CRER

Stock Markets

Corporation Shares Price/Share Price/Share Total Price Total Price Gains/Losses

Week 1 Week 24 Week 1 Week 24

Bottomline 105 $19.16 $24.15 $2,011.80 $2,535.75 $523.95
JP Morgan Chase & Co. 74 $40.41 $44.68 $2,990.34 $3,306.32 $315.98
Radio One Inc. 4164 $1.20 $2.70 $4,996.80 $11,242.80 $6,246.00

Total $9,998.94 $17,084.87 $7,085.93

Article posted May 24, 2011 at 12:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 61

In Math Class we learned about the stock market. For my stock market project I picked Bottomline, Chase, and Radio One. My companies did pretty well and that improvement will be shown below. In this essay I will be talking about these companies in two paragraphs. In the last paragraph I will be talking about the advice and strategy you should use while investing in stocks.

The companies I selected for my portfolio were Bottomline, Chase, and Radio One. I chose Bottomline because it’s a stable company. Other reasons that I chose Bottomline were because the stock wasn’t that pricy, my father works there and owns stocks from Bottomline, and it’s in the local area. One of the other companies I invested in was JP Morgan Chase. The main reason I chose Chase was because it’s a famous corporation, making it popular. I also chose Chase because it had a good reputation and it is known for its popular credit card. The last company I invested in was Radio One. I bought this stock because I was looking for a penny stock. The other reason I bought it was because I was aiming to buy a lot of stocks for a little price. I think I made good choices about investing in these companies.

My stocks did very well and I made a lot of money from them. The only thing I would change would be to buy more stocks from Radio One. This stock I made the most out of all of them so if I bought more shares than I would of made more money. For Bottomline and JP Morgan Chase I would change nothing because these shares were more expensive than Radio One. I wouldn’t buy any more or less shares than I already did, from Bottomline and Chase. Overall I think that my stocks did very well, and they made me a lot of money, 7,085 $.

Here are some strategies and advice, about investing in stocks. One strategy that you could use is to look into the company’s reputation in stocks. You want to see if they have improved in their stocks, also to see what time of the day is best to invest, and are their stock prices not steady. For example, if the stocks you are interested in, are going high, and then low in one day. More advice is to find out what the company is all about. You want to see if the product is interesting people and if the product is popular. What kind product do they sell and does it sell to the public. The last piece of advice you should know before investing in stocks is to find out about the reputation of the business. You want to see if it is doing well or not so well. Like if they are starting out as a new business or are going out of business, also if they are in a bad location or a good location. When investing in stocks, it might be helpful to use these strategies.

From November to May I learned about stocks and invested in stocks. My stocks were Bottomline, Chase, and Radio One. I would have invested more in Radio One because it gained me the most money. Overall I think my investing and my project went pretty well. With my little experience, in stocks, I think I did really well and I learned a lot from this project, for the future.

This is my flag for Antarctica. I made this with Antarctica in the middle and features of Antarctica around it, like the penguin, killer whale, mountains, and seal. Antarctica is white because it is glaciers, ice, and snow. Then I made the background blue because it surrounded by water. For my features I drew an emperor penguin, and a gray seal. This is my Antarctica flag.

Snow

Before a snow storm: When ever a snow storm is about to come you can smell the moisturized air, when you walk outside. When the sky looks white, you know that it is about to snow. The feeling before a snow storm is exciting, as you don't exactly know how much you are going to get, until it comes. Before a snow storm you also think about if your going to have school or not. If your going to have a snow day or not? And a snow day is when you don't have school, either when it is snowing hard or the streets are not clear. Before a snow storm, I wait for what the snowflakes are going to look like, and every snow flake is different. The snowflakes are the things that make snow white, and each one is unique. I know that the snow will soon come.

During a snow storm: You look out the window and you see the little snowflakes floating down one by one. And when you look directly at your window you see them stick on the glass. It's more exciting to play during the snow storm then after the snow storm. It's fun to catch snowflakes in your mouth but sometimes they are so little that you can't feel them on your tongue. I could be out there forever, and it's fun to build forts, and snow mans, which are big snow balls piled on top on each other with a hat, scarf, carrot as a nose, eyes as coal, and arms as sticks. It's really amazing when it snows.

In the snow you can make anything you want, a snowman, a snow angel (that is a angel that you make with your arms and legs in the snow), and a snowball that is fun to fool around with your friends. You can also sled down huge hills.

Making forts are really cool to build in the snow because you could make anything you like. It is always fun to build a fort, but it's a lot of work. You can build tunnels and still have them stable, and you can build holes in the snow banks (piles of snow) making them go so far down.

After a snow storm: After a snow storm, there is a feeling that it is still snowing. It's not sad that the snow storm is gone but it is comforting because there is still snow on the ground, hopefully. There is all different types of snow, powder (which is soft and fluffy), icy (which is hard and slippery, and sticky snow (that is good for snowman, snowballs, and forts). There is more types of snow out there though.

Some snow-

Some snow can make me more delighted than others

Like the fluffy snow that is like a feather bed

Or the tough icy sleet of snow that is harder than anything you can imagine

Rain-

The sound of rain tingles on the windows sounding like the crinkling of paper

The sound of rain can be distinctive but only when it's pouring down

When I look outside I see nothing but black

I use only one sense and that is hearing

The noise of rain can always be mistaken for something else

Fire-

The blazing log burst when the flames have reached the center

Blue, red, and orange fly into the air

Like fireworks in the sky on the 4th of July

Under the logs the orange cinders glow even

brighter than the flame

The heat rises with fury but the fire looks calm