuff I learned in module one I thought was boring or just didn't prefer. This is every thing I learned in module one.

Your Son,

FRDA

Dear Mr. Gianforte,

I learned a lot from your talk the other day. Here is some things I learned. I learned that there are other galaxies beyond our solar system. I also learned that there may be another Earth-like planet in one of the distant universes. The last thing I learned the different methods scientists use to find exosolar planets.